Page 81 of 692 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131181581 ... LastLast

Thread: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Re: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Yesterday I went back to the Cafe that set off my panic about a month ago. Petrified as I was, it didn't happen this time, although very nervous that it might happen, I got through it.
    I then went in to a shop that also brings on my panic.
    Yeah I know, glutton for punishment. And again, although very nervous that something might happen, but it didn't.
    Now feeling a bit cocky, thought, "ok, let's do some more". And another couple of shops later I find myself helping a lady who wasn't feeling so good because she felt dizzy. Ironic isn't it?
    Anyway, it turned out she was getting over a bad virus and had hardly eaten anything all day.
    So all in all, yesterday was quite a challenging day.
    Today I was out and felt strange.
    I can't quite explain it but will try as best I can.
    I've felt chilly all day, but my body is quite warm, especially my face. It feels like I've had my face in front of a fire all day. No lightheadedness but a feeling of not being grounded. My eyes don't seem to be working properly like the feeling when you have been crying alot, although I haven't been. And the sort of feeling when you have been drinking alcohol all day. Not that I do that.
    Also a feeling if no energy one minute, then I suddenly want to clean everything in sight in the kitchen.
    The only thing that might have something to do with it apart from anxiety is the sun!
    I haven't been used to it and was sitting in the sun today for well over an hour, which explain the excess energy from the vitamin D. It would also explain the hot face and possibly the sore eyes.
    Isn't it strange how we don't want to put things down to anxiety and look for other reasons.
    But whatever it may be we plod on thinking, "why do I feel like this?" "Am I ill or is just Anxiety mucking up my brain again?"
    "Will I feel like this tomorrow?" Who knows? We don't, but we still have to face that day.
    But sometimes we are pleasantly surprised and find we are more capable and resilient to tackle anxiety and actually win!

Well done for going back to places that caused you anxiety before. It’s a good way of telling anxiety to bu$$er off.

Does sound like the sun affected you a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Scass

Well done, Carnation!

It's hard to do this but we need to. I've found some times you just power through and realise it's easy and then you have a day where you aren't feeling so well and it becomes harder. That's a battle with anxiety, the just pushing through anyway. We have to be careful not to misinterpret one bad event, especially if we got up feeling rough anyway.

I'm sure that lady was very pleased to have some help.

Yes, it is hard to do Terry, but not impossible.
    We shouldn't have to battle anxiety all the time, especially when you may have won the battle yesterday, the day before and so in, but for some reason our mindset will not accept the win.

Sorry guys,
    With the new updated forum, it looks like I have been closed down. My posts do not appear in the new posting section, which basically means they won't be seen.
    So there is no point in posting anymore.
    I can not express how much this has upset me today and as I have not had a reply, so I presume it is unsolvable.
    I don't even know if you are able to read this message.
    I don't deal well with change, especially when it changes my personal routine.
    I really don't know what else to say.
    Can you believe I am in tears over this?
    What a pathetic person I am.

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

You are still very much here and alive, Mrs C. It's a problem with Active Topics feature and very much solvable. I know it's hard adjusting to all this but we expect normal service to resume forthwith

Never Surrender, Comrade

I can see you and your new posts. Maybe there is an issue with showing them to some of us but they are there. I can see you replying in the other thread so can you see your posts fine in the thread? If so whatever the issue it's only with the New Posts function and you can still go into a thread individually for now via the board links.We can all see your posts.

Please don't worry and use some calming techniques, step away from the screen for a short while and try to let the spike of panic dissipate. You will adapt to the changes as you get used to using it. It looks a bit different but it will soon be normal to you. I reckon lots of us are issues whilst they get it sorted, I'm having weird stuff happening.
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 19-02-19 at 13:13.

You're still here. Your updates are still under new posts. It's pretty much near the top most of the time, because we're always chatting about something or other. Keep on posting and we'll pick up.

Look at all the new smilies!! Have they always been there?

Ghost…Spillways

Quote Originally Posted by Darksky View Post
    You're still here. Your updates are still under new posts. It's pretty much near the top most of the time, because we're always chatting about something or other. Keep on posting and we'll pick up.

Look at all the new smilies!! Have they always been there?
    Yep, they were in the advanced post option if you clicked on more. The update has added them into the standard reply box so now we don't have to go an extra step for nothing.

Page 81 of 692 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131181581 ... LastLast

Thread Information