Page 365 of 692 FirstFirst ... 265315355363364365366367375415465 ... LastLast
Results 3,641 to 3,650 of 6914

Thread: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Re: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

They are fabulous photos Fishman

The speed of peregrines in their downturns is incredible. I just wish gamekeepers and suchlike would leave the raptors alone. When they catch them they only get a slap on the wrist. Another instance of mankind thinking he owns the planet and everything on it.

Ghost…Spillways

Hi all,

I hope you don't mind me barging in on your thread, I just wanted some support/advice/non-judgemental listeners.
    I was diagnosed with anxiety and depression at age 18, I am now 40.
    I have had many good years with a few "blips" and am now having another one of those episodes, I guess it's a relapse but I’m not really sure.
    It started with panic attacks about my husband working night duty and spiralled from there. I am now off work and have been for 10 weeks, I am taking sertraline 200mg (had been 150mg) for the past month and been started on quetiapine 25mg twice daily. My sleep has improved and I am having more good days than I was, but on a day like today I am really struggling.
    I am just so afraid that I am going to go mad or die. I have started seeing a counsellor but am also torturing myself reading all this self-help stuff and not really doing any of it as I am getting so bogged down in it that I don't know where to start.
    I just want to have a day without. my mind racing, and to be able to cope on my own. I rely heavily on my husband and feel without him I am going to go mad. is there light at the end of the tunnel? I know I have been here before but it feels different this time, both of my parents are now dead and the dr I had seen before, who I trusted and got on with has retired.
    Any advice very welcome.

Hi emma,
    It already sounds like you are taking action and getting help. I can't help with med advice as I've never taken them but my partner is on sertraline and finds it has helped him.
    I'm sure what you have written in your post is so familiar to others including myself.
    When I started this post I headed it relapse in the title but I now like to refer to it as a blip. We all have them. It can be when something changes in our lives. Even a change in your normal routine. It takes adapting to a different situation. Being alone can open the doors to feat and until you adjust it might be a good idea to fill that gap / time with lots to do and gradually let go of some of it as you adjust. Maybe phone a friend, Internet time, find a hobby, a good film, reading, listening to music, drawing /knitting, a craft. Use the time to pamper yourself. Keep a diary. Take up yoga. Listen to affirmations.
    You are not going mad or going to die. Yes the feelings can make you feel that way but are only thoughts. Turn the thoughts into concentrating on doing something. Anything. Clear out a cupboard. Go through your wardrobe.
    Use the 5 senses when you feel panicky.
    What you can see, hear, smell, feel, taste to ground yourself when you feel panicky.
    In time you will feel more comfortable and relaxed and you can look back at this post and smile with delight on how well you coped and adjusted.

Hi Carnation,

Thanks for that it helps to hear from people who have gone through similar things and survived. I swim in the sea but hadn't been in a while, so it's good to get back to it, very cold at the minute though. I love crafts and have been doing bits and pieces which i do enjoy. I guess it's one day at a time, which is a cliche, but true at times like this. Being kind to myself and finding support on forums like this is helping.

Emma x

I know it doesn't feel like it now but you will have improvements Emma. You are doing the work so you will get results! The work includes relaxation as well.

Well I've gone and broken the lawnmower. Damn those bumps in the grass. It made a whirring cry before it chugged its last chug. I wasn't in love with the model anyway. Those hovers just don't hover and very tough to push. So a new one is on its way.
    Anxiety has been up and down and I do my upmost to use the tips I've learnt. I had brain fog a couple of days ago and not only is it frustrating it can be scary too. A rest and good night's sleep helps and thankfully is only a temporary. I'm dreaming all sorts at night and lots of things and people from the past. People I've not seen for years. I don't mind the dreaming because I know it's dealing with past issues and I would rather that when I sleep then awake.
    Apart from that I'm plodding on with the driving, getting out and doing my upmost to lead a normal life, lol.
    Hope everyone else is doing ok and has the sun shining today.

Weird…ours has gone south as well.

it’s one of those petrol ones that trundle along on their own….except that it has stopped trundling. Something keeps dropping off…it’s the humps and bumps on the lawn like yours….so it has to be pushed.Which is not on with my arthritic shoulders. We have an emergency hover but it’s hovering capabilities are limited because all I seem to do is push it.

Still, the grass looks like a daisy field which is very pretty.

it’s a beautiful day here but I can’t sit out as we’ve a leaky tap which needs a new cartridge. I have a feeling we had to get them from Amazon last time but Mr.D wants to check B&Q first. Silly man, I will be in the garden centre before he can blink.

Anxy morning at the nurses again with my mother but take a deep breath and carry on We are so good at it. We need to pat ourselves on the backs more.

Reminds me, I wonder how Fish’s Dad is getting on….must nip over and ask.
    Last edited by Darksky; 27-05-22 at 13:48. Reason: Spelling

Ghost…Spillways

Blame the Earth Darksky. For not being flat.
    I might be going to the garden centre too. There must be something I need to go with my daisies. Looks like I have baby corn growing amongst the grass as well, lol. With the wind we get here I could get anything in my garden. As long as its not a pig from the local farm.
    You know Mr D will be ages choosing so that will give you plenty of time to fill up the trolley Darksky.

Annoyingly he found what he wanted fairly quickly but you can’t keep a good woman down or keep her from her plants.

I was looking for some campanula but didn’t see any, however I got some sweet peas which I’ve an idea to train up a tree. Don’t know if it will work but I’ll give it a go.

Ghost…Spillways

That sounds lovely Darksky. I love the scent of sweet peas. Mine self-seeded from last year but no flowers yet.

Page 365 of 692 FirstFirst ... 265315355363364365366367375415465 ... LastLast

Thread Information