Thread: Dizziness, lightheadedness etc etc

Dizziness, lightheadedness etc etc

Hi everyone

I had to return home from work on Monday due to extreme dizziness - everytime i turned my head, I felt sick.
    My anxiety has reared its ugly head again and I have been seeing my very understanding Dr regularly for about a month. I have resisted going on medication again (I was on librium years ago), although now I am beginning to think I need some help. (this site has been a great help).
    The trouble is, I know I suffer with axiety and that it causes all these physical symptoms, but there is always this little voice in the back of my head saying "but what if it is'nt???". what if its something serious ?? a brain tumour, a stroke, a heart attack etc etc.
    I hate keep running to the docs........I hate feeling like this.......I HATE ANXIETY !!!

Re: Dizziness, lightheadedness etc etc

I have that voice too. I don't know how you get rid of it yet but sometimes it's quiet and sometimes it's a right noisy thing. I think it currently tells me I'm ill about once an hour but last week it was fairly silent.

Hi Judipat, I know what you are going through is very hard but try not to worry (easier said than done I know). I agree it could be your anxiety but it could also be to do with your ears. I have suffered with ear problems for more than a year now and that is what tipped my anxiety over the edge! If you go to the doctors ask about your ears/vertigo, also mention the sickness feeling. None of this is dangerous to you, but it is scary not knowing or understanding the symptoms and feelings. Sharon xx

Thanks for your replies.
    I have an appointment with the docs on Monday - I will ask him about the ear problems, I have been reading on this site about BVVP. It is quite possible that its something like that as I have always suffered probs with my ears - (had 2 lots of ear surgery, plus 2 perforation repairs). The symptoms I'm having do point to this DVVP - which I've never heard of !!
    I'll let you know - thanks again
    Judi

Hi Judi
    Wow I really wonder what the deal is... I have the same exact symptoms. I have been very dizzy and offbalance, and it is a tonworse when I move my head.I have gone to several doctors who have confirmed I have vertigo, but they cannot come to an agreement about the cause. Interestly though, I have also had several operations on my ear, including a perforation repair. There are a lot of people on here who get the vertigo, but I wonder if maybe we are prone to it because of the ear history? I find that a ton of my anxiety is about my ears. I was at the store the other day, and my ear just clogged out of the blue,then it started to itch, it threw me into a huge panic. Anyway--I had this dizziness really bad about two years ago, and it just passed on its own, so I am hopnig it will pass again. Anyway, PM me if you ever want to chat... I know how difficult it is when everything that is supposed to be stationary is moving.

-- Anonymous

Thread Information