Thread: Hobbies!

Smile Hobbies!

Hello everyone!

One of the biggest remedies for my mental illness over the years has been my hobbies. If you could post what those things are for you, I think it would be great to see and appreciate what we all enjoy

At the moment I am enjoying painting and playing a board game called “Star Wars Armada”, which is a 2 person game where you control your fleet and battle. I’ve always enjoyed competition and this game is quite competitive! The little ships come unpainted so I though I might paint them, it has been difficult but rewarding Another thing I have been looking at in my spare time is marine aquariums and all it would take to maintain one.

Re: Hobbies!

Hi Luna, it's so good to hear you say that hobbies are a helpful way forward, I'm trying to find one right now. I feel like I'm at the beginning of my journey to recovery having tried CBT last year but not really committing to it... Of course as soon as I stopped the good habits from the course I relapsed, so am now starting again, fully committed to doing my homework this time and refusing to slip back into lazy bad habits, as hard as it is... I'm looking for hobbies and ways I can take myself away from isolation as I know this is the way forward. I'm just not sure what my hobby is yet! It's really good to know it is working for you. Change is so hard but I can't carry on like this, your post made me more determined. Thank you x

---------- Post added at 21:18 ---------- Previous post was at 21:15 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLiuna View Post

Another thing I have been looking at in my spare time is marine aquariums and all it would take to maintain one.
    ...and this is one hobby I'm definitely looking into, i adore marine life and looking after nature, think this would be great to do! Hope you end up getting an aquarium

Re: Hobbies!

Hi.
    I agree with you. Hobbies or some duties can help to deal with mental disorders, especially depression and anxiety.
    When I have it, I use to do few things to deal with it: wake up early, meditation, cold shower, go for a walk without a mobile phone. It helps me to get my thoughts together and deal with anxiety or depression. You can try it, I am sure it will be a good experience for you.

Thread Information