Page 198 of 692 FirstFirst ... 98148188196197198199200208248298 ... LastLast
Results 1,971 to 1,980 of 6914

Thread: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Re: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Thanks for asking Darksky - I’m still following your thread as the chatter makes me feel better but will just observe xx

Hi Windywel, hope your feeling better, let us know when you start a thread and we will all jump aboard...xxx

Hi Carnation, Darksky and Sue...wherever you are....

Damp, dark miserable morning here but at least it’s a bit warmer....Hope everyone is feeling good....

Was thinking last night in bed about my first house when I got married, aww bless we didn’t have much, do you remember the twintub washing machine, and a tv that only had 3 or 4 channels and you actually had to get up to turn it off or on and change channels....no cds then, it was records and tapes, and did any of you try and tape the the charts on a Sunday without getting the voice of the dj on the tape....that was an art....

love and hugs xxx

Hi Windywel,

Yes, let us know when you start your own thread or have you already? Noticed you started something on the 3/12?
    It would be nice to hear from you on mine too from time to time, but more appropriate to have your own domain for ongoing support and dealing with more personal and medical issues.

You'llNeverWalkAlone,
    I actually overslept this morning. I had a terrible night's sleep. 5 times getting up in the night for the loo and it was so humid and warm last night.
    Sometimes I think I should sleep in the bathroom for the amount of time I spend in there.

I've also been suffering with bile. Every morning I wake up with the stuff in my mouth no matter what I eat or drink. I don't know what causes it but it's yuck!

No, we didn't have a twin tub, we hand washed clothes until the 80s or went to the launderette, but my mum had one of those noisy spinners that sounded like a Boeing aircraft every time she used it.
    I was one of those people that taped the charts on a Sunday. God those DJs were annoying for cutting in.
    And yes, 4 channels on the tv, was a major thing when channel 5 came along and so obscure and off the wall.
    Was far more good stuff to watch then.
    Videos were great and was a regular at Blockbusters. A great meeting place to meet people too.
    And if it was a special occasion, you'd hire a camcorder.
    Those were the days, great fun! New years eve would be a homage of who's party to go to in the street, so much warmth and friendliness.
    The Milkman and postman would get a Christmas box and sometimes a drink. The shops would be shut for nearly a week. And karaoke was the new craze when we hit the 80s.
    When you got married you kept your fingers crossed you wouldn't get 3 toasters which were cheaper then than they are today. But in the 70s you'd cook your toast under the grill and it always burnt!

Miserable weather here too. Ideal day for writing those Christmas cards. x
    Last edited by Carnation; 06-12-19 at 10:42.

Morning All

I spent a day indoors yesterday, catching up with much needed housework.
    I don't mind housework, I see it as much needed exercise.

My thing at the moment is breathlessness. It comes from nowhere and not actually when I am doing anything particularly energising. I'm not sure if it's Wilko up to its old tricks again, but it passes.
    Wilko still let's me know its presence in the form of muscle twitching, hot flushes and that wobbly leg and head feeling. But it will have to behave itself because I'm off to a Christmas light switch-on tonight.
    A bit apprehensive as there will be a few hundred people there, but I'll give it a go. We've decided to get fish and chips after so I don't have to worry about cooking.

I slept better last night despite my acid reflux issues.
    I'm on a trial and error at the moment and finding there's more foods I can't eat than can. All the nice things too.

So, just over two weeks til Christmas.
    I'm all prepared. Decorations up, turkey ordered, (I can live off that for most of the Christmas), films at the ready, cards written ready to post, what else is there? Presents we don't do anymore, but we are going to two Christmas Carol services and a Church concert. That really is enough for me and venues where you don't have to speak to anyone. let's hope Wilko behaves and doesn't show me up.
    Last edited by Carnation; 07-12-19 at 14:02.

I don't do light switch on...round here they have a fireworks display as well. Can me old fashioned but what the hell have fireworks got to do with Christmas. I like a few carols and a nice gentle switch on.

i hope you enjoy your Carol service Mrs.C. I remember you did last year. Breathe that peace deep into your lungs.

i am pretty well done ( except for the tree) I hate last minute huge food shops so I start in November and get a bit each week. Posted cards yesterday afternoon. There was a woman in the post office queue waiting patiently to pay for a book. I had to tell her that she would have a nasty surprise if she braved the queue, got to the front, only to be told to go to another till further into WH Smith's. She seemed genuinely shocked that they wouldn't let her pay at the PO. Takes all sorts.
    Glorious day here, feels like spring.
    Hope everyone is having a good day.

Ghost…Spillways

Oh no, I would like that either Darksky. A nice gentle switch on, like you say.

You have a good memory Darksky. Remembering what I did last year. And can you believe that it's nearly a year since losing Mr C's mum. So New years Eve will be a little fragile for us.

But we are both making an effort to with the festivities of Christmas. I've had some real crummy ones over the years. I think sometimes we expect too much from Christmas. It shouldn't be about presents, only the presence of reminding people that we care for them. x

Hi Carnation

Hope you enjoy light switch on and Wilco stays at home, been suffering with the wobbly legs and head myself today.

All my decorations are up now, most of my cards have been posted, just have to wrap a few presents, which will be fun with only one arm working....lol...

I’ve done like you Darksky and have been doing extra bits of shopping every week, can’t do with all the crowds in the shops.

Love and hugs xxx

Hi You'llNeverWalkAlone,
    Pleased to hear you have a keeping busy.
    What a strong lady you are doing all that with your injuries.

I've just got back from the light switch on. Yes, I made it.
    Wilko insisted on coming with me and I too had the wobbly legs and head. But once I was there it settled down. Saw Father Christmas . I also went late night Christmas shopping which went much better than I anticipated. Especially as Mr C left me to my own devices while he chatted to all on sundry. Oh my, he does like to chat, could talk the hind legs off a donkey.
    He made up for it by buying me a pressie
    So now I'm back and my legs feel like they've been on a treadmill, but it's another achievement.

Aww well done you, I know how hard that must have been for you, but you did it and showed Wilco what for...
    Did you sit on Santa’s lap and told him you’d been a good girl...

Oh is Mr C a chatterbox...I’m a chatterbox always have been, even at school on my reports it always said I was a chatterbox...

Well at least he bought you a pressie, what was it or don’t you know...

well done again, just try and relax now with a nice brew and some biscuits...or whatever you fancy cause you deserve it...

love and hugs xxx

Lol, YNWA, Santa was on top of a Fire Engine, but I did wave to him.
    Mr C bought me a beautiful scarf. I have an obsession with scarves We picked up fish and chips afterwards, so I could chill out.

Hugs to you also You'llNeverWalkAlone x

Page 198 of 692 FirstFirst ... 98148188196197198199200208248298 ... LastLast

Thread Information