Question for the mums on here. Could this be a phase due to all the hormonal changes on top of someone with existing mental health issues and the overwhelming of sudden responsibility?

I realise PPD is a real possibility but just wondering if this may pass as this is all very new right now?

Katie, this is about what you are both going through and I'm sure your bloke has plenty of worries & concerns too about himself which is only natural. So, talking to each other is vital as you need support. You've got many years to be everything to everyone all the time, it's not a failure to need some support right now and you've just had a major op that can surely mess your body about for months? (one for the mums again).

As far as the thoughts go, if you find yourself having intrusive thoughts that involve harm then please don't suffer in silence because these are also commonly known of in OCD sufferers as well as depression sufferers as well as PPD. You don't have to talk about anything you don't want to on here but there are professional resources that explain all about this and how they know all about it so can help you with them. I may be way off with this but just want to reassure you, we see it on the OCD board at times and you won't be judged.

Please get some support. I bet the first thing any doctor is going to say is "this is quite common..." as we've moved on from the old days when it was disputed as real.