Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rabies fear after 1 and half Years

Re: Rabies fear after 1 and half Years

Actually yesterday after reading your replies I was discussing it with my friends. It's a query of my friend who is taking rabies vaccine. I asked it on behalf of him from this same account.Sorry for the trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by anku View Post
    Actually yesterday after reading your replies I was discussing it with my friends. It's a query of my friend who is taking rabies vaccine. I asked it on behalf of him from this same account.Sorry for the trouble.
    Respectfully...

"I am taking a dose of three rabies vaccination following a dog scratch. Today, the 7th day is scheduled for the second vaccine, today I was scratched by another dog. Should I restart the vaccination or continue with it?"

I'm confused Why not just say "my friend" instead of "I"? And why would your friend be getting the vaccine? It's incredibly expensive and they only give it when there's a high chance of exposure.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Yes ^ AND your 'friend' would have the advice of the medic who is giving the vaccine and not need to ask it on here. Anku, are you buying something over the internet or something to self-medicate because of your fears ? (if this is even possible to buy over the internet?) I am concerned about why you are asking this question here. We can try and advise you about your health fear, but you need to be honest. I know that Rabies is a real problem in India, so I'm not down-playing the real risk you are feeling here.
    Last edited by Carys; 12-02-18 at 15:54.

No, i am not doing that. Actually, my friend put these fears in me regarding the incubation period of the rabies virus. He was scratched by a stray dog a few days ago and has gone parranoid over it.He has got the first shot on 6 Feb. Today, I was telling him that it is not possible to get rabies after 1 and half Years when he said that he didn't see but a dog was passing by his side and what if the dog scratched him and he didn't feel anything so, he asked me to ask here if he needs to restart the vaccine. It's like whenever he sees a cat or a dog, he freaks out. There are a lot of strays in this area.It has come to a point that he won't even get out of the house thinking if he doesn't feel a dog or cat Scratch. For now, i am doing all of his outside work but it can't go on forever. What should I do to get this fear out of his head?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information