Page 103 of 685 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153203603 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 6850

Thread: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Re: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Thanks, Darsky, a lot of very wise and comforting words. Yes, I have found a hobby that I am addicted to (Diamond Painting) and I also have my outdoor ponds and gardens and will be out there a lot once the weather starts cooperating. For the first 3 weeks of "retirement" I ran myself ragged remodeling a room and felt great - it's this "relax and enjoy having no chores or deadlines" that I struggle with. Everyone's advice is very helpful, but I guess the suggestion I have the most trouble with is accepting and allowing the symptoms. I really have no idea how to do that since I have been conditioned to panic when I feel the panic starting, and yes, now I bring them on by checking for their presence all the time. OK, I guess that's my goal for today..... let it happen, feel it, don't fight it and don't get angry with it. Wish me luck!
    Sue

Pulisa you are so right about free time being unhelpful for us anxiety people. Keeping busy, even if its the drudge of daily housework, occupies our thoughts that would otherwise have a free reign. And Carnation that is some list of anxiety symptoms!!

Yes fishman, it is and I've probably missed some off.
    I agree Darksky, after I left my GP I really felt it was the end.
    Pulisa, great advice as always.
    Sue, thank you for thinking I am better than I am.
    xxxx

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

You kept it short too! What if you'd written out the full list? Attack of vapours?

Disgusting if you ask me, Carn

Never Surrender, Comrade

A list is for eliminating KK, including the disgusting bits

Quote Originally Posted by KK77 View Post
    You kept it short too! What if you'd written out the full list? Attack of vapours?

Disgusting if you ask me, Carn
    And to think, she developed all those symptoms in 5 years or less! You are an over-achiever, Carnation!

Today I am happy with my GP. I had written to her through her online board last night stating that I would like to try increasing my Prozac from 20 mg. to 30 mgs. and when I got up this morning there was a message from her office that she had called a new prescription into the pharmacy for me. Can't hurt, and it might help, so we'll see how I feel in a week or two. I'm expecting some side affects from the increased dose but will focus on NOT dwelling on them and just accepting that they will pass.

Happy weekend to all of us anxiety warriors, because we truly are!
    Sue

Thank you for your post!
    I feel warm and not alone in this journey after reading it.
    Thanks!

You are definitely not alone candybear

Haha Sue, that's exactly what got me in to this fix in the first place, 'overachieving'. That and a strange upbringing and a few traumas thrown in to the mix.

Speaking of traumas. I drove another 6 miles yesterday chauffeuring my other half around with his gamy gout ridden foot. And he will insist on talking about putting the world to right when I'm driving.
    In the end I had to tell him to shut up!
    "Don't you know how difficult this is for me", I snapped at him. Then it was worse because I could then sense his sulking and was aware of his tightly folded arms.
    I then made him reward me in the form of a treat of fish and chips that I drove to, sort of on purpose.
    So I've been driving all week and still waiting for that, "I'm going to die" feeling, but it never came.
    Yes, I was scared and nervous, but to my delight I suffered no consequences.
    However, I have yet to drive on my own yet and further than the local town.
    "Baby steps, don't rush it and bulldoze in to the wild", I am telling myself.
    For now, it looks as though I am spending my weekend with 'Hannah'. That's the storm, not Woody Allen's film.

Way to go, C! Nothing worse than white-knuckling a driving challenge (and for us they are truly challenges) and having a passenger yacking your ear off. That's how I'm doing on my short jaunts on the highway now.... definitely scared and anxious, but no actual panic attack.

My GP agreed that I should try raising my dose of Prozac from 20 mg. to 30 mg. so I started that yesterday. Awaiting the lousy side effects that I went through when I first started this med, but HOPING that since it's already in my system and I'm only increasing a small amount, they won't be too bad. I am feeling very antsy today but I might have felt that way even if I didn't raise the dose so time will tell.

I will try to adopt your "baby steps" theory but instead my mind tells me "Enough of this suffering, it's time to be rid of it and truly live for whatever remaining years I have left!". I, too, am an over-achiever and not accustomed to not succeeding in everything I do. D@mn anxiety, breaking my perfect record of success.

Stormy weather can be good - it gives us an excuse to stay on the couch and do nothing!
    Sue

How are doing Darksky?
    Are you on the market yet or still in the throws of making good and decluttering?
    I have to admit I am still decluttering myself.
    Mr C is terrible, he wants to keep everything!

Sue, I'm stubborn too. Strong willed, a bit 'no-one can do as good as me' or how I visualise something. I have issues with trust and letting go and it took a breakdown to learn the concept of relaxation and 'Me' time.
    I do have patience in most things, but unfortunately not with people. If I send a text or make a call, I expect to be answered within a reasonable timespan and if I get no answer at all, that person gets crossed off my list of respect. I'm at that age now where I don't like to mess about or waste my time.
    I had much anger about most things pre 5 years ago and now I am learning to just walk away or turn my head.
    Pent up anger only manifests in the form of pain in the human body. So it's important to let go.
    I'm also a believer in fate and put my trust in that more so now. Everything happens for a reason, well that's what I like to believe.
    Last edited by Carnation; 28-04-19 at 12:33.

Page 103 of 685 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153203603 ... LastLast

Thread Information