Page 314 of 692 FirstFirst ... 214264304312313314315316324364414 ... LastLast
Results 3,131 to 3,140 of 6914

Thread: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Re: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

I find nostril breathing easier catkins and helps with my sinuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    I find nostril breathing easier catkins and helps with my sinuses.
    I do stomach breaths through my nose. I think I read somewhere it was better that way.

As I was walking round the churchyard with the dog I was thinking about stomach breathing and I suddenly thought about what you said Carnation. Of course breathing through your nose is better - I have no mouth in my stomach!

I knew what you meant anyway catkins.

For anyone who hasn't done nostril breathing.....
    You close one side of your nostril with your thumb while you breathe in slowly to the count of 4,hold for 4,switch to closing the other nostril and breathe out slowly for 8,then switch to the other side and repeat.
    You can do this several times and do this anywhere when needed if you are anxious or just part of a daily routine and is excellent for clearing block sinuses.
    Last edited by Carnation; 19-10-21 at 09:10.

This nose / stomach breathing was suggested by the crisis team and therapist to me but since getting my nose broken as a teenager and allergies it’s like sucking and blowing putty in and out , if I did it in the graveyard I’d wake the dead , on a good day when I can breathe through my nose it does work , try laying back with your hand on your stomach to make sure you you are breathing from below the diaphragm watch you hand raise up and down , I tend to breath with my throat muscles when anxious which isn’t good .

There's no rules Buster, you find the best thing that suits you.

For the past week I'm trying to reassure myself I haven't got this lurgy that the media are feeding into our brains. Just a change in climate, shorter days, darker nights and a wind that will bite your bum.
    My energy levels seem much lower and I want to keep pumping up the heat in the home, which really isn't like me because I'm always saying "I'm too hot!"
    My tummy seems sensitive and I could win a belching contest hands down. It seems to be coming from my throat area and I do wonder if it's a habit formed from anxiety.
    I feel generally blur and a bit of shivering thrown in the mix makes me think of retreating to my bed by 9pm.
    Despite that, I've still gone to the shops, did some heavy work in the garden and a short drive in the car.
    The rest of the time I just want to rest my body and try not to think I have this lurgy the media keep pushing. And I do wonder whether you read something and think "yeah, maybe I've got it" which is very common for someone with health anxiety. Whatever the case, I'm going to tell myself I'm fighting fit just to shut up my wandering thoughts.

I have a habit of blaming everything on my mental health instead of actually thinking 'oh, I've got a bit of a cold', I'm working on it. But in all honesty at this time of year most people I know feel pretty crappy. I think the lack of light and colder temperatures effect most people and yes you might have a bit of something cold like. But you are doing really well keeping going!

I'm trying the reassuring myself thing at the moment. It does seem to be helping. I just keep saying to myself if someone else came to you and said what you're were thinking what would you say?. So far I've managed not to tell myself to fuff off.

Catkins, your words are very helpful and although I spend time reassuring others, I lack doing it for myself.
    Isn't it difficult when a symptom pops up and you don't know whether to relate it to anxiety or something else.
    Maybe it's better to acknowledge you feel below par and reassure yourself you'll feel better tomorrow, as we would say to someone else.
    It is difficult not get anxious when you don't feel so well, but do you really want both at the same time. Of course not. Maybe better to accept being under the weather as anyone would do without anxiety.
    We need to be our own therapist at times. Look at it from outside in and give ourselves a good talking to.
    We are not bionic. We carry emotions and triggers and energy and strength has to be built up with healthy food, rest and sleep.
    Seriously, I was up a tree a few days ago pruning a very volatile holly, not even thinking about falling off a rickety ladder. And here I am nervous about peeling a bag of spuds and looking at the clock wishing the hours away until bedtime. Doesn't make any sense, but then anxiety never does. So I'm just going to acknowledge my achievements and bide my time until I feel energised again.

An excellent plan Carnation.

You were up in a tree??? Bloody hell you brave woman! And you are brave, getting up and carrying on when anxiety is snapping at your heels is incredibly brave and definitely an achievement to be proud of

Page 314 of 692 FirstFirst ... 214264304312313314315316324364414 ... LastLast

Thread Information