Page 154 of 691 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156164204254654 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 6902

Thread: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Re: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Funny you should say that Mrs. C. I remember once having an attack and the thing that I remember most was that I was wearing a pink top. Guess what, I've never worn that top since. How flaming illogical is that. It's maddening.

Ghost…Spillways

Oh hell, yes, you may have a problem with your ear or ears that have been there for decades! The first time I saw an ENT was about 30 years ago because I always felt like one ear was blocked and I was often dizzy. He said something about one of my eustachian tubes being too small and some other tube being too large so things weren't draining properly. The only fix was to take a daily nasal steroid to try and keep the canals clear.

There is something called Eustachian Tube Dysfunction (ETD) .... look it up - I'll bet you see yourself in a lot of the symptoms.
    Sue

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    Thank you Tracy for joining this thread.
    It could well have been exhaustion
    Looking after his mum continously for hours, little sleep, hefty work, not resting.
    Mr C said it was an amalgamation of stuff.
    My sister in law gets really dizzy and its due to the little crystals we have in our ears becoming out of wack. You're most welcome been a part of this thread for awhile just started posting am trying to catch up and read from the start.

You see Darksky, it's all the same mindset. "I'm not going to wear that anymore, I had panic when wearing that".
    And isn't it weird that you immediately reject it, blame it, hate it. As if something you wear can cause panic, but we do think like that. I also have a top that I seem to have bad luck when I wear it. It's a really nice top as well. I tested it out a few weeks ago and you've guessed it, I had a terrible day. Is that coincidence or what, but I've decided it's gotta to go!

Sue, since we talked about the ear possibility of being the culprit, it seemed to give me jip last night. It felt gunged up and I could hear my heartbeat pounding in my left ear. It could also mean our chat has brought it to the forefront of my mind. It is a fact though that I suffer with my sinuses, so it's definitely something I will investigate.
    I looked up ETD and I pretty sure it's not that. I don't actually go dizzy, it's a lightheaded feeling. I can bend up and down a dozen times and not go dizzy.
    I had to do that as one of my tests when I was sure I was getting Parkinsons. I also had to walk backwards with my eyes closed walking down a narrow corridor in a brisk fashion. After all the tests, she said, "You haven't got Parkinsons, you have Anxiety!"
    Although very pleased with not having Parkinsons, I thought oh no, Anxiety still around my neck.

Tracy, you've not been around for some time, I hope life has been kinder to you. x

So today the plan is to go out for a while. I'll be honest, I'm dreading it. I'm going to listen to Claire Weekes just before I go. I'm aiming for the corner shop first, then the newsagents. If I feel I'm doing well, I'm going to shop for some slippers. I always think if you go out for something specific, it's much easier than just browsing.
    Although at the moment, the corner shop will be a challenge in itself. Mr C gets frustrated with me and can get a bit snappy, but that just puts more pressure on me.
    I feel a burden most of the time and that turns into hating myself which is not good for the anxiety or depression.
    Most of time I think, "what's the point?" I'm not enjoying any of it. And then I think, "what a waste of life". So I keep trying and battling and getting frustrated and despondent.
    The adrenalin is very apparent in my legs, so already I'm apprensive. But I got over the fear of being in a car, going on motorways and even driving a little. Now I need to do the same with shops. But I really don't want anyone to speak to me or stop me in my tracks. I just want to do the task in hand and come home.
    Urgh, not looking forward to it at all. :(

Don't forget to keep your front door key in your hand. It may help,or it may not. But worth a go.

Ghost…Spillways

Thanks Darksky, I will. x

How did you go today Carnation?hope you made your way too the shops, I was in your shoes for around 2years,so afraid,scared to even walk out to the mail box, I felt like everyone was looking and talking about me,it was crazy but that’s how I lived,now after intensive therapy (sticking with it) I can now hold onto a job.
    I occasionally have off the planet days but can bring myself back too reality with the guidance from my Psychotherapist.

Hi Mrs. C.
    I hope your trip to the shops went OK, but I really don't think you should push yourself to do those. They are simply not enjoyable for you! I know it's the anxiety that makes them uncomfortable and challenging, but even without anxiety, maybe you just simply don't enjoy wandering about shops! I know I don't!

When I mentioned getting out and doing stuff that would distract you and occupy your mind so that you're distracted away from thinking about the anxiety, I was referring to doing something enjoyable that you might LIKE to do. Shopping is nothing but a trigger for you and it certainly isn't a distraction - it's the opposite. So many bad memories attached to those outings - you need a new outing. And feeling as if you MUST do these to appease your hubby only adds more pressure and anxiety. Tell him he needs to go to the shops alone, he seems to enjoy them, but if you don't, don't go!

How about a new pet - would that occupy your mind and time with pleasant distractions? My first recommendation would be a puppy, but they are a LOT of work and responsibility. How about a bird? Or a fish tank? You need a challenging hobby to occupy your mind that doesn't have any bad memories attached to it.

Maybe somewhere down the road you will be able to tolerate the trips to town but something tells me you'll never enjoy them. Lord knows I still don't. So hubby does 99% of the shopping, alone!

What would make Mrs. C. happy? What brings you joy? Maybe an indoor garden or terrarium?
    Sue

Hi Quinn, I haven't gone yet, U tend to go out after lunch so I don't have to panic about being hungry.
    I'm running late as I wanted to listen to Claire Weekes App and is over a hour long. Well, I fell asleep!
    Now have incredible muscle twitching in my thighs actually making the material in my jeans move.

Sue, yeah I know. There is a farm shop I enjoy only 5 minute drive and I like to see the chickens and their chicks. That's more me. As for a another pet, afraid I can't. I'm renting and was originally no pets allowed, but they made an acception for our cat.
    What brings me joy? Not alot these days apart from gardening. Considering I'm not keen on shopping or mixing with people, that doesn't leave alot.
    The reason I keep trying is to stop me becoming a prisoner of my own home.
    Last edited by Carnation; 24-09-19 at 08:56.

I'm back. Still in one piece and managed what I intended to do. The first port of call was the GP Surgery. I didn't mention before but I've been too much of coward to register. I walked over that zigzag carpet went straight to the Reception and gave her the form that's been sitting in the drawer for the past three months. I managed to stay standing without fidgeting even though I was extremely nervous. Anyway, job done. I then went to the corner shop and got my bread. Then on to the newsagents to pick up my ordered mags. Then waited in the car while Mr C went into a couple of shops he wanted to go in, but I didn't. Then I braved going into a clothes shop to get my slippers which they didn't have. We went for a short drive along the seafront and now I'm home. If it wasn't for my lurgy I would have sat on a bench to look at the sea, but far too windy today. Mr C on the way home turned to me and said, "we don't have to do the shop thing, we can just drive somewhere nice and walk around". Music to my ears.
    All in all, quite successful. Yeah I was nervous, yeah my body was stiff, yeah I was a bit out of focus, but nothing bad happened to me.
    I held that front door key tight in my hand and must have fiddled with it like crazy.
    Tomorrow I'm staying in as it's a horrendous weather day, but I'm lining up stuff to do.
    And I think the Claire Weekes App helped.
    I'm now going to have some tea and cake as a reward and order my slippers online.
    Can I say I'm proud of myself?

Page 154 of 691 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156164204254654 ... LastLast

Thread Information