Page 258 of 685 FirstFirst ... 158208248256257258259260268308358 ... LastLast
Results 2,571 to 2,580 of 6847

Thread: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Re: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

I'll respond to the other bits later Sue. My phone is low on charge and I'm in the garden trying to cool down x

Sue,

Mr C got a new IPAD about 6 months ago and is still transferring stuff from the old one. The old one that he has now given to me on the understanding he can still borrow it. Lol.

I can't believe how much has happened to you since we last spoke. And it seems you take everything in your stride and just get on with it.
    But that's you Sue, nothing phases you. You are a fighter and a survivor!
    Thank you for also reminding me of a tranquilliser if life gets too unbearable, even though you know I prefer not to go down that route, sometimes there comes a point to do that.
    However, like you say, the current situation is undoubtedly responsible for a lot of my suffering.
    I know my mind is trying to protect me and I have been quite strict with looking after myself physically and mentally. I'm actually doing yoga in the garden.
    The heat just toppled me over the edge as I'm sure it has with many.
    I will always dust myself down and get up again and keep going. Just as you say in your avatar name.

The world is going through big changes and for some of us of a certain age, it's a difficult adjustment and a scary one at that.
    It's something we have no control over, but we do have control of our own lives and choices and we will adapt and find our way.
    You have already being doing that with your life Sue when you took retirement and decided what you wanted out of life. You chose well Sue. x

Hope everything went ok for you today Pulisa xx

Yes thank you, Carnation. Now it's waiting for the verdict xx

Thanks for the thoughtful and kind comments, Mrs. C. I can totally sympathize with Mr. C's frustration with the new IPad. I love technology but only when I can stick with a device I'm familiar with.

Yes, medicinal help is out there for you if and when you need it, and only YOU will know if and when that time comes.

You've commented that "so much" has happened to me lately, but I don't see that at all. LOL I guess that's a good thing, or perhaps I am, again, stuffing things down inside and glazing them over instead of dealing with them? Hmmmm, something to think about.

We had an incredibly frantic and stressful day at the shelter yesterday and I was there very late and then had tons of stuff I was committed to do after the shelter, so it was a busy day and night. Today I am trying to rest but I have to be at my sister's house (the evil sister) to celebrate the birthday of my good sister. As of last night, when my friend asked how I was feeling about my upcoming visit to my sister's house (which always causes stress and anxiety and panic attacks) I told my friend I was "READY". Now as the time approaches I'm a little less ready, but I'm still pretty much in anger/defensive/strong mode. I'm on guard and prepared for her negative comments and digs and am going to try to respond to her with confidence and in a way that hopefully won't turn into a huge debate where she starts yelling and lecturing. My husband is "on call" and prepared to jump in and help if needed, but he's usually off with the guys when most of this happens so we'll see. Actually I'm going there prepared to do and say things that I KNOW will fire her up, in an attempt to show her that I no longer give a d@mn what she thinks. I am going to excuse myself 3 hours after arriving because I want to go to the shelter to check on some very sick animals. I won't lie about why I'm leaving the party "early", I will tell her why. And I will bring a change of clothes with me because, God forbid, I show up at her house in shorts and a t-shirt. And I may even tell her that I'm contemplating taking two of the very sick kittens home with me to care for them and that will really put her over the edge. LOL And lastly, I went and had some blue and purple streaks put into my silver hair a few days ago. That oughta REALLY freak her out! Gee, a I now being the evil one?

I have always said I will not bring any cats or kittens home from the shelter until my large, predatory dog is no longer with us, but I've not been able to stop thinking about these 10 very sick kittens that got dumped at the shelter yesterday. Taking care of them as well as the other 60+ cats there is going to be too much to get done during our daily shift - these guys will need round-the-clock care, so I'm off to go clear a spot in a spare bedroom to see if I can find a way to make it a makeshift kitten hospital and a way to make sure my dogs can never get near it. So that's my new distraction for the weekend. Gotta keep busy, right?

I love you guys, and I am so grateful we have this forum and this thread to share our trials and tribulations of daily life. It's not always an easy ride, but we are all learning to make the best of what we've got, right?
    Sue

Hi Carnation hope you have had a better day today hopefully anxiety free as much as we can be wishful thinking, l am up and down trying to stop my ridiculous thoughts, l would be okay if l couldn't think 🤣

And Pulisa glad it went well today, l have everything crossed for good results for you xx

Hubby okay he's milking it for all its worth 🤣

best wishes ladies xx

Pulisa, hope you don't have too long to wait for the results and the news is good!
    And you had a much cooler day to travel to and from, although the humidity is pretty high at the moment. xx

Mrs S, my day was a little better. I'll take any percentage of improvement no matter how small.
    How right you are about the 'thinking'.
    Mr S will certainly keep you busy for a while. xx

Sue, within a day, you have more news!
    I'll be honest with you, I would leave a party or engagement if there were sick animals to deal with whether I liked the host or not. In fact I'd probably not go at all.
    But I know how your sister would react, so your plan seems the best compromise. xx

How did your evening go Sue? And what was said about your new red and green hair? And how are the kittens doing? x

I managed to pop to the corner shop yesterday, but have to say it is quite an ordeal these days.
    The considerate queuing has gone for a burden since mandatory face mask wearing. People are lingering in the shop in the one way system causing a pile up. I can't hear what anyone is saying and still this congregation of people hanging around the exit door.
    More people are using the corner shop since the masses of holidaymakers have descended on the town. So I'm patiently waiting for September to arrive.

I have some improvement in my busted hand, which is pure delight after months of not being able to use to do the simplest of tasks. But I still can't do the washing up or hoovering, lol

Hope you are doing ok MRS S, Pulisa and glassgirlw and of course, any readers xx

Carnation that's a plus not doing dishes and Hoovering make the most of it 🤣🤣

Pleased to hear you had some improvement all good however small and yes going to shops awful l have had too go as hubby recuperating, l struggle to go out anyway.

hope all you lovely ladies are well today xx

Hi Friends.
    I went to my sister's party ready and armed. I don't know where the "Go ahead, I'm ready for you!" attitude came from, but it was there. I wonder if she was able to sense my energy because she didn't attack me as she usually does. We were by no means warm and loving towards each other, but she seemed to stay much more quiet and when I saw opportunities where she would normally have jumped in and made a comment, she said nothing. It's funny - I was almost disappointed that I didn't get the chance to use my new found strength to stand up to her! I guess just giving off the strong "I'm not going to take your sh/t" energy was enough! Disappointingly, the hair colors were not noticable enough because only my 13 year old great-nephew noticed (and loved it) and he mentioned it at a time when no one else was within earshot. Or perhaps they DID notice but didn't dare say anything? In any event, I'm returning to the salon Wednesday to get more prominent shades of purple put in because somehow I feel like those colors in my hair are contributing to my strength. Is that strange?

So of course when me and my shelter friend arrived at the shelter there was lots of general animal care to do (always is) but then when we turned our focus onto the new 10 kittens in horrible shape that had just arrived yesterday, the work really got intense. And I ended up taking three of them home with me. I took the 3 that had the worst eye problems.... that way I can focus my efforts on seeing if I can resolve and heal those. By the time I left the shelter and got home and got all the supplies and kittens in and settled, it was 3:00 a.m. But it's finally raining here today so it's a perfect day to feel lazy and tired and do as little as possible (other than animal care).

SUCH STRANGE DREAMS LAST NIGHT! I am trying to analyze why I had such constant, busy, violent and scary dreams but I wonder if I'm better off just trying to forget them and leave it alone. Lord knows we all have enough stuff to obsess and be anxious about, and I doubt I'll ever figure out the reason behind the exhausting dreams that had me wake up several times in panic mode. Do any of you remember and find a connection to your dreams and things going on in your life? Or is that something better left shrugged off?

Be well, my friends.
    Sue

Page 258 of 685 FirstFirst ... 158208248256257258259260268308358 ... LastLast

Thread Information