Thread: Bowel or rectal cancer

Bowel or rectal cancer

I'm a mess, I'm trying to be strong and fight this anxiety but I just can't. I have such bad bowel problems, I can never go, I always am so full of gas. I have this constant ache on my upper left side that feels like its brused. I have had some investigation done. I had an abdominal and pelvic ct scan, I have had blood work, I also had a barium enema. All has come back ok but with the barium it said that that there is some tortuoity and redundancy of the colon with incomplete visualization of some portions but everything they see looks normal. I can't accept I'm ok and don't have cancer because I am still having all these bowel problems. I had a colonoscopy 4 years ago and it came back good but I'm wondering if I should ask to have another one done. This is making me feel like I should just end my life because I'm so so sick of worrying. I have been to counselling nothing seems to help. I feel like I'm going to die soon.

Re: Bowel or rectal cancer

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: Bowel or rectal cancer

Lisak, I'm so sorry you're feeling like this.

I'm not an expert but if your last colonoscopy was 4 years ago I remember reading that they only do them certain amount of years apart as if nothing showed up then, it takes a long time for a polyp to develop then turn into something nasty.

It sounds like you have had all the right tests done and have come back with good results to give you the all clear. I know the presence of a symptom (gas and constipation and upper left quadrant pain) make you think you have something else - and boy do I understand as it's my daily battle - but the reality of that is you probably have IBS-C. What is your diet like? Do you drink water?

I used to get really bad constipation and I changed my diet, now I eat loads more fibre and try to drink about 1-1.5 litres of water a day. Bit difference (in fact I have the opposite problem now!)

Good luck,
    Sx

Thread Information