Page 401 of 692 FirstFirst ... 301351391399400401402403411451501 ... LastLast
Results 4,001 to 4,010 of 6914

Thread: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Re: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

I've just been out for the afternoon. To the shops and then finished with getting a bag of chips to eat on the sea front. Although my teeth couldn't quite bite them so I had dibs of the squashy ones.
    Mr C had a funny turn yesterday. He was ok after nap and it turned out he'd taken his pill for his gout on an empty stomach and it clearly says on the packet, take just after a meal. Set my anxiety off. Not that it wasn't there anyway.
    So I'm pleased we both got out today and we feel the benefit from it. One foot forward and shove anxiety into oblivion.

I'm so pleased you got out today Carnation. I understand what you mean by knowing your anxiety was there anyway. We become so inured to it that it becomes our default setting. And then we forget what living without anxiety was ever like. We then ask what 'normal' really means anyway, because it means different things to different people.

We had chips too, from a van.

Thanks fishman x

When life gets tough, eat chips

I haven’t had chip shop chips for years.

Ghost…Spillways

You can't beat good chip shop chips. We haven't got a chip pan and oven chips just don't cut it. In fact the other night I was thinking about cheese patties from the chip shop and really fancied one,if I wasn't still waiting on my cholesterol results I might just have gone and got one or two.

Exactly Carnation

Cholesterol be damned Catkins. Go get yourself some chip shop chips, you know you want to.

Darksky, are there no chippies near you?

Not without getting in the car Fishman

Years ago my son swore off chip shops, Mac Donald’s, KFC and all fizzy drinks.
    I sort of went with him.

Drew the line at crisps and cider though.

Ghost…Spillways

This has been going over in my mind.....

Two days ago I was driving into town. As I got to the junction of the main road the white van in front of me stopped, a woman got out of the van to appear to be delivering a parcel. I assumed it was something like Amazon. She delivered the package across the road. So I waited behind the van as my view was obstructed and I would had to use the oncoming side if I was to overtake, my view still obstructed to my left. While I was waiting a car did turn into that lane anyway so it only confirmed I took the safe option.
    When the woman returned she was waving her arms in the air shouting at me in a foreign language and although I didn't understand her words I did understand she was angry for not overtaking her illegally parked car. I didn't respond but afterwards I wondered if I'd done the right thing.

You definitely did the right thing. It wasn't safe to overtake and she was in the wrong for not parking correctly. Sometimes I think people get angry or frustrated because our good behaviour highlights their bad behaviour and that's why they kick off, to try and make themselves feel better.

I never thought of it like that catkins, well said!
    I forgot to mention when she got back in the van the woman parked the van in the pub car park literally a few yards away.
    I often why this sort of thing mulls over in my mind so much. Its almost like a delayed feeling and thinking.

Page 401 of 692 FirstFirst ... 301351391399400401402403411451501 ... LastLast

Thread Information