Page 254 of 685 FirstFirst ... 154204244252253254255256264304354 ... LastLast
Results 2,531 to 2,540 of 6847

Thread: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Re: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Hope your hands are continuing to heal, but so sorry about the constant, "on guard" anxiety that's been with you lately. If it's any consolation, my good friend, who is a social worker, is experiencing the same thing right now. For no reason she can pinpoint, she's at a heightened state of dread, fear and anxiety this past week. So even the "experts" who are trained in this field are baffled by what triggers it and how to make it stop.

Your reminder that my tics seemed to start acting up around the time I started working at the shelter got me thinking and you and I may have stumbled upon it: about the time I started working again, I stopped taking daily walks with my dogs. When I retired I made it a point to take long, daily walks with them (for their sake and mine) but after putting in over 10,000 steps while at work, I stopped walking the dogs. The steps I do while working are NOT the same as taking a relaxing, leisurely walk with the dogs, so when this heat and humidity does down, I'm going to have to force myself to start doing that again. I'll bet it will make a difference. I would love to walk them at night after dark when the temperature cools down a little but I just don't feel safe walking after dark these days. :(

I've got a new distraction developing today: my teenage nephew is going away for a week and asked me if I would come get his iguana and care for it while he's gone. So I will be obsessed with researching and caring for a new pet for a while.
    Sue

Thanks for replying Sue x

Since my last post I've just experienced the most horrendous panic attack when I popped out to get fish and chips.
    The only thing I can link it to was the fifty plus people in the queue hardly social distancing. It's the worst panic attack I've had for a long time and not one I want again. :(

I too have stopped my walks since lockdown was lifted, so you might have something there Sue.
    Maybe I could do with looking after an Iguana as well xx
    Last edited by Carnation; 11-07-20 at 21:05.

Darn it! So sorry about the horrific panic attack, and I know from experience that the "after shock" of a panic attack lingers for a while, so prepare yourself for that and "accept" it. Don't fight it. The other thing I've found is that they seem to get worse before they get better.... almost like we have to hit rock bottom before we climb out of the anxiety and start to improve. So maybe your good days are coming soon?
    Sue

Thanks for replying Sue x
    I think that was my peak yesterday as I feel it was building up for some time. For the first time in ages I woke up feeling good and my body feels relaxed. Music to my ears, you would probably say.
    I've been feeling high anxiety for weeks now and very emotional and a tad wound up over the slightest annoyances. Adrenalin was definitely present and was in the back of my mind that my anxiety was most definitely present.
    In the end I had to listen to a calming App. The five senses thing was just not working for me as I just couldn't concentrate for longer than a few seconds.
    It's the most uncomfortable feeling of writhing in something that feels out of your control, but it is controllable with a feeling of dread.
    And to carry on as normal afterwards is the best thing to do. x

It's been a week since my horrific panic attack and I wanted to work on some things during that time. So for the past week I've been doing some gentle stretching exercises, because I have read that the spine is very much connected to the brain and doing these can help relax the body.
    Just simple stuff like stretching out your arms, legs and even both together. You can do these standing or lying down while breathing in and out accordingly. Plenty of stuff on YouTube.
    I'm also making a point of breathing several times a day, the 3/5 or 5/7 count.
    I'm pretty sure I've actually been holding my breath when nervous and panicky which could be the reason for my funny head turns and lightheadedness. 3
    I've also been listening to affirmations for anxiety, first thing in the morning and last thing at night.
    A little walk in the evening is back on my agenda and most importantly, I'm carrying on and keeping busy. I've been out every day this week and so far, I'm doing well.
    But tonight I'm going back to the place that I had my bad panic attack, so although a little apprehensive, I'm going for it and will report back.
    Hope everyone is keeping well. xx

Way to go, Mrs. C.... you turned a negative into a positive and pushed yourself to fight back! And going back to the same place tonight is huge - just watch out for that anticipatory anxiety - it's worse than the actual panic attack sometimes. Get mad at it - be angry! Tell it you will NOT let it interfere with your plan to get there!
    Sue

Well I did it. No panic attack, felt quite at ease tbh.
    Yes, Sue, I was more anxious about going and dreading another uncomfortable situation.
    Pleased to say that I passed with flying colours.

Just to let everyone know I haven't been able to use the Site recently because of problems with access and warning messages telling me that my connection is not private and all sorts. Strange things happening to my Internet connection and that privacy notice forever popping up when I access this Site.
    Just so you know if you don't see any activity from me, that is why. x

Also strange pop up ads and private messages from someone I have never heard of.

Hope you’re doing ok C. Sorry you’re having problems with access.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm plodding on Scass. Thanks for asking x
    Still having connection problems when using the Site which is preventing me from making any long posts. Some might say that's a blessing, lol.
    Hope you are doing ok too. x

Page 254 of 685 FirstFirst ... 154204244252253254255256264304354 ... LastLast

Thread Information