Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lump on roof of mouth

Re: Lump on roof of mouth

Quote Originally Posted by at101089 View Post
    I saw an ENT today,

he wasnt sure what it was but suggested it could have to do with me being sick and having slight flu symptoms recently.

he prescribed me an antibiotic

the visit didnt really alleviate any of the anxiety. what im experiencing resembles many descriptions of certain tumors. i think im going to call back tomorrow and demand a biopsy. the doctor said he wouldnt perform one but they must have to if i demand it?

Leslie, how old are you? could you describe your lump?
    Hmm ok While I am not a dr antibiotics for flu like symptoms? Any way in your mind through darn dr Google you are believing you have tumours right? Well you wont get anywhere demanding this test, that test etc if the dr thought you needed it I am pretty sure he would have made the necessary referral. Think it's time to treat your HA ATB
    Last edited by Bigboyuk; 22-02-18 at 11:12.

It feels like a little bump on the roof of my mouth. If I scrap on it, it like pops but then comes back. Right now its not there but it was gone for a couple days then came back earlier this week so not sure.

ok, mine is quite different from yours

If it has anything to do with a saliva gland, it may very well be a stone. In 2009 I found a hard lump the size of a pea on the left side of my face in front of my ear.. I had a ct scan with contrast done of my neck and the results said that there was a 9mm contrast enhancing tumor of the parotoid gland. I had 2 choices, either keep an eye on it or have my entire Parotiod gland removed because I was told they do not do biposy on that gland because the results are not always accurate. I was scared, really scared but I didnt want to remove my gland for something that could very well be benign. I was supposed to have a follow up scan 6 months later but my health anxiety would not allow me to do it you know with radation exposure and all (I have had far to many cat scans) and so because it didnt seem to get any bigger, I did not get it done. That lump stayed there for a good long time until one day I was eating and the entire left side of my face swelled up so big it was crazy. I made an appointment with the ENT and had another ct scan. Results were unremarkable! There was no tumor. It had to have been a stone and when it blocked the duct and caused that swelling, it somehow found its way out.

I suppose my point is that not all bumps and lumps are tumors and if your ENT thought it could even possibly be a tumor they would have ordered a scan. The very first word out of my ENT mouth just by touching was parotoid gland tumor... In the end I am glad that both him and the scan were wrong.

interesting, mine however seems to be an overall swelling of the gland on the roof of my mouth, its not stone like. it is flat and rigid. this worries me

Hi there!

I had a lump on the roof of my mouth for a few weeks last year- totally freaked me out- same thing- just hard and tender on palpitation, however the tissue looked normal so I was concerned. My thought was if it was a bump from irritation it would be red yadda yadda. I stressed and stressed and after two weeks it spontaneously disappeared. I think it was the result of minor trauma- You probably just jabbed your toothbrush on the roof of your mouth and there is some minor bruising. You certainly do not have oral cancer from smoking for less than a year.

Stop poking it and it a few weeks in will be gone.

was yours like long and flat and hard like the shape of the gland? or was it a circular lump?

so last week the mass shrunk down to about a quarter the size. its much smaller but still there. its back to about the same size it started as but is a slightly different shape. that wouldnt happen if it were a tumor right? im worried it just stopped swelling because i stopped poking it

Quote Originally Posted by at101089 View Post
    so last week the mass shrunk down to about a quarter the size. its much smaller but still there. its back to about the same size it started as but is a slightly different shape. that wouldnt happen if it were a tumor right? im worried it just stopped swelling because i stopped poking it
    Cancer is an uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells. It doesn't come and go nor does it stop once it starts.

It's going away because you're not poking at it. Why would be worried about that? Isn't that a good thing?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

im just worried because theres still a lump on the gland and am thinking the rest of the swelling around it was just from me jabbing and feeling at it

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information