Page 277 of 685 FirstFirst ... 177227267275276277278279287327377 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,770 of 6848

Thread: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Re: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Sue, what ever decision you make, it will be the right one. x

How is every doing?
    Excited about the lock down being lifted but going in to ahigher tier? I ask you, how we supposed to deal with our demons with this situation we are all in?
    I was recently watching the wonderful Ruby Wax on the Internet and quite rightly states the next pandemic will be mental health issues.
    Already many of my residents in my town are not going out anymore, only shop from the corner shop or some remote place where they feel safe to do so.
    Amazon has never had it so good while our retail sector is folding like a pack of cards.
    Christmas is gloomy and we are not even there yet.
    And for people that already suffer with anxiety and depression and OCD issues, it's a fighting battle to not lose all the progress we've made to conquer our fears.
    No wonder we feel anxious. No wonder we are oversensitised. No wonder we worry about agoraphobia returning.
    And there's a clear difference. Now the world is experiencing mental health issues. Some people are angry, some people are scared. Some people are depressed. And some people are all of those.
    For members and readers on here, we already know what that feels like. My God, we've been prepared for something like this for a very long time.
    You know that feeling, something bad might happen.
    But look. We are here, still standing. Nearly a year of this incredible disruption to our lives.
    We are living it and surviving it.
    Doesn't this tell you how strong you actually are?
    Ok, the symptoms and feelings of anxiety can be debilitating, but they haven't killed us.
    So maybe we should tell ourselves how bloody brilliant we've been doing
    Many members who have deep set OCD issues and they've been going to work all through the pandemic. That's amazing! People with agoraphobia who have gone out is an incredible achievement. People with depression that have put that to one side to help their community. And people with anxiety that carry on.
    We get through. We manage. We cope. We learn new ways. We adapt a new way of life. And more importantly, we survive!
    So don't be so hard on yourself, you are amazing!!!

Hi Carnation l think you are amazing too you always manage to stay positive even though your going through it and always help others on here with your wise words,

I have been up and down they are still trying sort my blood pressure out

🤣🤣l don't know how l managed to post that šthread above l hadn't even finished writing it l am getting worse,

They put me on amolodopine 10mg but my legs where going hot and swelling so reduced back down to to 5mg blood only gone down slightly from 210/123 to 186/96 its just making me anxious l need them to try something different sorry for moaning, how are you coping carnation, l have been trying to plan things for Christmas, just to have some normality back what ever normal is now hope you're all doing well out there let's hope this time next year this is all a distant dream xx take care xx

Lovely Mrs S,

You did right to reduce your meds. Hot swelling legs is no good. You may find the bp tablets just don't agree with you, so they could change to something else.
    186/96 is probably not where you want to be, but it's not a catastrophe, especially if the reading was done at the surgery. I've heard of young people having that reading due to anxiety. If someone were to do vigorous exercise, that's where it would be, so don't fret. I was 186 one Christmas cooking the dinner and that was 5 years ago.
    I think it would be good for you to make some plans for Christmas Mrs S. I've been hard at with the Christmas decks, hardly a space uncovered, lol.
    I've been up and down too. I'll take any up bits with open arms. The down bits, well, in time they'll disperse. But I try not to let it prevent from doing anything I want to do.
    Mrs S, I know you worry about your bp readings and my mum was always high, and she lived for many, many years.
    Try to keep occupied with things, like Christmas! ���� x

Thank you Carnation as always you put my mind at rest you truly are loving l really appreciate you 💖 xx

Has it really been a week since I posted.
    And in that time the lockdown has been lifted but we've been put in the tier system.
    The shops have reopened, but most people have shopped online and spent the lockdown decorating their homes for something to do. I've never seen the streets so festive and so early.
    Yesterday I took myself off to the shops in town. Something I've not really done since March.
    With agoraphobia and the pandemic and wearing those horrid masks is a feat in itself.
    But I did it. Six shops in total to be exact.
    I bought a few gifts from each and felt quite proud to have accomplished my trip out.
    I still have the symptoms and feelings of anxiety, but sometimes you just have to go for it. Surprisingly it wasn't too bad apart from a dead feeling in my left foot, but I often get tingling feet with anxiety amongst other things.
    I'm trying to get comfortable with feeling uncomfortable.
    I think you need to feel a shift in your way of thinking too.
    Question the thoughts, dismiss the thought, understand why you have these thoughts.
    Health Anxiety has the habit of haunting our minds.
    So we have to learn how to process those thoughts, worries and fears.
    Because if go through life worrying about our pain, our symptoms, how our organs are performing and so on, then we don't allow ourselves to do anything and end up wallowing in our fears.
    Louise Hay describes a lot of our symptoms and why we have them and you can watch or listen to them on YouTube.
    Her best selling book "You can heal your Life" is well worth a read. Basically there are reasons for the way we feel and are deep rooted. We are more than likely very healthy.
    How many times have you felt awful or been riddled with anxiety symptoms but there was nothing wrong with you.
    How many people go to A&E to be told you were ok.
    How many people had tests that turned out to be a good result.
    This tells you that it is our mind we have to work on and that's exactly what I hope to achieve. And you should too.

Affirmations...

They only work if you believe what you are saying or think they are truthful.
    There's no point in saying "I am healthy" if you have a thought that the pain you feel could be cancer or the sharp pain in your heart area could lead to a heart attack.
    Also saying you are a strong and healthy doesn't mean you have to fight your way through a day of anxiety or depression. It's a state of being, not taking on 12 rounds with your demons.
    The thoughts keep us in a circle of worry and fear.
    Let them float by like a cloud in the sky.
    Your thoughts are not you, it's just mindless chatter that serves no purpose.
    Next time you have a haunting thought. Put your hand up and say or think stop! Then carry on with what you are doing.
    Likewise with affirmations. Only think or say them if you believe they are true. Don't add a 'but' or think "yeah, but I have a pain". Believe the words you say, think or read that eliminates negative thinking.

Hello Ladies (and probably gents, not sure who all is following along!!) - I hope you’re all doing well. Haven’t posted in awhile so thought I’d check in!

Mrs. C - it’s good to hear you’ve had some good (or at the very least, much better) days! I enjoy reading your thread, because even when you have rough days you still try to look for the positives. I think that’s an important part of all our mental health.

Things on this side of the pond are ok, not great - but with a vaccine on the near horizon hopefully we’re in the home stretch. Just need to hang on till then!!

my anxiety has, for the most part, been well under control throughout this whole thing. I’ve had the odd blips but I think we’d be hard pressed to find someone that hasn’t. Today I had another episode of BPPV - I haven’t had one of those hit me in a few years. They’re very scary even though I know what it is. I was sitting at my desk at work and it just hit out of nowhere. So I had to sit here for about 30 minutes with my head in my hands waiting for it to pass. I think it makes it worse when it hits at work - being worried about holding it all in so no one sees your distress so you start to have a panic attack as well. But, after about 30 minutes it passed and I was back to normal. Or mostly normal anyway lol. I do hate that you just feel exhausted after dealing with that. I think my plan after work is to go home and run a hot bath and just have some relaxing time tonight. Let myself recover lol.

I hope you all have a good rest of your day!

glassgirlw, lovely to hear from you, not so lovely to hear about your BPPV episode. Sounds like you know how to deal with them though. But it is still is not a nice situation.
    And its so hard not to add fuel to the situation with panic and fear. Sending you a hug.

Yes, we would certainly be hard pressed to find anyone who has not been affected by the 2020 pandemic.
    Take my phone buddy who I sometimes phone or text when I'm panicky. Well, I'm now supporting her with depression and anxiety. Would you believe it?
    I've got to say the spiritual side of healing has been a great help to me. Between meditations, reading, listening to videos and changing the way I look at everything has been giving me great confidence.
    I still have a long way to go, but I think I'm on the right track. Although at the same time I don't want to speak too soon, so I'll say I'm just grateful for small mercies.

I had another day yesterday out at the shops. I say a day, it was a couple of hours. Hey, that's a major accomplishment for someone who struggles with agoraphobia, let alone a pandemic. So not sounding too full of myself, I did well.
    I cherish those accomplishments and so should anyone else with even what might seem pretty average stuff to a person who is free of such conditions.
    Just having a bath and washing your hair. Cleaning the house. Going outside. Speaking to someone outside your comfort circle. It means so much to people like us to do these things that are taken for granted by most.
    So be proud!

Page 277 of 685 FirstFirst ... 177227267275276277278279287327377 ... LastLast

Thread Information