Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lump on roof of mouth

Lump on roof of mouth

I have a small lump on the roof of my mouth on the hard palate slightly left to center. There is only pain if i press on it with my finger and it is a slight tenderness. There is no color. You cant see it with the naked eye i can just feel it with my tongue. I noticed it maybe 5 days ago. it doesnt seem particularly hard or soft. I'm only 24 and i've smoked cigarettes very casually for maybe 6 months. Ive read that oral cancer is rare for someone my age and even rarer to occur on the hard palate, but im still worried. any ideas what this could be? has anyone else experienced this? ive read about mucoceles and food irritation but ive never experienced something like this. any thoughts would be appreciated

Re: Lump on roof of mouth

It could be something simple like a wart - I had one removed in my mouth.

You need to see a dentist to get it looked at really.

It could also be a burn or just irritation.

Do you suffer with Health Anxiety - is this why you are asking?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

ya i have health anxiety. probly wouldnt have noticed the lump if i didnt. but its concerning because i do smoke

Well see a dentist and get them to look at it to reassure you.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

so ive been googling for hours trying to find answers, which i know is a bad idea

ive found descriptions of minor salivary gland tumors that match my description..a hard lump same color as the skin at the junction of the hard and soft palate along the midline of the roof of the mouth.

im posting out of desperation hoping someone has experienced anything similar...

the anxiety is a trip...

Well I did suggest some things

Quote Originally Posted by at101089 View Post
    so ive been googling for hours trying to find answers, which i know is a bad idea

ive found descriptions of minor salivary gland tumors that match my description..a hard lump same color as the skin at the junction of the hard and soft palate along the midline of the roof of the mouth.

im posting out of desperation hoping someone has experienced anything similar...

the anxiety is a trip...
    Hi, I had a problem with a salivary duct about 15 years ago. Sometimes they can become narrowed or develop a stone. I've got a little test eat something very very sour to get the gland to produce more saliva and see if it gets bigger. If the duct is blocked by a stone or narrowed it will swell. When i ate something sour it would swell so much i had a bump appear at my jawline by my upper back teeth. Also i don't think you have salivary glands in your palate, they are under your tongue and where i had my swelling.

HI Dr Google is useless and will not put your mind at rest. So Stop Goggling. Good suggestions have been made see a dentist they will be able to put your mind at rest ATB

I have something exactly what you are describing and also noticed it about a week ago. I was JUST at the dentist for a cleaning about 6 weeks ago so I'm assuming all is ok. I've never smoked and I don't drink.

I saw an ENT today,

he wasnt sure what it was but suggested it could have to do with me being sick and having slight flu symptoms recently.

he prescribed me an antibiotic

the visit didnt really alleviate any of the anxiety. what im experiencing resembles many descriptions of certain tumors. i think im going to call back tomorrow and demand a biopsy. the doctor said he wouldnt perform one but they must have to if i demand it?

Leslie, how old are you? could you describe your lump?
    Last edited by at101089; 22-02-18 at 09:18.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information