Page 297 of 685 FirstFirst ... 197247287295296297298299307347397 ... LastLast
Results 2,961 to 2,970 of 6849

Thread: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Re: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

That's the answer cake and chocolate it should be on prescription 😁 Carnation l prescribe you a slice of cake four times a day and a bar of chocolate three times a day for a week xx

And maybe a bucket near by 🤮 hehehe

Oh yes Mrs S. I definitely followed your advice, lol.

I'm so pleased Easter weekend is out of the way. Unless you have gorgeous weather it's just another version of a lockdown for me.
    Despite the weather I've managed 4 trips to the beach in the last week. Some might say, "lucky you", but between my anxious and agoraphobia I've only managed about 4 visits in the last few years.
    But now I'm managing a good hour each time and it's now my 'Happy Place'. I take cake (lol) and a flask so there's no panicking about being hungry and being thirsty. And go to the loo about 3 times before I leave.
    It's been cold and I've had to wrap up but I quite like that as I can hide in my cocoon.

As I said, I had a difficult week. It passed and did me no harm. At the time I felt is if my head was going to combust and after some much needed relaxation and winding down I could feel the release of tension.

So I'm less than a week the Country will be once open again after almost 6 months of being shut up, cooped up and cut off. I'm in no hurry to buy things and if the lockdown has taught me anything, there's very little I need. It does please me to know the shops will once again be trading and there if I need them.
    The stay cation will be in full flow next week too and that will put a damper on my venturing out. I don’t like crowds, I don't like noise and I hate queueing or driving around trying to find somewhere to park.
    With that in mind I've made a short list of places to visit that I know won't be affected by the mob and it will be challenge for me.
    My anxiety is still felt but I'm learning to just carry on regardless. It's been 7 years since I've been labelled with this condition and this may sound weird but the pandemic and lockdowns now show other people how it is to feel the way we do. For the last year I've felt like I've fitted in more and to my surprise, stepped up against normal people and faced the fear. It's made me stronger and I've gained more confidence. Although I have a way to go, I'm not going backwards and that's the most important factor.

I'm definitely suffering from the 'fed up' syndrome.
    I'm not going to say depression and have no idea if it actually that, so I'm using 'fed up' as the terminology for the way I feel. And before someone says there are people much worse off than me, I know that! But I'm still fed up!
    I've been like this for a while now and I thought if I get fed up annoyances down on paper it might help to rid the feeling. So here goes.....
    I'm fed up obviously with the lockdown. I'm fed-up with the rooms I've been in almost 24/7 and looking at the same stuff day after day. I'm fed-up with cooking. I'm fed-up with short dates on my Supermarket deliveries and having to change my routine to accommodate that. It's like overdosing on the veg for 2 days, then nothing! I'm fed-up with the cat food shortages and having to source it elsewhere. I'm fed-up with things breaking in the house. I'm fed up with holding on the line waiting for customer services to answer. I'm fed up with the tv and all its scaremongering and depressing adverts. I'm fed up with still paying full price for some services that should have been discounted during the lockdown such as the tv license and car insurance. I'm fed up with people cutting down trees and upsetting the birds. I'm fed up with neighbours making a noise early in the morning when I've had a poor night's sleep and want to sleep in. I'm fed-up with the Internet cutting out. I'm fed up with what seems the longest winter ever! I'm fed up with wearing pyjamas because I can't be asked to get dressed if I'm not going out. I'm fed up with Mr C moaning all day. I'm fed up constantly reminding Mr C to do things. I'm fed up with him treating me more like his mother than his partner and not understanding the terminology 'Me Time'. I'm fed up with the anger and hostility that has formed since the pandemic started. I'm fed up with hearing more and more restrictions from the Government on our lives and freedom. I'm fed up of hearing about Whitty's charts. I'm fed up of hearing about the latest whims like the size of their breasts or relationship breakup. I'm fed up with myself for allowing me to be fed up when I do know others are struggling more than me.
    I know we can't live in a perfect world and I wish these things didn't affect me so, but they do.
    So now I've put most of it down I'm hoping I'll feel better and not so fed-up!

Just to let any readers know, I'm ok.
    I'll update soon. x ❤️

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    Just to let any readers know, I'm ok.
    I'll update soon. x ❤️
    Thinking of you Carnation. It certainly has been an awful time with so much unpredictability that never sits well with us does it. Hang in there

Thank you fishman

It's been quite a while since I've posted and that's ok if it's for the right reasons.
    People will make the assumption that you are either ill or cured. But sometimes you just feel empty and words just don't come out.
    So here's my update.....
    I've had periods of staring into space, unmotivated and feeling sorry for myself. But I've also managed to accomplish many fears.
    I visit the beach regularly (weather permitting).
    I've been shopping in places I've been too fearful to enter for at least 2 years.
    I've ventured on a trip out of my town.
    I've been gardening and clearing out the garage.
    Going for walks, even on my own.
    And for the first time in nearly 2 years, I drove the car a little, on my own!
    I'm even finding the kitchen fear a little easier and for the first time in a very long time I can make a meal or a cuppa without feeling like I'm about to die any minute.
    Anxiety is still apparent. It's there. If course it is.
    But I'm starting to understand the letting it be. It doesn't work everytime but enough to give me a day of relief of constant fear.
    The attitude of not giving a sh ite any more certainly helps and I think if you are tired of fighting, that is the only option.
    It's been 7 years and they say life goes in 7 year cycles. Maybe I'm on my way to a better life, who knows, but I'm grateful for the improvements in my life so far.
    Unless you have suffered from anxiety you can have no idea how debilitating it can be, let alone life sucking.
    So to all my friends and readers I send you Hope and virtual hugs. xx

Carnation this is a wonderful post. I’m so proud of you that you’ve managed to push through the anxiety and accomplish so many things that you’ve been avoiding. Each time you do these things, it will get easier - so they say. But each time is also a victory that you should celebrate! You are much stronger than your anxiety, good on your for not letting it win!

things are pretty boring over my way. I’m now 4 weeks post 2nd vaccine dose so have visited a couple restaurants we used to frequent pre-covid. Not going to lie, it was a little strange. But I enjoyed it anyway! Have been in a couple shops, also strange after a year of not stepping foot in any.

I have workers expanding my deck on the rear of my house, lumber prices are ridiculous right now but it’s something I’ve wanted done since we bought the house 5 years past. It should be done this weekend so I plan to smoke some ribs on my traeger and have a lovely meal on the new deck.

Took a vacation day today and haven’t done much with it. Just relaxed and watched tv for the most part. Did manage to mow the yard before the rain started. Now I’m lay here just reading and listening to the rain. It’s been a good day.

What a lovely way to end a message glassgirlw.
    'It's been a good day'
    Thank you for your kind words and praise, it means so much! People that struggle rarely get praise because they spend their life in a silent struggle to the outside world, even their family and friends. And somehow we find it so hard to praise ourselves or are scared to incase it all comes tumbling down on us the next day / week /month.
    In hindsight we shouldn't worry about the future and just live in the present moment. But isn't that the crux of our anxieties. Worrying what will be, what will happen, what will become of us?
    How right you are when you say things are strange now.
    In some ways I feel life has been adapted for my anxiety without people knowing my fears.
    On the other hand it feels like a mirage of movement and fake reality.
    It's hard to adapt to when our routines have been the stability in our lives. And if we can overcome our fears during all of this, it can only give us more confidence and hope.
    Just hearing other people's 'good days' can fill us with hope. And when they are bad, we understand that too.
    Anxiety will constantly remind us of our fears. Our will is stronger than that and we have to keep that in mind. ❤️

So as true to form I've had a few glitches where anxiety is concerned, who doesn't? But to be fair I've had some quite stressing things to deal with. It's how we react to those that I'm finding the most difficult.
    The norm would be to run to my bed or huddle up on the sofa until the feeling passes. And what I'm trying to do is just let anything stressful go over my head. (Try telling my brain that).
    I also find a bad day will haunt me most when I want to sleep and no matter what I try to do, it does prevent me from relaxing and putting it down to 'That's Life'.
    It seems to be people that affect me the most. A passing sarcastic comment, a letdown, selfish or greedy behaviour, rudeness, judgement, anger, jealousy, ignorance.
    All these things upset my apple cart and somehow I need to NOT this bother me or relocate to a desert like location.
    Apart from that, I'm not doing too bad.
    Health Anxiety rears it's ugly head from time to time. Then I remind myself how lucky I am as I could have something far more worrying to worry about.
    I'm going out regularly, keeping busy. (That garage is still not cleared, sigh).
    The garden is blooming with all my hard work and I have seedlings waiting for their new venture in the outside. Just like me
    Weather has been a major holdback to any plans of venturing further than my town, but I'm at the ready to explore my newfound confidence when the sun shines again.
    Keep going and you'll be surprised what you can achieve. xx

Page 297 of 685 FirstFirst ... 197247287295296297298299307347397 ... LastLast

Thread Information