Page 165 of 692 FirstFirst ... 65115155163164165166167175215265665 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,650 of 6914

Thread: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Re: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Wow, you went out walking for an hour - that's a huge accomplishment!!!! Was it with or without Mr. C? Considering you feel woozy and off balance when walking, that really must have taken a lot of courage and you should be very proud! I just came back from a 30 minute walk with the dog and I never leave home without my phone and a protein bar for fear I will have a sugar crash and get too weak and shaky to make it home. I always need an emergency plan or an insurance policy that whatever comes up while walking, I have something to fall back on.

Anxiety is a sign of a healthy mind and body. . . does that go along with "ignorance is bliss"?
    Sue

Yes I did Sue, with Mr C and our giant cat.
    And I mowed the lawn before I went out.

Hi carnation, I love reading your posts, I can relate to everything you say and I don’t feel so alone with this anxiety. Well done on going for a walk I know how hard that can be, I try and go for a walk every day but feel very nervous before I even set off, I want to go but I don’t want to go in case something happens and on my way round i sometimes feel very boggy eyed and have a wobbly head. I have tried listening to the radio on my phone but having earplugs in doesn’t do me any favours as I feel so trapped. That was a good idea of DustingMyselfOff of taking something to eat with you, even if it’s only a biscuit. I have to go walking on my own which can get lonely sometimes. They say exercise is good for anxiety but I sometimes doubt that, in the past I have been to the gym regularly and swimming regularly, did I feel any better, nope not at all, I sometimes felt worse afterwards, but we carry on and try anything that might help, always looking for that miracle cure that never comes. I also think your right in that people cause a lot of our anxiety, even family, I think we are very sensitive people and put ourselves in others shoes, we are also YES people and always go out of our way to help others and when that’s not reciprocated we get hurt easily, why can people be so cruel. DustingMyselfOff, I’m sorry your going through a bad time at the moment, I hope you start to feel better soon. If what they say that anxiety is a sign of a healthy mind and body I must be super human...lol. Lots of love to you all and sending everyone a hug. Xx

Hi, You'llNeverWalkAlone
    It's such a comfort to know you are not alone in these haunting feelings, but at the same time sad that someone else suffers.
    Well done for going out, believe me I know how difficult it is and it's not enjoyable most of the time. .
    I said to Mr C, "I compare it to walking through fire!"
    Yes, I also carry a wrapped up biscuit in my bag and my water bottle joins me everywhere I go. Mobile goes without saying.
    I find walking in the winter slightly easier.
    For one thing, we are wrapped up more and my silly brain thinks if I collapse, I have more padding.
    There's also more things to fiddle with when walking like twirling a scarf, zips on jackets and coats and that handy hat you can hide under when someone passes you.
    If I get that puffed out feeling, I think of those professional athletes that are catching their breath at the end of a race and think to myself, "they are superfit and out of breath" and that reassures me that I'm going to be ok.
    Although I only seem to get that if I'm panicky or climbing lots of stairs.
    Of the vast amount of knowledge I have read, the symptoms will generally be a familiar pattern and at your worst, that is your peak. So you'd think we'd be used to it by now, but our brain tends to tell us, "what's going to happen to me now?"

We'll I've gone and done it. Hardly slept with pain in my shoulder and lower breast area, probably from pushing the mower over our uneven lawn and adding hoovering the house afterwards. My worry brain is trying to tell me it's something serious, but Mr C has reminded me I was like a woman possessed with the mower and as I haven't done any physical work for many weeks, I'm beginning to think that.
    The day before that I was like 'Edward Scissorhands' with the shears in the garden. I should follow Monty Don's pattern and cut one hedge as a show piece.
    I just couldn't get comfortable last night and which ever way I laid, it affected that area. So I'm back to nursing myself and worrying about it thinking my lung is giving out or similar, because we all know how health anxiety escalates.

I had to do it didn't I. How many people do I advise not to Google.
    So now I'm obsessing about having a hernia.
    See, that's why I say "don't do it!"
    I can add it to the list of all the other things wrong with me.

Hi, Mr C is right, it’s with mowing the lawn yesterday that’s caused the discomfort in your shoulder and breast area, I get aches and pains every time I do the lawn and like you I’m like a woman possessed swinging the lawnmower about, in fact anything I do I do quick time, house work, washing car, shopping, walking, etc...I hate plodding along, think it must have something to do with the anxiety. Oh my the shears will do it every time, that’s so hard on your arms, I used an electric shearer once but cut through the cord, ��so now I’m band from using one, so have to use a manual one.Try rubbing some voltarol on your shoulder. Know what you mean about getting out of breath, when I go for a walk I used to hate going up an incline in case I got out of breath cause that would bring on the anxiety, silly brain like yours would think there must be something wrong with me, duh!!! I’m going up a hill, of course my breathing will be affected, it’s was worse the more I focused on it. No you haven’t a hernia nor are your lungs collapsing or got anything serious, it’s just a case of hard work over the last couple of days, using muscles you haven’t used for a while, also your muscles were probably tense to start with, with the anxiety, don’t worry, and don’t google, unless your googling to see which chocolate cake to make. I used to google symptoms all the time for reassurance but not once was I ever reassured I just made myself worse. You will be fine carnation, in a couple of days those aches will have gone, till the next time you do the garden like a mad woman,��. I’m hoping I have done the last cut for this year, just some tidying to do, if it ever stops raining...lol. Xx

Yes! Yes and more yeses 'You'llNeverWalkAlone'.
    I agree with everything you say.
    I am like a windup toy when I get going.
    It's like I'm doing a job against the clock.
    I can't just happily prune one hedge, no! I have to do all fifteen and against the clock.
    I won't pause when mowing the lawn. Oh no, I keep going until poor lawn mower is working up a sweat.
    The same with hoovering.
    Everything I do seems a hundred miles an hour. Even reading. Mr C is amazed how fast I can read.
    I need to slow down more to a Stepford wife pace, but without the willingness to comply.
    Last edited by Carnation; 16-10-19 at 12:58.

It's funny, Mr.D says I do everything too quick. Also when I was having physio on my back, the physiotherapist asked if I always move so quick. I suppose I must do, if it's noticeable.

It must be woven into anxiety and I guess we must make a concious effort to slow all our movements down. Almost move in slow motion...to our eyes slow motion but to everyone else it would probably look normal speed.

Ghost…Spillways

So true Darksky x

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    I had to do it didn't I. How many people do I advise not to Google.
    So now I'm obsessing about having a hernia.
    See, that's why I say "don't do it!"
    I can add it to the list of all the other things wrong with me.
    Me for one Carnation!! Seriously though, we've all done it and it's no coincidence you are having this pain after such a hectic session in the garden. I had something similar last year. Anxiety soon latches on to physical pain and turns it into something very serious, especially when Dr Google throws his petrol into the fire.

Page 165 of 692 FirstFirst ... 65115155163164165166167175215265665 ... LastLast

Thread Information