Thread: 4th day on Citralopram, feeling sick already

Unhappy 4th day on Citralopram, feeling sick already

Hi all..!

Recently, I went to my doctor and finally got a prescription etched out for an antidepressant to help with my depression and anxiety, which keeps me from doing too much of anything like progress in my life. Let me premise by saying that I am prone to worrying about my heath--- which is probably why Im here huh, lol.

Anyway, Im young. Just turned 19. I've only taken 4, 10mg doses of the medicine. I can't swallow pills, so I have to crush it in pudding (don't say that its super small and Im a baby, I know I am ppff!! I psyche myself out... It tastes super nasty BTW lol)

I dont know for certain if my mood has really improved because its kind of stinted behind my laying in bed all day feeling crappy. After only 3 doses really, because I felt bad yesterday... I've been waking up early feeling nauseous, dry mouth (ik this is a main side effect, not too worried) a bit dizzy and shaky at some points as well as slight, occasional headache pangs. I may have some underlying stomach issues, like IBS, so Im not sure if this is exclusively a symptom or if the medication is inflamming another issue, but I do know that my stomach/intestines havent been pleased lol. Gas and pain, reduced appetite.

Is it normal to feel so low after only a few pills? Ive never taken a medication before, not like this. Most people Ive seen say that they have issues after at least a week or two, but is it normal to feel so gross, so soon?

Re: 4th day on Citralopram, feeling sick already

Hi
    Yes it’s very normal to feel like that after only a few days, I started on only 5mg because I get really bad side effects-( I’ve been on these twice before)
    After 3 days of taking 5mg I also felt bad- very low and sad and anxiety was pretty bad.
    It’ll fade away eventually you just have to keep going- they do work - it just takes a while for them to get to where they need to be. And in the meantime they heighten your anxiety an or depression- but it is just a side effect of the medication and it will go - I promise.
    I no it’s awful but we are all in the same boat - we just have to persevere x
    Sending you big hugs 🤗

This is like such a bad nightmare, though it peaks around 3-4 am. I wake up near every night shakey and having to go to the bathroom, before trying to settle back down into a restless sleep. (i usually sleep just fine, i miss it so much)

Ive been cramping with gas and I wish I could stop, but I don't know if its better on the other side or what....

---------- Post added at 04:43 ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 ----------

I'm just having a bad flare up right now, so Im posting a lot heh.... Im thinking about starting to take only half the 10mg pill, which should be 5mg?? If I lower the dose, the side effects might become manageable. Because laying in bed at 4am like this is not okay

The side effects are awful- but the ya do work eventually x
    Try and let more time pass - you’ll get through this.
    I started on 5 mg this time and only on 7.5mg at the moment- I go up 2.5 mg every 10 days x
    The last time I was on them I started on 10mg and my side effects were horrible- that’s why I’m starting of low and going up slowly x
    Take care x

I've decided to wean myself off, as I know these meds arent helping something going on inside me. I think they may be causing some bleeding going on inside, as I've seen (i believe) in my stool the past few days. Both as light red splotcheds and what I think is little red specks. Im concerned its making things worse, so Im gonna try to stop it. Im scared..

Thread Information