Page 375 of 691 FirstFirst ... 275325365373374375376377385425475 ... LastLast
Results 3,741 to 3,750 of 6901

Thread: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Re: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Sometimes a bit of lowering the tone is facing reality Pulisa. I'm nursing a toothache at the moment and that is very real. All caused by a piece of bread from a supposedly healthy seeded loaf. May have to change my brand to nimble.

Seeded bread should come with a dental health warning! Hope the tooth calms down soon x

Thanks Pulisa x
    At least it diverts my attention away from anxiety, lol

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I think it's a lot harder to be an older person with anxiety. We were all brought up to have a stiff upper lip approach and now it's ok to "reach out"? Not to my generation it isn't. Or maybe I just feel stupid being the way I am..Isn't it misleading/annoying that all the ads for MH support feature young people looking troubled? Would it be so wrong to include older people and make it at least appear a bit more acceptable?
    I can sense certain elements of 'confirmation bias' there (from the media, not from you).

It's as almost as if anxiety and MH issues are a taboo subject among the older generations coupled with the typical generational 'stereotyping'.

Very similar to mainly younger people being portrayed and stereotyped as criminals, while older law-breaking individuals are often being overlooked in most populist views and opinions.

Some foods only belong on the devils table…I’ll put your seeded bread there along with pork scratchings……the cause of many a dentist trip.

Ghost…Spillways

Apples, nuts and dare I say it, crisps!

Chocolate that’s been kept in the fridge.

Ghost…Spillways

Oh yes Darksky, that's why I don't keep my chocolate in the fridge

I've still got my tooth issue, thanks to a sharp seed that dug into the gum. And I think it is the gum that is actually the injured party. It started to feel better but the throbbing came back when I forgot to eat gently causing me to do very little over the weekend but moan and groan and tell myself off for eating that packet of crisps.
    I'm reluctant to go to the dentist because I don't want them taking any teeth out, so with the aid of warm salt water and listerine, I'm persevering with the hope that it will heal.
    Mr C wanted to go out on the Sunday to a local event. I did say I wasn't feeling my best but in a way thought it might help to take my mind off the pain. I drove and it was such a windy day that even my baseball cap was being pulled away from my head. My heart wasn't in the outing but I went for Mr C. I felt good for making the effort even though my legs were definitely saying to me, "I want to go home". I spent most of the weekend watching TV and I can honestly say I find watching paint dry more interesting. What a load of rubbish and repeats. And I think I know the adverts off by heart, funeral arrangements, life insurance, cancer, equity release. A good idea is to pause what you want to watch then start it on a delay so you can fast forward the doom and gloom advertising.
    It's much cooler now after a heavy rainfall and taken a lot of the humidity away. Temperatures are more where they should be and I can spend more time in the garden. I spotted a goldfinch a few times so it may well have a nest in one of the trees. What a stunning bird that seems very vocal too.
    Hope everyone else is doing ok.

Doing fine Mrs.C

We went out locally Sunday too. To a river event, only five minutes walk away. I sat in the hot sun for a couple of hours. Big mistake! Got up to go home and immediately felt faint. It was a struggle to stay conscious but I did. I walked home very unsteadily. Of course as you can imagine my anxiety hit the roof after that. But it’s all over with now and I’ve been back to the river with the pooch to remove the dreaded association.

Nurse again this morning with my mother, bandages nearly off before we got home

Dont talk to me about the TV! It’s dire…well to put it bluntly it’s bloody rubbish! Every night we seem to stick Netflix on and start a film or binge watch a series. My son has put tik tok on my pad..God you can waste hours on that!

I love a little goldfinch, they are pretty things. Almost impossible to tell male from female. We had half a dozen that came to our feeder. The cat caught a great tit this morning. It was wet so I reckon it had gone to the brook to drink and didn’t notice the glinting eyes that were hidden in the long grass.

Ghost…Spillways

Page 375 of 691 FirstFirst ... 275325365373374375376377385425475 ... LastLast

Thread Information