Page 230 of 685 FirstFirst ... 130180220228229230231232240280330 ... LastLast
Results 2,291 to 2,300 of 6850

Thread: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Re: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Pulisa, my other half suggested the voltarol, but I don't listen to him, lol. I'll give it ago.
    Im hoping it is muscular and a weak area that flares up when overdoing something.
    5 years ago ties up with around a time when I was up a ladder cutting my mum's eucalyptus tree and the ladder fell back and thankfully returned back on to tree but a branch dug into my left breast area. I was sore for a while, but no pain. But I may have done something to that area.
    My cat also sometimes kicks in that area when I pick him up or uses that area to make a support for himself, bless him.
    And thank you for reminding me about the GP surgery and its germs, we definitely don't want any more of that! x

Hi Gang.
    Just checking in as I have a few minutes before I need to get ready for work. Don't have much advice or any suggestions for the hearburn and rib pain, but the thoughts that have already been offered sound good. I, too, don't think your rib/muscle pain is the big C.... but I understand that you still have that nagging fear deep in your brain. I twisted once in my car to reach something on the other side of the center console. My breast got squeezed and pulled in a way that caused HORRIBLE pain for a few minutes and I couldn't believe I had done something so severe just by squashing my boob! It ached for WEEKS and I seriously thought I needed to go have it examined but the pain finally started subsiding, so I gave it more time. But the area still seems to be more susceptible and prone to re-injury, so apparently when we cause one of those "sudden turn" injuries, we do some permanent nerve or muscle damage?

Fortunately for me I can't relate to acid reflux.... have only felt it maybe 5 times in my life. But I have the other issue: colitis. I know all too well the sad, frustrating, maddening process of trying to figure out what to eat and what not to eat, and at times it seems like there is NOTHING you can safely eat. I'm so grateful that it is now mostly under control by a medication, but unfortunately it seems that medication can kill your liver so the doc is probably going to make me go off during my visit in March. If he does, it's probably back to steroids, which I HATE, and which also comes with it's share of bad effects to the body. So yes, hardly any of us get through this life without at least a handful of health challenges, and I am ashamed to admit that I am so jealous of people who don't seem to have any! But then again, perhaps they, too, suffer silently and deal with things I just don't know about. And on the flip side, there are so many who suffer with much more serious things that it reminds me to be humble and grateful.

But the health issues on top of anxiety and health anxiety are a horrible combination, and my heart breaks for you, Mrs. C. You SO deserve a break and for things to turn around for you - you have been struggling and "getting by" for so long now. I don't know what the solution or answer is, but I do desperately hope that someday soon, somewhere, somehow, this will ALL start to get better for you. I wish you had a doctor that you trusted and liked but that doesn't seem like it's on the table right now. Since the doctor I adored for 35 years retired, I have been bouncing around trying to find one I feel comfortable with, but so far, no luck. Thankfully I am my own best doctor most of the time but there are and will be times when I need medical intervention and prescriptions.

Off to the animal shelter - it's my weekend on duty, so I'll snuggle some kittens for all of you. It's truly my happy place and has been a God send for distracting me from my mental and physical issues.
    Sue

Always good to see you popping in Sue
    I do think that a large proportion of people suffer with pain or an ailment, especially as we get older.
    We do have to be thankful for small mercies. How do we tell that to our brain? It doesn't listen most of the time.
    Talking of kittens, my cat got lost and stuck yesterday.
    Spent two hours pacing the streets and would you believe, on my own. It takes an emergency to show it can be done.
    Although my heart was thumping and out of breath and my vision was like sh*t and my legs felt like a bandy cowboy, (no offence to cowboys in general). I didn't collapse or anything drastic as my brain likes to warn me about. I was just pumped full of adrenalin to aid me to look for my cat.
    Found him eventually in a neighbour's garden. He'd got through a whole in the fence and poor thing couldn't get back. He was very disoriented and stressed.
    Yes, he has anxiety too.

Oh wow.... are you exhausted and wiped out today? I would imagine you would be after the stress of your cat being missing and you walking around town, full of adrenaline, looking for him. Darn animals - they cause us so much worry sometimes but also bring us so much love and joy..... they're worth the trouble. All's well that ends well. And yes, I see LOTS of cats with anxiety at the shelter.... so sad to see some of them so severely scared.... I wish they could tell me what they've been through to be this way. :(

Then again, right after typing that last line, it dawned on me that perhaps NOTHING happened to make them that way.... some of them might just be born with neurological or chemical imbalances, just like humans!
    Sue

Strangely I wasn't Sue. Just a lot of twitching.
    I've had quite a few cats with anxiety, probably because they were rescue cats. What they lack in confidence is replaced with great determination, just like us!

I would have been frantic Mrs.C if I'd lost my cat. You did well to cope so well with it. When my cat is even 5 minutes late I can feel myself getting breathless. He has a choice, go upwards into the hills or go over the road to the river bank. Without fail he crosses the road where they do 60mph. We've lost cats before on the road and it terrifies me when I hear a car horn.

I can understand why people keep their cats in.
    Although the river is flooded at the moment so his wanderings have been curtailed somewhat.

Ghost…Spillways

I was frantic Darksky, but surprisingly a sedated frantic.
    It was Mr C running around like crazy, where I was looking at it more logically and putting myself in a cat's mind of where he would go. I was more worried about the storm approaching. It actually took him two days to get over his little adventure, but he's back to normal now.

Oh my, I caught a rare glimpse of the news last night and couldn't believe all the floods over the country.
    Then couldn't believe the so called experts investing in more equipment instead of using the money for flood defences. People don't want to know the statistics, they want their homes saved.

I managed to get out yesterday after 3 days of heavy rain and strong winds. I was anxious about being anxious and my corner shop trip was not it's usual easy glide.
    This thing where you can't focus and your eyes feel like their smoked is seconds, but is still enough to make me worry. But I kept going talking to myself in my head and distracted myself by talking about bin liners.
    The next two shops were better, which was just as well because we got trapped in one when a heavy shower came down. That wouldn't deter me from running away, but Mr C didn't fancy it, so I turned into hyper mode talking the hind legs off a donkey. No, not a real one, lol, in this case the assistant behind the counter. I felt pretty proud staying put for at least 20 minutes.

I still have this chest discomfort, but it comes and goes.
    From a mild ache and being tender to a whiplash of excruciating pain. It's strange because there are days when it feels like it's healed and then it's back the next day. it doesn't affect stretching, lifting, walking, breathing, carrying. But if I twist suddenly or laugh uncontrollably (which is not that often), back it comes with a vengeance.
    With the acid reflux / bile /Gerd, I've changed my eating habits and finding relief already.
    I've ditched the toast for porridge thinking it might line the stomach better. I've cut out crisps with my lunch and replaced with grapes. I cook meats in their own natural fat and have my potatoes with no butter.
    I've had a breakthrough with chocolate too.
    Better quality chocolate doesn't react with me.
    I don't have much so it doesn't become too costly and I can eat small pieces and enjoy it without the burn.

So glad you found him, Carnation!

Two days after getting our most recent kitten (a couple of years back), I got a panicked morning call from my husband - he'd accidentally left the back door open and ten-week-old Dewey couldn't be found anywhere. Luckily I work half a mile from home; I'm a pretty large person but I practically ran the whole way home to where Mr Iris was in tears.

...Of course, he was asleep behind a box under the crafting desk, and looked most put out at being woken up.

The things the little furry monsters put us through!

Thanks BlueIris x
    Oh yes, that's happened to us. Looking frantically for our lost boy and all the time, he's been huddled up in some corner or box.
    It doesn't help when they don't respond to calling them, but I suppose they can't see the problem like we do.

Oh gosh I’d be frantic - I’m a dog person (have three German Shepherds lol, will try and attach a pic of two of them for your viewing pleasure!!) but all our furry kids are family regardless of species!!! And yeah I’d be a mess. I’m so glad you found your fur-baby!! What a nightmare.

And not to make light of the situation - but isn’t it funny just how much we’re capable of when really put to the test? The anxiety that can normally be so incredibly crippling takes a backseat and lets us run all over the place when we have to. Kinda crazy. But with me, that still doesn’t make a load of difference during my next anxiety spell. I can remind myself all day long that I couldn’t have done that if I had X illness, but when you’re locked in the attack it’s hard to reason your way out. 2ECD8809-1D65-4FD2-AF8E-19EF34E11957.jpg

Page 230 of 685 FirstFirst ... 130180220228229230231232240280330 ... LastLast

Thread Information