Page 92 of 691 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102142192592 ... LastLast

Thread: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Re: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Quote Originally Posted by Darksky View Post
    Your best yet Busteryou made me spit out my cider
    Don't have a bottle of cider out of Buster's fridge...or the apple juice

Carnation and Darksky,

(smilies are breaking the law, only one unobtrusive cushion there )

I move cushions unless they are pretty flat otherwise they relegate me to perching on the edge of the settee whilst they lounge around spreading their fatness like they own the place

I think I've seen similar sketches about women and cuddly toy mountains on beds that get to live there most of the day until she needs to use the bed. Bolster cushions too.

We blokes at least have Michael McEntire to thank for explaining to women about the "man drawer". A place for men to keep all their odd stuff like keys to locks they have no idea still exist or may have been from previous houses.

We have a man drawer in the kitchen. It's so full of crap you can't find a thing in it. It's full of odd screws, nails, keys, loose batteries that we have no idea if they work or not. Bags of nappy sacks (aka poo bags) cable ties, glue, matches etc etc etc. We call it the muddly drawer.

Ghost…Spillways

I've had a pain in the leg, yes, I have the right part of my anatomy. It's aching most of the day and my health anxiety wants to tell me it's something bad. It doesn't hurt if I walk or even sit in the car, but somehow it affects me when I am indoors. Now is that psychological or what?
    Had a bad night's sleep again. :( between the cat wanting dreamies at 5am and Mr C's restless leg syndrome and my aching leg, I had no chance.
    Went out anyway, didn't feel like it, but no worse for it.
    Found it hard to notice the abundant sunshine that was mentioned on the weather forecast, but managed a bit here and there.
    Mr C seems very depressed of late and very tired, so I am worrying about him amongst other things.
    The property we are in is going on the market soon, so very aware of the reality of a major upheaval approaching. Will my brain be able to cope? Who knows, but I'll keep positive and believe that things happen for a reason and we could even be better off.
    Still sorting the books, but got bored and turned to the wardrobe and finding things I forgot I had.

Tiredness and depression go hand in hand and he's still deep in the grieving process. He'll get there at his own pace. How does he feel about the move. I imagine after what he's been through he would like a bit of peace and quiet. Both of you could do with a breather but life never gives us one when we want it most.

Hows your leg now, would an ibuprofen help. I reckon all sorts will plague us as we get nearer and nearer the big moves. Changes aren't always bad, we just think they will be. Moving house cannot be all bad, there has to be at least a few positives. We just need to find them, write them down, pin them to the fridge and read them aloud regularly.

i would love to know what's in Dreamies that drives cats wild. They are addictive I swear. I actually call them Cat Crack. Ginge used to love them. My remaining cat can't have them, he has an extremely delicate stomach and they give him a runny tummy.
    You know what they say about clothes....if you haven't worn it in 12 months, you never will.

Ghost…Spillways

Yes, he is Darksky and the reality is really sinking in now. Falling out with his brother hasn't helped either, neither has being a personal carer to his mum. I know how that feels because I was there with him through it all and with my mum too.
    Mothers Day is being shoved down our throats at the moment, which I always find difficult and the birthday of Mr C's mum is looming. :(
    He actually wants to move, he wants a fresh start, I just wish he'd help a bit more.
    If only I could snap my fingers like like the woman on Bewitched.
    My leg was playing up last night, so I was wandering around the house most of the evening, but it's better this morning. come to think of it, a few days ago I was on Mr C's fitness bike and probably overdid it to prove I was fit and obviously, I'm not! (who said "you have to warm up first?"
    I left the clothes sorting in the end, too big a job. I'll save it for a rainy day. So started to sort the dvds and all I got was, "I want to keep that one". "For how long? 20 years?"
    I've been reading snippets of useful tips and apparently the lavender that we smell for calming is only effective in small doses. It has the opposite affect if you use too often. "Now they tell me". so it's just a quick sniff and not wearing it around your neck, which I wouldn't do anyway. I already feel like an old lady, I don't want to smell like one as well.

Yesterday was a hard one for me.....
    Mr C is still quite down, so I agreed to going somewhere for the day and the fact he perked up saying that, I thought any of my anxiety suffering will be worth it.
    So off we go, reasonable weather day and arrive and park up. Almost immediately anxiety had arisen within me and there I find myself not being able to focus, see, walk well, but kept it to myself. And of course Mr C had quite a pace on him, so that started off the breathlessness and dizziness. I managed to get to the first shop, a charity shop (Mr C's favourite past time). He went off looking for great finds, I was clinging to the rails waiting for the symptoms to go. They didn't, so I carried on as normal as I could pretending to be interested in the contents of the shop. Truth be known I couldn't wait to get out of there, but took my time and left calmly.
    When outside I decided to tell Mr C that my anxiety was high, a just in case anything should happen and if he ended up having to pick me up from the floor.
    We went to two more charity shops and a couple of other places and was still iffy, but kept going. I know for a fact that it does take a while for anxiety to disperse.
    By then I needed the loo and we were thirsty for a cuppa and the only place was a very large supermarket that could do both those. Now this is one of my dread places.
    But not to be beat and by this time almost walking cross legged, proceeded to the loo inside. And after went towards the cafe to get some tea and cake.
    By this time the anxiety had completely disappeared to my surprise. It didn't make sense. The little shops gave me more grief than the one I dread the most. So maybe there is something about tackling the stuff you fear the most.
    I came home feeling quite pleased with myself until I bumped in to my neighbour who commented "you like tired". Oh man, give me a break, you have no idea how difficult a day it was me today", I thought to myself. Why can't people just smile and say hello and don't ask me about anxiety if you are not going to listen and understand.
    Last edited by Carnation; 20-03-19 at 11:17.

Carnation, it sounds as though you did absolutely brilliantly yesterday - ignore anybody who tells you otherwise.

Thank you BlueIris

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

I give as much importance (if not more) to actually facing our fears head-on as I do the ostensible "outcome".

You always excel at the former and usually make a good job of the latter too, Insp C

Never Surrender, Comrade

Page 92 of 691 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102142192592 ... LastLast

Thread Information