Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: How to stop checking stools vigorously? OCD

Re: How to stop checking stools vigorously? OCD

Quote Originally Posted by Phuzella View Post
    Having and examining a poo causes a panic attack. Having a poo and not examining it will cause a panic attack. With the latter option comes a small victory wouldn't you say?
    Absolutely 100% ATB

Quote Originally Posted by Phuzella View Post
    Having and examining a poo causes a panic attack. Having a poo and not examining it will cause a panic attack. With the latter option comes a small victory wouldn't you say?
    Thanks for that. Going to go with the latter.

Yay I insist you do that. Have a poo, flush, go and make yourself a cuppa and pat yourself on the back

Oh boy is this my life right now. All of these behaviors for me are linked to childhood trauma and abuse. Worrying and using health anxiety was a way for me to self protect. I only just recently learned this in therapy. I’ve been in therapy for about a year and a half. It has saved my life. I don’t want to give the illusion it has cured me as it has not cured me, but it has given me new coping strategies to implement during my episodes. Currently I’m going through an episode of poo worries. I concentrate 100% on my bowels, what they look like, what color are they, why is my stool not, Formed Why is it mushy? Literally having to poo is starting to give me severe anxiety which makes my stomach issues worse. I finally broke downs and saw my gastro and she took a bunch of stool samples and now I get to wait panicking until I get those results. You can flush and walk away if you’re not having any issues. As hard as it is, you can do it. Start with once in the morning. And then gradually cut that out. I wish you the best

Quote Originally Posted by Scaredtoo View Post
    Oh boy is this my life right now. All of these behaviors for me are linked to childhood trauma and abuse. Worrying and using health anxiety was a way for me to self protect. I only just recently learned this in therapy. I’ve been in therapy for about a year and a half. It has saved my life. I don’t want to give the illusion it has cured me as it has not cured me, but it has given me new coping strategies to implement during my episodes. Currently I’m going through an episode of poo worries. I concentrate 100% on my bowels, what they look like, what color are they, why is my stool not, Formed Why is it mushy? Literally having to poo is starting to give me severe anxiety which makes my stomach issues worse. I finally broke downs and saw my gastro and she took a bunch of stool samples and now I get to wait panicking until I get those results. You can flush and walk away if you’re not having any issues. As hard as it is, you can do it. Start with once in the morning. And then gradually cut that out. I wish you the best

Hey there, I haven’t tried therapy yet but I know how you feel , i examine mine all the time. We will get through this though don’t worry,❤️❤️ Anxiety does make you go toliet more and dirrehea happens. Take care.x

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information