Page 259 of 692 FirstFirst ... 159209249257258259260261269309359 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,590 of 6914

Thread: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Re: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Sue, we have rain here too and it's very rare for me to be using my mobile when I can hear thunder due to my fear of storms, so feeling brave today

Well done you for your new found confidence and yes, sunglasses give me confidence. But I'll tell you what else gives you confidence...
    When they are more important things going on in your life, like the storm damage, that lady you helped, the sick kittens, your presence at the shelter, the state of the country.
    Somehow a snide remark seems so irrelevant, but if the purple helps you and looks good, then go for it!

Dreams....
    They say we release our trauma during our sleep in the form of dreams. Normally relating to someone or an event. It could even be an amalgamation of stuff.
    I tend to remember my dreams because they wake me up.

Continuing on from my last post as I had to disconnect the WiFi for thunder overhead.

Dreams....
    I've learnt to embrace them, even if they may not be so pleasant because I know they are needed to repair any mental damage. x

Mrs STRESS-ED, I always struggle to go out, but try not to avoid doing so. I've spent long periods indoors and I can't say it's been beneficial to me.
    But I won't over push myself because that is non-productive too. It was pushing myself too much that got me in to this mess in the first place. That and too much mental trauma. But they say work never killed anyone and I use up my energy in the garden when I can.

Hope your hubby is healing well and he's not giving you too much trouble. x

I'm having a 'blip' now, Carnation. But it's not the first and it won't be the last. Mine has all the physical elements of my breakdown but without the fear because I've educated myself as to what my body is doing and why and once you understand the stress response etc - it removes the fear. Already stressed due to covid, and the weather playing havoc with my fibro, I felt the anxiety symptoms creeping back up and then I had a major nocturnal panic attack - turns out that my lad had been making me normal tea instead of decaf (about 5 cups a day) for about 2 weeks! So I've ramped up the relaxation and I know it will pass eventually.

Good morning everyone hope you're all well xx

Well l had an eventful evening Last night as some of you know l struggle to go out l do when l have to, l work but I'm on sick at the moment due to my lovely friend anxiety😁

My mum phoned me asked could l take my brother hospital as 111 had advised this, cut along story short they examined him said he had sinusitis he was in alot of pain, thing that worried me when he looked into his throat he said l can see a lump😭

He said have you noticed it my brother said yes he said I told the nurse about it, he also said it's been there about 6 months, l thought so why has the nurse not done anything about it, the doctor said you need to go to your doctors and get it looked at again🤯

So you can imagine my heart was racing thoughts of what it could be my brother didn't seem concerned, l have had a terrible night and anxiety is shocking today has anyone any ideas or thoughts for me l would love to hear thank you ladies xx

best wishes xx

Hi Nora B
    Sorry you are having a blip too, it seems most people are at the moment.
    I like what you say about educating yourself about the fear. It is the fear of the feelings and trying to remain logical and calm.
    I too have converted to decaf tea and my o/h slips up sometimes and I really feel the difference.
    I've also replaced a couple of mugs with camomile and drink more water which has helped with the adrenalin.
    It does help if we can share our thoughts and tips as there is so little advice and help within our health services. x

Mrs S,
    So sorry to hear about your brother and was couldn't quite fathom out why 111 could not organise the trip to the hospital, but then I remembered that they did the exact same thing with my o/h to get checked out, which at the time was ridiculous because he couldn't drive from gout in the foot and I was no longer driving, especially a 10 mile journey. So they he didn't get looked at all.
    Anyway, you dealt with it and now you have the worry of your brother.
    Sinusitis can be very painful, I've been going through a bout of it myself.
    As for the lump, you didn't say whereabouts it was or the size or texture. It could be an abscess, but he'd probably be in pain and find eating difficult. It could be thyroid related and I know Sue and Pulisa might be able to advise you on that one.
    But don't jump to conclusions Mrs S and for now, give yourself some tlc as you've just had a few harrowing days. xx

Thank you Carnation l didn't see the lump the doctor saw it he said it was near his uvula, it was just the way he said it and looked l know it might be me overthinking god l hope l am , yeah not sure why 111 didn't arrange it but mum had phoned them so not sure, but we went straight in and l couldn't believe they let me in with him, because when l got rushed in the other week l had to go alone mind you this was a different hospital just thought the rules would be the same xx

Thank you again have a good day xx

On my way to work but wanted to pop in to say it doesn't sound like thyroid as thyroid produces a lump that is palpable (and sometimes even visible) from the outside..... a doc would feel it on the outside rather than discover it inside the throat.

Best of luck to all of us - we are going through the challenge of a lifetime, as is the entire planet. :(
    Sue

Mrs S, you would think so, wouldn't you, but as the rules of the virus change more than the weather, who knows.

Can I ask if any of you suffer with wind when you are anxious or fearful?
    It's becoming a bit of an embarrassing thing for me. No warning and very loud!
    I could probably generate the cooker at the moment, lol x
    Last edited by Carnation; 17-08-20 at 18:55.

Quote Originally Posted by DustingMyselfOff View Post
    On my way to work but wanted to pop in to say it doesn't sound like thyroid as thyroid produces a lump that is palpable (and sometimes even visible) from the outside..... a doc would feel it on the outside rather than discover it inside the throat.

Best of luck to all of us - we are going through the challenge of a lifetime, as is the entire planet. :(
    Sue
    Thanks for taking the time to reply to me your all lovely kind people, and yes l agree they probably would find it on the outside I'm praying he be fine xx

Thanks again xx

Quote Originally Posted by DustingMyselfOff View Post

Sue
    Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    Mrs S, you would think so, wouldn't you, but as the rules of the virus change more than the we, who knows.

Can I ask if any of you suffer with wind when you are anxious or fearful?
    It's becoming a bit of an embarrassing thing for me. No warning and very loud!
    I could probably generate the cooker at the moment, lol x
    Oh boy yes anxious tummy 🤭 l hate it when there's no warning too 😊l suppose its better out than in for us anyway 🤣

best wishes xx

Page 259 of 692 FirstFirst ... 159209249257258259260261269309359 ... LastLast

Thread Information