Page 105 of 693 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115155205605 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 6929

Thread: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Re: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

What a lovely comment WiredIncorrectly
    Maybe flat packs should be renamed agro packs!

My other half loves flat packs, I can't get a look in when he gets one to make up.

Really? He could get a living out of that BlueIris

He could, and it might fund my shameful Lego habit at that.

I love a good flat pack usually it means a trip to Ikea though, which I find a very claustrophobic shop but worth it to come back with a flat pack. Last time was a double bed. It maybe that they feed my need to be doing something. Distraction I suppose. Like this afternoon, I've got to get my arm down the outside drain. Mr.D has a habit of chucking coffee down the sink and he's blocked it. Mr. muscle has given up, so as my hands are smaller I've got to get it out. Most people..yuk, but me...it's something to distract myself.

We have slowed down...or rather Mr.D has. I think it's because he's just retired he wants to adjust to that before he sells up. So I just go along with it. I'm not unhappy so I'll wait until he's ready. Just damn annoying all the painting I did. Even cleaning the oven remember! I'm trying to keep it clean and tidy so when he decides he's ready it won't be such a mountain of mess to sort. It's hard because I'm not naturally a clean freak

Ghost…Spillways

A bed??? oh my Darksky.
    If that was Mr C I'd be sleeping vertical.
    I know what you mean, I'm not constantly hoovering and dusting, I do it in a 'as and when needed' situation.
    As I've grown older, it's not the most important stuff in my life.

Carnation definitely has a way with words.... she seems to be able to put in text what the rest of us think, feel and experience. Her writings make the rest of us feel more "normal", so thank you for that, Carnation.

If I had to do something HUGE like pack up my house or apartment, I would be a ball of non-stop energy and would not have any issues with anxiety, UNTIL I finally had a day or evening to crash and "relax". I would first probably sleep for 2 solid days, and then when I got up to go back to "normal" routine, I would be full of depression and anxiety. So I guess knowing that, and expecting it most likely will happen, is the key to surviving it.

Today I woke up feeling very tired, wanting to stay in bed, and generally just beat down and have no enthusiasm towards anything. I started to worry about it, thinking "Uh oh, what's going on, why am I tired? Why am I not excited for the day ahead? Why do I have a headache?" and then I remembered that I have had a very busy week, especially yesterday which was consumed by 3 unpleasant errands and tasks, all of which ended negatively. So yes, I'm tired and need to recover. I just told my husband that if he didn't mind, I was not going to accompany him to his doctor's consult today, and he's fine with that. In the past, I would have pushed myself to go and to also get a number of things done today that are on "My List". I think I may be starting to learn this retirement lifestyle: you do NOT have to be doing something every minute of every day!

Sounds like you learned that lesson, Carnation, so kudos to you for taking the evening to lie in bed and read your book!
    Sue

Well thank you kindly Sue, I purely say it like it is, warts n all.
    Ahh, you ARE beginning to get it Sue. This relaxation thing and not bulldozing the day to pieces.
    You are right about one thing. I've found an abundance of energy with moving to this new place.
    I made a decision to take it easier today. Duvet morning, long soak in the bath, watched a fifties film having lunch, then relaxed while listening to Mr C wrestling with the flat pack. He's clocked up 7 hours so far and it's still not finished.
    Anyway, I don't feel any better for it, worse in fact, but I know I will tomorrow and the uo and coming days.
    What I am saying is sometimes you just have to 'be'. Be a bit bored, be a bit listless, be a bit empty, so you can carry on with all those things ticking over in your brain.
    And to my delight, we are travelling in Sunday now.

My trip is tomorrow can I use hay fever as an excuse not to go?
    I've already moved the day three times. I haven't pacjrd, but stuff is ready via my list.
    I've got myself in to a state mentally over this and my thoughts are haunting me every moment of the day.
    Yes, I know I'm capable, it's somewhere I know well and familiar with, it's not for long and I'm not on my own. BUT, those negative thoughts have taken over and the change in weather is not helping.
    I know I've just got to go for it and get it over with. I've built this up in to a mountain affect of worries.

So I presume Mr. Cs brother is not helping. You would think he would want a memento of his mother wouldn't you?

In this situation I would be thinking. It's just the two of us...no one else will be there. It will be car, to house and back to car again and then home. No one to see, no meetings, just the two of you, so if you feel the need to sit outside for a while he'll understand.

A bigger monster than anxiety itself is it's big brother...Anticipatory anxiety. This is the absolute pits and it's what you are going through now. Unless something major happens...no, hay fever doesn't count try your hardest to go, so it will put an end to the anticipatory rubbish which is what's bugging you.

Time never stands still and this will be over by Sunday night and you'll be sat watching Country File like most of us.

What happened to Mrs. C seniors teddy? Did it go with her or is it at the house. Was thinking it would be nice to keep, if it's there.

Ghost…Spillways

Page 105 of 693 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115155205605 ... LastLast

Thread Information