Page 202 of 691 FirstFirst ... 102152192200201202203204212252302 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,020 of 6901

Thread: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Re: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Aww, thanks You'llNeverWalkAlone x

I have a very quiet voice, (lack of confidence), but at home I'm know for bashing out a crooner song, a ABBA number and whatever I hear on the radio.

New Years Day must feel very strange to you, but your dad wouldn't want you to be sad.

Now I’m the opposite, I’m loud especially when on the phone, all the supermarket can here my conversation...or so I’ve been told....I can also belt out a song, but I can be quiet too, well my kinda quiet...must just have a big gob...

Yeah dad wouldn’t want me to be sad but I do get sad cause I miss him so much, used to do such a lot together especially in the garden...

Have a good evening xxxx

Just popping in to say "Hello, I love you all, and am so grateful for this safe place to share our challenges and accomplishments." We should try to do that all year long but I'm glad that this time of year brings out the loving spirit in most people.

Was just pondering the funny ways our anxiety symptoms can get set off. My husband asked me this morning while I was having my first cup of coffee how my anxiety level was so far (it's been up there for the past few weeks) and I told him it was very low. And it was! A little while later I was online shopping for an appropriate gift for a friend who also suffers from anxiety and my search brought up a bunch of books. As I was reading the pages of previews they provide, I felt my anxiety rising. Just READING about someone else's anxiety, or the subject itself, brought mine to life!

I grabbed my rock of green fluorite (which always brings me instant calm) and I did some tapping. It came down a little, but I was still in a heightened state. Then I started getting excited because we're going to a school play that my nephew is starring in tonight and I've been receiving pictures and videos of his yesterday performance, and a video of him receiving a high honor award from the other cast members. So I'm very anxious to get there and see it myself in a few hours, but I think the excitement sparked the anxiety right back up there. If I had time I'd go to the gym or run around the block to burn some off but need to get ready and hit the road.

Doesn't take much to spark and ignite our anxiety flame, does it. :( And even happy and positive excitement can apparently do it (which I think you pointed out to me a while back, Mrs. C.)

But it's a part of me and always will be so it's not the fact that I have it, it's how I choose to deal with it. And deal I will, as we all do!
    Happy holidays to my fellow warriors!
    Sue

Yes I did Sue. And excitement affects me too.
    Last Saturday we were off to see the Christmas light switch on, we were running late because we were Christmas shopping and had to find somewhere to leave the car.
    When I got out I was so fuelled up with adrenal my legs were like rockets, wobbly rockets, which eventually wore off as I carried on walking. And when we got there, my legs wanted to carry on walking when I wanted to stand still. So the fidgeting takes over.
    This is where the pills come in handy.
    But I don't take pills, so I have to wait for the natural decent of the adrenalin.

I also get triggered by reading, even writing on this thread about the symptoms and my day. There, just then, a wave of whatever through my leg like a quivering muscle.
    But I now know what it is. Unlike when I first experienced these strange feelings.
    I hardly react now. Yes, it's uncomfortable, annoying and weird, but I know what it is.
    It's impossible to avoid triggers, even if we do nothing because the mind will bring up memories.
    We have to get used to the reaction, note it and not think anything in to it. Chuck it over our shoulder like a pinch of salt. Say, "yep, been here before".
    That's in theory, practice is more challenging.
    Last edited by Carnation; 15-12-19 at 00:42.

Did you enjoy your Carol singing Mrs.C?

Ghost…Spillways

Hi Darksky

Well....
    I managed to go. Couldn't find anywhere to park and had to abandon the car on the edge of the road which made us late, so all the seats were taken.
    There was a fumble with chairs being brought out of the stockroom and a lady placed two chairs apart from each other at the very back and I was a gasp.
    Mr C asked if someone would do a shuffle so that we were sitting together and they thankfully obliged.
    It was so dark as they handed me a programme of the service and a candle, one of those battery operated ones, but mine seemed to have flicker spasms.
    I couldn't see anything on my programme and had no view of what was going on, but I sat there like a good little girl. Sang along to the carols I knew and fidgeted most of the time. I was the first one out with a walk back to the car in the dark.
    The best part was getting fish and chips on the way home.
    Got another one next Sunday in the big church.
    It's my compromise with Mr C. So I'll go more prepared.
    So my answer is no, not really, but Wilko enjoyed it.
    Last edited by Carnation; 16-12-19 at 08:55.

Sorry I haven’t been on here for a bit. Just wanted to wish you all a very happy Christmas xxxxx

Merry Christmas to you too Mrs M, hope all is well. x

Same to you Mrs. M...I hope you have a peaceful one. Xxx

That doesn't sound very peaceful and Christmassy Mrs.C. Maybe there will be more room in the bigger church, even if you have to get there early to get a proper seat....and for me, it would have to be on the end Still you went and joined in with the singing, which is, in itself distracting. Next Sunday will be better.

just sat here having lunch, watching 3 bluetits on a coconut half. I find it so relaxing, I could sit here all afternoon but I can't :(

Ghost…Spillways

No, it wasn't Darksky and I think I did very well staying put.
    A bit shaky arriving and leaving, but the old woman next to me on a walking frame gave me confidence.
    If I sight someone with physical difficulties, it always seems to give me extra confidence and I normally end up helping them.

I've been watching the bluetits as well. They are such pretty birds. All the birds are going through seed like there's no tomorrow, a bit like Mr C with his frosties.

Well, I'm doing ok lately, not brilliant, but I'm getting out and about. Went to 3 charity shops with Mr C yesterday, (it's his fix) and then another few shops and didn't have one hot flush, which was surprising because they all had those horrid extractor fans blowing on fall blast.
    The thing is I don't enjoy any of it because of the anxiety, it's just going through the motions and I see everything I do as a test or exercise.
    Even walking. Last night we posted our neighbours Christmas cards and each door I went to I was hoping they wouldn't come to the door.
    And why does everyone keep asking if I'm ready for Christmas? It feels like a countdown to a catastrophe.
    Just put a few Christmasy bits up, buy a turkey with your weekly shop, stock up on bread and milk, write a few cards, buy a few presents and record your favourite films. Job done!
    Let's face it, it's not like years ago, shops are open on Boxing Day waiting to take more money from you with what I call the 'fake sales'.
    I actually saw a shop yesterday preparing the window for the sales which really wants to make me grind my teeth.

Anyway, I did one of favourite things last night. I had a foot-soak.
    If you've never had one, I highly recommend it.

Page 202 of 691 FirstFirst ... 102152192200201202203204212252302 ... LastLast

Thread Information