Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: How to stop checking stools vigorously? OCD

Re: How to stop checking stools vigorously? OCD

It just seems inevitable, i'm not a very lucky person so I feel that it's my fate.
    Can you tell me next week's lottery numbers while you're predicting the future?

There's no such thing as luck. The universe doesn't care about you, or anyone else. There are no supernatural forces deciding some people will have good things happen to them, and some people won't. Bad things that have happened to you in the past happened due to chance, not because the universe has decided you're doomed to be a victim.

You have as much or as little chance as anyone of getting cancer. Whatever the latest figure is for lifetime instances, the majority of cancers are in the elderly, and... well... we all have to go of something. The chance of a young or middle-aged person getting cancer is significantly lower.

While you're living your life deciding you're going to have cancer and worrying unduly about it, you're wasting your life if you're in the 50% or 60% or whatever it is of people who won't.

Quote Originally Posted by axolotl View Post
    Can you tell me next week's lottery numbers while you're predicting the future?

There's no such thing as luck. The universe doesn't care about you, or anyone else. There are no supernatural forces deciding some people will have good things happen to them, and some people won't. Bad things that have happened to you in the past happened due to chance, not because the universe has decided you're doomed to be a victim.

You have as much or as little chance as anyone of getting cancer. Whatever the latest figure is for lifetime instances, the majority of cancers are in the elderly, and... well... we all have to go of something. The chance of a young or middle-aged person getting cancer is significantly lower.

While you're living your life deciding you're going to have cancer and worrying unduly about it, you're wasting your life if you're in the 50% or 60% or whatever it is of people who won't.
    I think your post is a little harsh!

Of course I know that all my thoughts are irrational i'm not stupid!.i'm trying to get better with cbt.

I didn't mean to be unduly harsh, just intended a bit of a logic kick. We're all here because our anxiety drifts us to illogical places.

Dwelling on being an unlucky person and allowing yourself to label yourself in that way is what I was getting at. I wasn't trying to say you were stupid, genuine apologies if it came over that way. Reading it back I could have worded things better.

Good luck with the CBT.

Hmm TBH rainbow 17 months has gone by and very little improvement and you did start a very similar thread way back in 2016 so go figure either sit on your symptoms or get help I see you are having CBT I hope it's helping some what

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyuk View Post
    Hmm TBH rainbow 17 months has gone by and very little improvement and you did start a very similar thread way back in 2016 so go figure either sit on your symptoms or get help I see you are having CBT I hope it's helping some what
    I am getting help, i'm seeing a therapist! I didn't start this thread, I just commented on it.

Quote Originally Posted by rainbow View Post
    I am getting help, i'm seeing a therapist! I didn't start this thread, I just commented on it.
    Ok my mistake apologise for this Glad you are getting therapy is it helping you?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyuk View Post
    Ok my mistake apologise for this Glad you are getting therapy is it helping you?
    Its not really helping as I only see my therapist once a month which isn't enough.

Quote Originally Posted by rainbow View Post
    Its not really helping as I only see my therapist once a month which isn't enough.
    That's terrible rainbow quite agree once a month will not achieve anything Could you try a charity like mind as they do counselling. I cant even get counselling for my problem (OCD based) these MH services are a rabbit warren and sometimes you end up in the wrong hole I wish you well ATB

It’s been two months and a day hasn’t gone by where i haven’t checked my stool. My new obsession is the shapes and size of stool. I actually don’t even know what’s “normal for me” as I never used to observe my stool. I have been taking ocd medication but it takes 4-5 weeks to kick in. I’m at work and I check my stool. I’m really worried about the lengths I’ve reached with this obsession. Passing stool now has turned into a anxiety attack as I think I wonder what stool I will get today? Will there be blood perhaps? It’s all one big compulsion to me but I pray for better days for all of us ❤️❤️

Having and examining a poo causes a panic attack. Having a poo and not examining it will cause a panic attack. With the latter option comes a small victory wouldn't you say?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information