Page 251 of 691 FirstFirst ... 151201241249250251252253261301351 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,510 of 6902

Thread: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Re: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

I'm also sorry for my negative, depressing post, but it is how I feel.
    God Pulisa, never say things can't get any worse!
    I'm also wondering if the current situation brought it on?
    Sending you hugs Pulisa and you too Sue and lots of virtual hugs for anyone else reading. xx ❤️

Thank you, Carnation xx I'm sure the current situation at home will have been partly responsible. It's been a tricky year so far!

Why not be negative because it's being truthful and let's face it, we can't all be producing sourdough loaves and learning new languages to paper over the cracks..I say let rip and be damned!

I think I heard on the news that seahorses had been spotted on the Dorset coast..or maybe I imagined it?! Will have to check! xx

I don't know what's quite going on me lately.
    I've had bad hay-fever since March and yesterday I took to my bed because I just felt so rough.
    I've been coughing which hurts my already sore throat. I've had earache, toothache, pains in my face and head, lightheaded for the most of the day and difficulty focusing and reading so bad I need a magnify glass to see the words. And yesterday a migraine came on which put me in bed.
    As well as that I've been bringing up yellow bile which seems to stop the coughing for a while.
    And for the last week my bough movements have been all over the place, (not literally of course).
    One minute I'm constipated, then I'm the other way.
    My tummy feels queasy and I'm so fatigued even getting dressed is a big ask.
    My sleeping has not been great as I seem to be waking up every couple of hours.
    So I'm feeling sorry for myself and annoyed because I want to do stuff, but it's like I'm dragging a body around under protest.
    So I'm chilling for a few days in the comfort of my bedroom with Mr C taking over the duties.
    Bless him trying to mash new potatoes yesterday. I've had to secretly run in the kitchen when he's popped to the loo to adjust a few things, but he's been brilliant for just putting up with my moans and groans.
    So still I'm not very positive, but like Pulisa says, it's not all about making bread and brushing up on a foreign language that you will probably never use anyway.
    If your day is shit, it's shit, you can't change it by turning into a Snow White character hoping a Robin will sit beside and whistle sweet birdsong.
    No, you get through the bad day or days and wish for a good one to come along and hopefully in their bundles.
    Before you think, "Oh no", she's given up with the positives. For one thing, I never give up. And secondly, I count my blessings every day for all that I do have.
    I'm just really fed up at the moment and feeling sh*it and that's the truth! x

Well I'm sorry you're feeling so rough but good for you for admitting it and getting a bit of a respite from the daily chores! That's what I meant about always being positive..Sometimes it's best to be realistic and then it's a bonus if things turn out better than expected?

I would just hibernate until you feel better? Mr C is obviously willing to take over the housekeeping and knows how to turn the oven on so that's impressive! It's been really cold here today so no need to keep up with the gardening either!

Hope the sleep improves and that you feel better after having some time to yourself x

Thank you Pulisa x

So I stuck to my plan of resting up and it certainly helped.
    Also not going out relieved me of any anxious encounters of the big wide world.
    I was worried that it would affect my agoraphobia, but I went out yesterday with o/h to the corner shop and was surprised how calm I was.
    My new saying in my head is "I control the fear, the fear does not control me". Must have said it dozens of times over the weekend.
    There's no doubt the present situation we are all in has affected anxiety levels.
    All in all I thought I was coping pretty well considering, but I forgot how it takes it out of you physically and mentally.
    We do have choices though. There's always a substitute and if it gets too much a few days of tlc certainly helps.
    And it doesn't mean if you feel bad, you will be like it always.
    My rest has helped my hay-fever too.
    We put our bodies through so much and just a simple thing like rest can do wonders. x
    Last edited by Carnation; 10-06-20 at 10:05.

Hi Team.
    Sorry I've been absent but I'm off from work today so wanted to catch up with everyone. I LOVE the idea that we can and SHOULD come here to vent and express our negative thoughts, too, not just our positive, uplifting messages! Yes, it's nice to have someone spread some rainbows and unicorns when we're feeling down, but I often find it makes me feel worse instead of better. I want to communicate with others who can understand and relate to what I'm going through. In real life, there are more than enough people who are walking around with a fake smile and pretending life is wonderful - I like to hang with people who are open and honest with what's truly going on with them and that is the kind of support system I like. Let me bitch and moan for a while when I'm miserable. Tell me you know how miserable the bad days are. And then maybe I will be ready to dust myself off and look for the positives, but first I have to release the negatives and get them off my chest.

I hope you're feeling physically better today, Mrs. C. Just recently I have realized how important quality sleep is to how we feel mentally and physically. For most of my life (up until maybe a year ago) I was one of those who pooh-poohed suggestions of sleep and would retort "I'll have plenty of time to sleep when I'm dead". But I've recently learned firsthand that a poor night's sleep can make a HUGE difference in how we feel mentally and physically. Even symptoms that we don't think could possibly be related to sleep magically disappear after a night or two of QUALITY sleep. So good for you for knowing how to take care of yourself.

All is well with me for the moment. Working a lot, and find that even on days when I'm not, I am heading into the shelter to just volunteer or assist others. It's truly my happy place, and as I said to one of the other volunteers, I feel more like I'm with family while I'm here than when I'm with my own biological family. Sad, but true.

As you've surely heard, my country is in total upheaval over the wrongful death of the man they were taking into custody. Riots, looting, protests, shootings, violence is rampant. I've truly become paranoid about being anywhere except my home and the animal shelter, and even at those two places, I am on high alert. I fear we will never know life as it used to be and I truly feel bad for our children and grandchildren.
    Sue

It must be wonderful to be able to escape to your animal shelter, Sue and I understand what you mean about being with people who are your "real" family.

Glad to know that you feel rested now, Carnation. I sleep well and couldn't cope with my life if I didn't.

It's my daughter's birthday tomorrow. We should have been going to Edinburgh for a few days (booked a year ago!) but we'd never have been able to go anyway. My OH is at home with my son so we will escape for some time away from what is going on at home xx

Welcome back Sue. x

I meant to reply sooner but I've been nursing a delicate tummy and my attention span has been like 30 seconds. I'm trying not to let health anxiety take over, but it sure is difficult.

I'm so pleased you've got your little job. I know, it's not so little barca I know too well what is involved. I've worked for a national animal charity and a rescue centre and both took over my life. I tend to be an all or nothing person and that's not good for cutting off when you need to.
    Who would have thought your choice in work would turn out to be your saviour?

I'm feeling the same about the world and not knowing life as it used to be, but I'm also hoping given time, and not too long, that it may just turn out to be a better place.
    I'm trying to be hopeful here.

Pulisa, I hope you manage to have a good day with your daughter and stays dry. I'm sure you'll think of something. x

So, the shops reopen on Monday, well most of them do.
    How do I feel about that? Well, I'm obviously pleased that some businesses will be able to save themselves, sad for the ones that have lost their business due to know fault of their own, and curious how its all going to pan out.
    Will I be going? Not if I have to queue, wear a mask, not be able to touch anything or have a ticking timer on my visit. Sorry, I'm being honest. It doesn't do for me and as you know shopping is not my best vocation. But I will support the right businesses in the best way I can.
    Thank God the Safari Parks are reopening. Why should the animals suffer for a human decision / action. Enough said on that.
    Pubs, restaurants, cafes starting to do a roaring trade on takeaways. Did I say roaring? Probably more like a meow.
    We all know the mark up is on the drinks, the food has always been the temptation and mirage you to pay over the top for your liquid. Yeah, but it's a social thing, a social thing I don't do anyway. On a plus side, the future of dinning out has got to be a more pleasurable one with tables no longer so close that you help yourself to nextdoors salt and pepper by leaning across to help yourself and conversations will return to being more private.
    Hopefully all service will improve wide world, because IMO it was definitely an issue pre lock down.
    Anyway, enough if politics from me, otherwise this thread will turn into something ugly.

It's been a grim week weather wise, to suit my mood.
    But hey, a heatwave on its way. Oh boy, why can't it just be a nice comfortable temperature. The weather seems to be like me, 'All or Nothing' x

Bless you Carnation sounds like your having a bad time, l have been really bad lately l am not surprised really giving what's happening in the world, but l read your 1st post on this thread its unreal what you have come through your amazing l want you to know that, and having an abcess isn't pleasant and l totally relate to what you said not having anything to grab on to or hold, l hope you get it sorted out sending you prayers and you take care of yourself xx

best wishes xx

Page 251 of 691 FirstFirst ... 151201241249250251252253261301351 ... LastLast

Thread Information