Page 289 of 685 FirstFirst ... 189239279287288289290291299339389 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,890 of 6850

Thread: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Re: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    I'm feeling a little anxious today.
    As I said in my previous post, our boiler broke down about a week ago. Right in the crux of minus temperatures, so not brilliant timing.
    I dealt with it pretty well. Collected a load of portable heaters, put the emersion on for hot water etc.
    But today an engineer is coming to assess the damage and its obviously making me feel anxious.
    We were supposed to have been informed yesterday whether it was morning or afternoon, but hey, guess what? They didn't. So I set my alarm very early and sods law, they've informed me they are coming this afternoon. And up to 6pm!! The situation has thrown my meal times out for the whole day. I had my breakfast early and we will have an early lunch and probably late dinner.
    Now I don't know why but I obsess about the mealtimes. I'm ok with half an hour each way, but when it goes into an hour or over it makes me feel panicky.
    It's not like I'm going to die if I don't eat at 1pm or 7pm as Mr C tells me so often, but my brain goes into all sorts of weird thoughts.
    The same with sleep. I worry about not getting the standard quota of sleep and think something terrible will happen to me if I don't.
    I had to be up early today incase the engineer came first thing and now my meals are all over the place as well.
    Let alone someone coming in the house when we have been so strict about people entering our home.
    It's definitely not good for my anxiety.
    But it's got to be done and I've taken all the necessary precautions.
    So it's not my best day today and I'm trying to keep distracted.
    I can completely understand how you feel about mealtimes Carnation. I think that we construct routines because the very fact they are rigid makes them predictable. And predictability is safer than chaos. Ditto your sleep. I have a thing going with my online workout, that if for some valid reason I don't do it on a given day, it will spell disaster. Look after yourself and hopefully tomorrow will be better for you.

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    I can completely understand how you feel about mealtimes Carnation. I think that we construct routines because the very fact they are rigid makes them predictable. And predictability is safer than chaos. Ditto your sleep. I have a thing going with my online workout, that if for some valid reason I don't do it on a given day, it will spell disaster. Look after yourself and hopefully tomorrow will be better for you.
    oops that was yesterday. I hope today was better and tomorrow better still

Thanks fishman.
    I've had a much less stressful day today.
    Oh we do clutch on to our routines to lessen the anxiety.

I had the worst headache yesterday and if I am honest I probably felt it coming for days.
    I'm a very bad patient in most cases but head pain really sets off alarm bells for me and anxiety just loves it.
    Today I feel like I've got a brand new head so I'm catching up with chores. Lol, Mr C tried to cook dinner last night and all I could hear was oohs and ahhhs and bit of screaming and it was only putting stuff in the oven.

I've had so many near panic attacks in the last few weeks and fatigue like working all hours godsend when I've not doing much at all. I'm putting it down to the weather and lockdown because today the sun is shining and the temperature is above 5c and when I looked out of the window this morning I saw my first daffodils in bud surrounded by the hardy crocuses and made me smile knowing spring is coming.

I've learnt that the simplest things in life give me the most joy or comfort. It might sound cheesy, but seeing the bluetits in the garden and pecking away at the nuts I provided while I sip a warm comforting cup of tea in my cosy PJs with my cat beside me looking out at the garden, fills me with such calm.
    The world maybe turned upside down and we have no control over what's happening, but in my little world, for that moment, is bliss.

I feel better just knowing that Spring is coming and we won't have to face the winter months again for a while.

Yes Pulisa, we need winter out on its ear now and the sun shining though our windows.

I saw our first bees in the garden today, buzzing around the crocuses. Its wonderful when we see the 'facilities' being used by nature. The same with the blue tits Carnation, when I'm putting the feeders back out after a refill, I hear them in the lilac bush sounding the alarm about my presence. I don't hold it against them though, despite their ingratitude...

I'm feeling low today and had a rotten night's sleep. In the sense that it took me ages to get to sleep. Family issues.
    Can someone tell me why relations can be so uncaring and spiteful when we've basically all come from the same family tree? Honestly, I get more respect from my virtual friends who tend to remember my birthday more so than my family members. People I have never seen or hardly meet will remember the date of my mum's passing or birthday, but her sister or nephew will skate past a such date year after year without a thought or care.
    Is it me? Am I too sensitive and dwell in these thoughts. Maybe I expect too much. And why do these relations turn up at funerals never to be seen or heard from again.
    And for the ones we stay in contact with that have sparks of jealousy, anger and selfishness.
    What do we do? Do we keep these people in our lives or severe the family tie?
    There's no doubt it can affect our anxiety and our wellbeing, but we suffer for the sake of family duties.
    Would we let a stranger hurt us in this way? Would we choose them as friends? Would we respect them as people? Could we rely on them to step up when needed or just be there when you are feeling low or upset?
    So why do we put up with it?
    Why is it so important to us to have these relations?
    And why do we feel sad and disappointed when a sister, brother, auntie, uncle, niece, nephew, cousins or a grandparent are not the people we should perceive them to be.
    Why is it so difficult to let go and accept relations that don't want a relationship.
    And to a certain extent, why do we look for excuses that we are to blame in some way.
    I know this is a very deep subject, but I'm pretty sure that everyone has a family member or members that affect us in an emotional way.
    Do we accept them for the way they are and forget about them?

Fishman, I have many crocuses too. Such a delicate looking flower, but so hardy.
    Mr C got warned off by a blackbird the other day by swooping close to his head. I would have thought it was too early for offspring, but maybe.

I don't think I have the time to answer your larger post right now Carnation. But what I will say is that this kind of situation is reflected in many families. Often biology counts for little and rivalry/jealousy can come to the fore just as quickly as love. There are events from the past in my own family that have caused rifts that still exist to this day. Sometimes all we can do is keep our heads down and look after our own health. Concentrate on you and Mr C.

Yes I think its a little early for blackbirds to have eggs and most certainly not chicks. Its usually March onwards but a site could have been chosen. I know that robins often build more than one nest, we had a pair build a nest in the box provided but didn't use it. Which was a shame. The blue tits used theirs though and reared a brood of noisy youngsters.

Last night as I was talking to Mrs F, we had Tawny Owls hooting in the mature pine trees opposite us. I love that sound, they are a very nocturnal owl, very rarely seen during daylight. I bet your crocuses look lovely. Do take care and try to let family go over your head. You're a good person with a kind heart Carnation, remember that

Page 289 of 685 FirstFirst ... 189239279287288289290291299339389 ... LastLast

Thread Information