Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: smear test

smear test

So Im due my 3 yrly smear test on Thursday. I do them all day long myself so I feel an idiot dreading mine!! I feel the older I get the worse I feel when it comes to appointments for my health. I was in the dentist on Monday, never had a filling or toothache in my life but for some reason I dread my 6monthly check ups. Now my smear, ive never missed one and never had an abnormal one but still hate the thought! Anyone else the same?

Re: smear test

I have one at the end of the month, it’s already overdue and I’m worrying about the results. I know that we have these check ups for a reason, but the fear of bad results scare me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The actual test I don't mind because it's over in 5 minutes for me it's the waiting after those 6 weeks are awful hope you don't have to wait to long

I know, the waiting is just awful. I'm always inclined to go privately... it's worth paying £100 to get your results in a few days I think! Or the HPV tests that you can order online are good too and offer additional reassurance.

Yeah, its not the test that bothers me, at 42 ive had plenty of them, its the waiting for the results and then when that letter drops in...OMG how quickly do you open it!

I know how you feel, mines next week and I am absolutely dreading it , not the test itself so much but the waiting for the results! :(

Well 1 more sleep!! Just spend a few hours doing all the usual lady preparations haha.

So I’m having my smear today. My stomach is churning and I’m dreading it. I never used to be like this it’s awful and the worse thing is that I’ll feel like this until I get my results back.

Good luck! Try & deep breathe when you’re in there xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks scass. I have no idea why I’m stressing. I do smear all day long so I feel like I should be one of the most educated people on here but my ha is making me irrational. I’m away next week so m worrying in case they send me a letter saying I need immediate treatment and I’m not at home to see it. Even though I know it probably won’t get looked at until tomorrow and then a letter wouldn’t get to me until Tuesday at the earliest, I’m totally overthinking and cracking up! I hate HA!

---------- Post added at 10:24 ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 ----------

All done and nothing said about the appearance of my cervix so must look normal. Results take 2 weeks so just have to wait now

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information