Page 200 of 685 FirstFirst ... 100150190198199200201202210250300 ... LastLast
Results 1,991 to 2,000 of 6850

Thread: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Re: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Meant to say Sue, I've had a pair of varifocals for a week, they are doing my head in, trying to get used to them.

Ghost…Spillways

Hi Darsky..... I can totally relate to your struggles! I spent a fortune on these glasses so I am determined to make them work, but boy is there an adjustment period and some fine-tuning on how and when and where to turn your head to focus in on different things. Fortunately I have the option of wearing contacts instead but since those are costly, I try to wear glasses when I'm home and save the contacts. But going back and forth between the two has its challenges, too. And we certainly don't need one more reason to feel dizzy and off-kilter!

I am one of those that you speak of, Mrs. C, who gets energized after going to the gym or taking a brisk walk. And I was so ready to do that when I left the shelter yesterday since I still had energy, but unfortunately I wreaked of cat poop and did not want to go into the gym like that. And of course, once I get home and change my clothes, I don't want to leave again. So the gym didn't happen. Today and tomorrow are my days off from work, and I SHOULD go to the gym, but I really like not having to go anywhere on my days off, so I'm torn. We'll see what the day and the mood brings.

Yes, we should categorize blips. Actually I even had an app on my phone not too long ago where it would ping you throughout the day to press an icon to track what your mood was at that moment, and then it would show patterns on a calendar. I forget why I stopped using it.

OK, the EFT tapping: I am doing it, but I'm not convinced or sure that I totally believe in it's effects, so I'm only doing it half-heartedly. I find it difficult to comprehend that tapping on a few spots on your body while chanting phrases can really change your brain. But I've done kookier things, so it doesn't hurt to try. I'll close this post right now and go tap myself. Hey, there's a new statement we should start using for people who frustrate and anger us! Instead of telling them to go ---- themselves, we can say "Go tap yourself!"
    Sue

I would love varifocals, but I just know they'll set off my lightheadedness. So I stick to glasses as and when I need to use them. Mostly I go without and just fumble my way around.

Sue, on the EFT. As far as I am aware, you are only suppose to do it when you are panicky or highly anxious or want to rid yourself of negativity.
    The points you work on have to be precise too and must be firmly tapped. For instance, the side of the hand is almost like a karate chop. It shouldn't be called tapping at all, it's more like a prodding.
    In fact I used it yesterday because I was very panicky.
    Mr C decided to go through some of the cases in the garage and it set my panic off.
    There must have been a trigger with the moving.
    I actually only calmed down after eating a meal.
    My panicky day could also have been the aftermath from the day previous when I had some upsetting news, which hopefully got resolved yesterday.
    I seem to deal with a situation at the time, it's afterwards I seem to go to pieces.

I didn't go out at all yesterday, probably another reason for the high anxiety, but with 50 mile hour winds and torrential rain, it was the lesser of the two evils.
    I'm also beginning to think my constant loo visits have nothing to do with my drinking, but my anxiety.
    I had this yesterday afternoon. 3 times in an hour and then because I think I am empty I drink more!

So I'm still doing my affirmations daily, completely know them off by heart now and I highly recommend positive affirmations before you go to sleep as well as gratitudes.
    It promotes a better sleep.

But I still struggle with this mindset of doom and gloom. On the ready incase something bad is going to happen. Looking into the future too much, even picturing scenarios of what could happen.
    Since having anxiety I've not been able to curb these thoughts. And somehow I need to find away to keep my thinking in the present, because as Mr C says, I'm spending too much time worrying about the future, I'm not living in the present.

When I am highly anxious I can't seem to deal with the kitchen at all. I drop things, bash and crash about, even opening the fridge, I'm like, "get everything I need out in one go", so I'm piled high in my arms and end up dropping most of it. Then there's grabbing the salt when I want sugar, overfilling the kettle, not being able to get a spoon of sugar inside the cup. I spend most of my time mopping up and thinking, "I wanna get out of here!"
    If Mr C allowed me I'd probably live on jacket potatoes every day!

I've got Carols coming up in the church at the weekend.
    Who knows how that will go, but at least I can say a little prayer at the same time.

Hi Carnation...

Hope your ok....I’m a bit like you, can cope with a situation but goes to pieces after it’s been resolved, weird isn’t it...

glad you you managed to calm panic down, you did well eating, it usually puts me off food, I struggle getting it down...

I can so relate to the doom and gloom feeling and my mind definitely lives in the future, cooking up some horrible scenarios which only goes to scare me more, I think we have vivid imaginations and think way to deep...

i didn’t go out either yesterday the weather was wild...not going out today either, apart from nowhere to go it’s very cold and have got wobbly bobbly head, and also when it’s cold I hold myself like a robot then wonder why the hell im aching, so I will stay in and try to keep warm...

I don’t like the kitchen when I’m anxious, there’s nowhere to sit so I tend to lean a lot. Oh isn’t it awful when you can’t get sugar in cup because your hand is shaking and then it goes all over the work tops causing you more work..oh god the amount of times I’ve done that...

jacket spuds...yummy...with cheese and beans or chilly....

Anyway Carnation hope today is a better day for you and you manage to get a brew with a least some sugar in it...

love and hugs.

Hi YNWA

You coped so well with your accident. How on earth you got yourself back home in that state, well, you have a strong constitution for survival. And now you on the mend you probably feeling all those things that we label as anxiety.

Yes, eating is difficult when panicky, but that's where mindful can help.
    Start with a small something on your fork, smell it, look at it, put it in your mouth, but don't swallow straightaway, let your taste buds take note. Then each time you take another mouthful increase the size and lessen the time so by the time you half way through you are eating normally not realising by the end you've managed it all and actually feel better.

I like beans or tuna or coleslaw on jackets. I'm not a lover of melted cheese, it's the texture. Can't do spice, my stomach rejects anything spicy.

Yes, I am very deep and all my past school reports say, "girl has a vivid imagination".
    I still remember the faces in my bedroom curtains when I was a little girl and was convinced there was someone under my head.
    There were fairies in the garden and the stars were people that passed over, I still think that today.
    But without it, we wouldn't have creativity that's served me well in all my work.

What is it with this wobbly, bobbly head? It's like it's slightly disconnected from our body which is ridiculous and my legs like loopy loo, do you remember her?

Sometimes you just have to look at how we feel and cope and just say, "It's ridiculous living this way , but I'm still here fighting".

You Do you mean looby loo from Andy pandy... can’t recall a loopy loo...

yeah the head feels like your brain is loose in your skull and bobbles about, sometimes it feels like you’ve had a drink and it’s slightly gone to your head but all you’ve had is a cup of tea...

talking of Andy Pandy, do you remember Watch with Mother,.....The Woodern Tops, Tails by the riverbank, Bill and Ben, Bizzy Lizzy, pogals wood...I’m sure there’s a few more....

Yeah all these on and we are still here kicking and screaming..xx
    Last edited by YoullNeverWalkAlone; 11-12-19 at 12:48.

Lol, yes looby loo. I've been calling her loopy loo for decades.

Pogals Wood was my absolute favourite along with 'Hector's House', 'Camberwick Green' and the 'Clangers'

I know times change but I think children's programmes were much 'nicer' back in the day. Sort of gentler. I would choose Mr.Toad over Transformers any day. Do children learn nursery rhymes any more?
    i used to like Wurzel Gummidge.

So the pooch went to the vets last night. I've got some meds for her peeing but he thinks it's a progressive thing with her back end in general. I may need a new washing machine in the new year sales Still we parked up and took her for a plod round town looking at the Christmas lights.

I think we move too fast in general really, a conscious effort to do things in slow motion may serve us well when doing jobs (and prevent spillages) As for living in the future, I think that's a universal problem and have you noticed that it's never a nice future, it's always a horrible catastrophic one. I wonder if our gloomy mindset makes it a self fulfilling prophesy?

Ghost…Spillways

Oh yes Darksky, I liked Worzel Gummidge with Aunt Sally and Catweazle, Wacky Races......

Please your visit is done at the vets. I'm off again tomorrow with my cat, this time the right place. x

Got 8 hours sleep last night with only one wake up. could be to do with the brandy I had, not that I'm promoting alcohol for sleep, but an occasion tipple does no harm. Well, that's my excuse.

Eventually got to the vets and all ok.
    Although my cat did that thing where they stretch all fours and clamp themselves on to the sides so you can't get them into the box. All over now though.

Now off to vote....

Page 200 of 685 FirstFirst ... 100150190198199200201202210250300 ... LastLast

Thread Information