Page 138 of 689 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140148188238638 ... LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 6889

Thread: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Re: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Thanks Sue for caring

Ah, the fatal eBay/PayPal combo. You have to look at it like this....you are actually saving money by buying stuff in this way. In the shops the exact same stuff is much dearer. You can get a large Yankee for 16 quid which would cost 22 in the shops. What a bargain! You just have to turn a deaf ear to the menfolk who inform you, you could have saved even more money by not buying it at all.

i like the sound of a beach hut, you should go for it. Whatever you do enjoy your staycation and don't do anything more strenuous that pottering round a garden centre or kicking up the sand on the beach.

Ghost…Spillways

Hi Darksky
    I can watch TV and shop at the same time.
    I'm going to have to watch this new hobby though. I couldn't even look at the cushions, I have orders!
    We haven't had a holiday for about 3 years, so the beach hut may be the answer. If we hire it, it will make us use it and relax.
    I hope your sister is doing ok.

I love the look of beach huts but thought there was a massive waiting list to hire or buy one? I know in Hove they are very "prized" possessions but I hope it's not so hard to access one where you live, Carnation? It sounds a great idea as you would have a "base" on the beach but could get home quickly if you needed to with the minimum of fuss/traffic. The weather looks very hot next week so the beach looks like the place to be (provided you get some seclusion of course) x

There is a massive waiting list Pulisa, as I've just found out. :( so no beach hut until September.
    Just as well because Mr C has fallen ill. He has gout again! But I'm booking it for September come rain or shine and I have my cousin and his wife coming up then, so will be a nice surprise for them.
    So I've been spending my time gardening despite the weather forecast. It's extremely windy today and quite cool. Mr C is sleeping which is common for gout.
    At least we have our shop done and I might get some of those books read.
    You really can't plan things in life, can you?

No you can't and rolling with whatever it throws does not sit well with anxiety. I like my life ran like a military operation. Stupid I know. It's when other people are involved that it all starts to unravel.

I'm seeing my sister tomorrow so I'll see whether the NHS has redeemed itself...or not.

shame about that beach hut, still September is not that far off and it's still warm enough to be at the beach. My mother has gout in her finger, she never mentions it much so I'm not sure if it's painful or not.?

Ghost…Spillways

My life is run like a military operation too. I don't do being spontaneous!

At least now that Mr C is laid up you won't be able to go to the shops! Silver linings and all that!

Darksky,I hope your sister is in less pain but I doubt whether the NHS has come up trumps for her..

Yes Pulisa, it's that saying, 'be careful what you wish for'. Although I wanted a break from high street shopping, I didn't want Mr C to become incapacitated in the process.
    Stll, like you say, I've got that break from it.

I spent a good 4 hours gardening yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed it, despite the 90% humidity.
    I secretly enjoyed having that time alone as Mr C does have a habit of saying, "I'll do that for you and be careful".
    I think he sees me as a china doll sometimes. Even closing the curtains he'll say, "don't overstretch, I'll do them". Even carrying something, he'll grab it from me.
    Don't get me wrong, it's nice in a way, but it does make me feel pathetic and I'm much stronger than he realises.
    I sniggered to myself when we were moving and he asked if I could help with carrying a Bookcase in to a room.
    I replied, "you mean the one I carried upstairs on my own?"
    Maybe I shouldn't have said that or even carried it by myself, but honestly, how does he think I get things done.
    Rant over.
    I've got my restful weekend. Mr C can hardly move. Ahh, but I haven't, I'm waiting on him hand and foot.
    What is it about men when they are ill? They can't do anything at all, even stretch to pick up their mug of tea.
    When I had Sciatica I was still cooking the dinner all bent over with excruciating pain and he would say something like, "are you alright love?"
    Oops, there I go again, ranting.
    Actually, it's good to have a rant. Get it all out. It's keeping it all inside that's more damaging. And let's face it, we don't want anymore pain than we already have.

I'm really looking forward to my beach hut holiday.
    There's a cafe around the corner too, I just need to locate the loos. With my bladder, that's a must.
    I don't swim, I can't. Yes, I know what you were thinking, but I'll only wade in as far as my knees.
    Do you know it's strange since living by the sea. We hardly go to the beach, probably because it's always there or we are too busy shopping.
    If I was on holiday, we'd be there everyday.
    I don't like crowds and noisy inconsiderate people and dare I say uncontrollable kids, you know the ones that kick the back of your chair or shout, "mummy, mummy, mummy". And mummy replies, "what is it darling?". And you get plenty of those on the beach. But the hut is on the trail end, what you call the scruffy bit and that suits me to a tee. can't wait.

I think when you suffer with anxiety you very rarely get excited about anything.
    It's a bit going through the motions.
    But if you can find something that breaks the monotony, grab it and enjoy it.
    Right, better get back to my nurse duties.

I know exactly what you mean: remember when I was ranting about needing some time and space away from hubby? I'm perfectly capable of doing lots of things but if I spend too much time with him, I start to feel like an invalid or handicapped person, physically and mentally. He is caring and compassionate to a fault and wants to relieve me of doing things that are uncomfortable and challenging, but that just feeds into my anxiety.

And yes, when I have a cold I don't change my routine much, I just carry plenty of lozenges and tissues. When he gets a cold, he's flat on his back on the recliner or in bed, moaning and groaning. Hubby is scheduled for some arm surgery this Thursday and I'm dreading his recovery. But, we'll see, maybe he'll surprise me.

I've been thinking about the beach a lot lately. It's, like with most of us, the place where we can find some peace and serenity listening to the waves and the birds. But I have no desire to be there with all the people and kids, so we normally just take a ride there in early spring or late fall when the beach is empty. But I've been thinking that now that I'm retired, I should hop in my car and go there by myself, during a weekday, when it might be fairly quiet. Even if it's not, there is the place near the end where it's rocks and trails and not many people so I could just go and sit there for a while. The only drawback is that it's about a 1-hour drive each way, but so what? I have lots of time these days! I told myself that I would put it on my "to do" list for this week, but we'll see if the weather and my other chores cooperate.

Good luck, Florence Nightingale.
    Sue

Just how far are you willing to travel to a beach hut ? You can rent mine and there is no waiting list , just a stones throw from the beach as the estate agent put it , the other alternative is buy a flat pack shed from B&Q and put it up down the beach in the dead of night .
    Babysitting my mother tonight , she’s fast off and I’m struggling to keep my eyes op,,,zzzzzzzzzz

Page 138 of 689 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140148188238638 ... LastLast

Thread Information