Thread: Sleeping way way too much!

Sleeping way way too much!

I知 on week 10 of Citalopram

2 weeks at 10mg
    8 weeks at 20mg

I had to quit work/college at the beginning of this treatment due to extreme anxiety and mild depression.

Thankfully the anxiety has diminished a lot, however it seems depression has got a whole lot worse.

I just have zero energy to do anything. I知 sleeping more than I知 awake during the day and at night. Right now, showering is an accomplishment for me.

I知 really struggling and feel like everyone around me is mistaking it for laziness.

Tell me this will go as I don稚 know how much longer I can go on like this. It痴 no life.

Re: Sleeping way way too much!

20mg dose may be too high for your chemical makeup. How'd you generally fell [not including anxiety] when you were taking 10mg? Much better than you do now?

The few days I was on 20mg I felt like an undead zombie who wanted to do nothing but sleep. While I was on 10mg - I felt mostly ok with a hint of undead zombie and some nagging side effects. When I dropped to 5mg - that seemed to be the sweet spot as I had a ton of energy and no side effects.

Re: Sleeping way way too much!

You are lucky to be sleeping, it's likely to be natures way of healing through the depression.

Yes you will feel better, it's likely took quite a while for you to become depressed so it will take some time to fully come out of it.

Thread Information