Page 140 of 691 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150190240640 ... LastLast
Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 6905

Thread: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Re: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Yup, all you said makes perfect sense, at least to me. I totally agree with people not talking enough about their feelings and what's honestly going on with them. I can not tolerate small talk. It bores me, is a waste of time, and helps people avoid what they should truly be talking to each other about. Can you imagine what a better world this would be if everyone HONESTLY told the person they're chatting with how they are FEELING that day? We would all connect on a higher level and be able to help and support each other so much more than wasting time talking about the weather.

I'm not surprised at all that you are going through a bad spell and woke up feeling negative and unmotivated today. Why wouldn't you???? You're not sleeping well and the heat and humidity alone is enough to have that affect on a person! Or maybe it's just me, but I am totally agitated, annoyed, and on the verge of tears when I'm too warm. I snap at my husband, I don't feel like talking, I certainly don't feel like doing anything, and even if I go take a shower to get rid of that yucky, sticky feeling, what's the point because you can't seem to stop perspiring long enough to ever be totally dry. You put your clothes back on after the shower feeling just as clammy and sticky as before you showered.

I was attempting a project around the house yesterday and it was at the top of the staircase of the basement. That section does not receive any direct blast from any of the air conditioners so it's a bit warmer than the rest of the house. I kept slamming things and swearing and throwing my hands up in frustration and when hubby asked what was wrong, I said "I can't take this heat in this section of the house!" So I would work there for 10 minutes at a time and then go take a break in the cold section of the house, but that caused the project to take a lot longer than it should have.

If I were to wake up hot and know that I was in for another full day of heat and humidity, I absolutely would be mentally and emotionally miserable. Maybe that's just me, but I think that's a big part of what you're feeling. How can you possibly turn your anxiety and mood around when you can't find any relief? Can you possibly purchase a small AC unit at least just for the bedroom? You need some relief and an escape, and a good night's sleep!

Well, it got to 29c on the coast yesterday and with the high humidity was very uncomfortable. Although London was a lot more and I had the unfortunate experience in 2015 of experiencing the off the scale temperature of 37c which was recorded at Heathrow. Although it didn't kill me, it was a good 12 hours of fuelled anxiety and panic.
    The temperature is expected to rise throughout the week with a possible 32c on the East coast which to my knowledge has not been reached before. And I'm struggling with trying to find dinners that don't require using an oven or hob. We are not salad people and Mr C won't eat it at all.
    Sue, we are looking at portable air conditioning units and not only pricey but will not arrive in time anyway. It's going on the wishlist though.
    Heat fuels my anxiety and my sleep and with Mr C as a patient with gout is really testing my patience. He's like a bear with a sore head and he is constantly fidgeting, especially at night.
    My negativity and feeling down from yesterday has turned into agitation and grumpy mode. And when it is this hot, I can't do anything without breaking out in a sweat and sitting still is just not in my makeup.
    So I'm trying to find things on the tv to watch while I scout the Internet for more online shopping. So this could be a an expensive week.
    Yes, I wonder why having a shower makes you so hot Sue? Must be something to do with the temperature change.
    And of course our stay cation had turned in to being trapped in an oven like home and being held hostage by burning sun rays. Not getting out in the garden is making me even more agitated.
    So I'm trying to look for the positives which is near enough impossible, but the evenings outside are really quite amazing, it's like being on holiday in Spain but without the Spanish villa to keep you cool. So, I've decided to alfresco dinnertime, if only I can find meals that don't kill me from the heat in the kitchen. Unfortunately Mr C will not eat certain things like salad, vegetables, seafood and so on it leaves me with a hard task.

Cold meals haha...guess what we're having tomorrow? Curry

Keep your feet cool at night, apparently that lowers your core temperature. A hot water bottle filled with cold water and put your feet on it in bed. Cold showers don't work because your body is tricked into thinking you're freezing so it ups your temperature.
    this house is quite cool. It's old and the walls are over a foot thick. Trouble is I have to work outside a lot.
    on the plus side...we've only got to get through until Friday, then it cools down

Ghost…Spillways

I've always found the best way to cool off is a lukewarm shower - as Darksky says, cold ones only make you shiverish, but if you have it just barely warm it can do the job nicely and will be a lot less of a shock to step under, too.

Isn't spicy food good for the heat Darksky?
    But Mr C won't eat anything with spice, not even onion.
    Yes, I've heard that cool showers / baths have the adverse affect. So do freezing cold drinks. So before you fill your glass full of ice cubes, think again.
    Think we may be having fish and chips a lot this week.
    This is not what I had in mind for our holiday, but back to the 'you can't plan stuff' scenario again.
    Last edited by Carnation; 23-07-19 at 14:29.

Well technically fish and chips is seafood Mr.C. Albeit heavily disguised in batter.

The only thing Mr.D won't eat (well he will, but he moans with every bite) is pasta. Hates the texture. Even skinny spag Bol.

three more days, we can do this! And think, come December we will be moaning about how cold it is. Oh and Christmas, we will certainly be moaning about Christmas. That thread will open again, the Christmas and new year survival guide

I think I'm going to make a real effort to stop moaning about things I can't control. Just roll with it. How long do you think I will last? I'm sure I can manage a good couple of hours.

Ghost…Spillways

Yes, I know Darksky, I've told Mr C that fish comes out of the sea. but he won't look at a prawn, screws his nose up at crab and their close related family, but he'll eat scampi, which I've just remembered. Which is prawns!
    He won't eat curry, Chinese, pasta, lasagna or anything with a name that sounds remotely foreign.
    He is ultimately a meat and potato man and that means me slaving in a hot kitchen.

A few more days is better than weeks and the body does start adapting to the temperature. Then the storm at the weekend will practically keep me hostage as well.
    Our car doesn't have air-con, because Mr C still hasn't got round to fixing it. so my air-con is flapping a piece of card in front of my face and sitting astride like some old Spanish woman. (No offence to old Spanish women, but that's what you see as you walk through the town on a hot blistering day in Spain). I'm now becoming one of them.

Oh my, my heart is breaking for you, Mrs. C. Maybe I'm a real wuss, but I just can't seem to tolerate the heat now that I'm older. As soon as my skin starts to break a sweat, I feel agitated, angry, depressed, and tired. I'm not sure the actual shower makes me more hot, I guess it's because when I get out of the shower and am drying off I'm in the upstairs of the house where I normally keep it warmer (until it's time to retire for the evening, then I crank up the AC up there and lower it downstairs).

I guess it's a cultural thing because I can't even imagine not having quick and easy access to AC. I can walk into any store within a few miles of my house and walk out with one. I guess it's a staple in America, not so much where you live. But I think you should bite the bullet and find the finances to buy/order one. It will set your mind at ease that you won't have to deal with this next year, and I really think having at least one room in your house that you can escape to during the heat waves will make a big difference on your mental attitude.

The meals? Ugh. If Mr. C. is a picky eater, then tell HIM to make dinner for the both of you! I'm fortunate that hubby will eat anything I put in front of him, thank God. As far as cold meals, how about sandwiches? Side of cole slaw or potato salad or macaroni salad? Tuna salad? Egg salad? Hell, put a bowl of cereal in front of him and call it a day! Or my old standby for a quick meal that always gets a standing ovation from hubby is bacon and eggs. Scrambling eggs only requires one burner for a few minutes, and there are some really nice microwave bacon cookers that work very well!

OK, my hat is off to you..... I could not be in a car without AC during a heat wave. I would probably kill someone with my agitation and discomfort. My, I am a spoiled brat! But truly, I sympathize with you and hope you find some relief soon. Spray your clothing with water and then sit in front of a fan if you have to!
    Sue

Bacon and eggs Mr C loves bacon and eggs and so quick to cook Sue you are going to cringe when I tell you he doesn't like coleslaw, he doesn't like potato salad, he doesn't like macaroni, he doesn't like pasta, or cheese and only likes one type of cereal. He's the fussiest person I've ever met! And guess what? He can't cook.
    How he looked after me for 3 months when I had a breakdown 5 years and was a pathetic lump of nothingness, I really don't know.
    I had lots of things on toast and jacket potatoes and cake.
    If it wasn't for him, I think I would've not eaten at all because at that time I literally could not function.
    I just wish it was a bit easier for me as a cook.

The heatwave has pushed my anxiety up again and the media is making it worse!
    I'm a very lucky girl to be 5 minutes from the sea and there are people much worse off than me.
    But my anxiety has taken over and every time I stand still I feel like someone is pushing me over. The boredom over the last 4 or 5 days hasn't helped. I need to be busy ALL THE TIME! But because of the heat I just can't concentrate. I've overdosed on the tv and I can't sit still to read. I am definitely not a summer person. And thankfully I don't work anymore. Those days of commuting back and forth to London are now history.

Ding ding ding..... we have a winner: bacon and eggs! Thanks for reminding me how lucky I am that hubby is not a picky eater. But truly, if he were, I think he would have to learn to cook or we'd be eating out a lot.

I think it's time to dust off your meditation CD's or re-visit whatever meditation techniques work best for you. Plop yourself down in front of a fan and force yourself to meditate. Start with 5 minutes at a time, and build up by a minute each day or two. You need to quiet your mind and your body, and accept that these hot days are not the time to be busying yourself. Go meditate on the beach!
    Sue

Page 140 of 691 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150190240640 ... LastLast

Thread Information