Thread: Dry mouth and thirst

Dry mouth and thirst

I assume its just anxiety but does anyone have a dry mouth and a thirst alot? I carry water with me all the time and i always seem to have a dry mouth feeling. I use tictacs but doesn't always help. Any tips or solutions?!
    Sarah

Re: Dry mouth and thirst

Quote Originally Posted by sarahblonde32 View Post
    I assume its just anxiety but does anyone have a dry mouth and a thirst alot? I carry water with me all the time and i always seem to have a dry mouth feeling. I use tictacs but doesn't always help. Any tips or solutions?!
    Sarah
    Hi Sarah,

I have that at the moment, and I figured out that it could be caused by a couple things... I've let myself become dehydrated lately, and I read that in some people it takes electrolytes––not just water––to rehydrate properly. I'm also taking some new herbs that act as a diuretic, and dry mouth is a side effect of them as well. So I've been drinking things like bone broth and coconut water, and there are other ways of getting electrolytes as well, if you're interested.

Have you had a period of time where you didn't drink as much fluid as you needed? Or are you on any supplements or medications that might cause dry mouth or thirst as a side effect?
    I encourage anyone who's struggling with their doctor to take your health into your own hands. You can always start by checking reviews at www.RateMDs.com. And don't forget to leave a positive review for the doctors you appreciate! FYI: Here are some tips on writing an online review of your doctors: http://abt.cm/1lZUdaF

Thread Information