Page 132 of 693 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132133134142182232632 ... LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 6929

Thread: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Re: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Thank you, Joe and Pulisa, for joining this thread! Always nice to hear your comments and thoughts and I agree with them! Acceptance. intellectually I know that that is the solution to a LOT of my issues. Not so easy to accomplish, but I truly know that is the key. I will keep practicing, and I will get back to practicing my meditation as I'm sure it's not something that has any profound affects in the first week or even the first month.

Yes, I'm searching want ads and hospital sites for a part-time job that will still allow me the freedom of some days off and sleeping late, but will get me out of the house and feeling productive and useful again. And I'm "accepting" that the right job will come along when it's meant to. I really should take the full 6 months of not working that I always promised myself I would take, but it might take that long to find something and I need to remind myself not to feel obligated to accept any job offer I might get.

Perfect description, AJ! "Acted out bullsh/t sessions!" That's exactly what they feel like to me! Making small talk with people you hardly know, may never see again, and honestly don't really care about so truly don't care to hear the mundane details of their daily life. I always feel like it's such a waste of precious time when I would so much rather be in my home surrounded by the things I do love and care about.

Speaking of which, challenging myself with animal stuff is the thing that keeps me getting up in the morning and makes me dance with excitement and giggle with joy. When I came home last night and noticed that one of my seahorses had given birth in my absence I was elated and spent hours staring into the tank, while also being sad I wasn't there to watch him give birth. And when I rescue a newborn bird or squirrel? The challenge and victory of watching them grow and thrive is the most wonderful feeling that keeps me so glad to be a part of this amazing world.

Thanks to all for sharing, and for the reminder to accept and be patient with myself. I was still lying in bed trying to sleep when I heard the morning birds singing. No idea why I can't sleep even though my body is tired, but I will accept that this too shall pass.
    Sue

Pulisa, your agitation and anxiety have been pushed to the limits lately and you are proof you can come out the other side.
    But, how to avoid agitation, well you can't. How to deal with agitation? That is something I'm still trying to work out.

Joe, I too have recently moved and wonder if I am experiencing the after effects of that.
    I've had to push myself pretty hard and do some things that I've not been comfortable with.
    Now I am settled, I am beginning to think the effects of that are coming out!
    I've noticed my reflux has returned, my stomach pains and nausea has returned, my ability to relax is short lived as is the ability to sleep peacefully and uninterrupted. :(
    I couldn't even manage 1 shop today. As soon as someone I knew asked me if I was alright, my body freaked, panic rose and I thought I was going to collapse there on the spot.
    I could barely get back to the car and once sat in the passenger seat burst in to tears.
    Once home, I took a long hard look at myself in the mirror to see if there were any signs of danger in the way of pale skin, flushed face or any other ill like signs. To me, I couldn't see anything more than usual but that comment will stay with me until I go to bed, wake up and go out the next time. There's the circle and feeding of anxiety.
    Last edited by Carnation; 05-07-19 at 19:46.

So sorry, Mrs. C. I find one of the hardest parts of dealing with our anxiety issue is the unpredictability of it.... never knowing when it's going to hit, when we're going to have a good day, or a bad hour, or when we're going to have to suddenly leave and escape. Wouldn't it be great if we could make a deal with ourselves to allow a certain amount of time each day or week for anxiety and be free of it the other hours? (Sorry, there goes my corporate, scheduling brain again!)
    Sue

Thank you Sue, I'm sure I'll turn myself around. I've had enough practice.

Seahorse therapy sounds as if it's spot on for you, Sue!

I think you need some Feline therapy, Carnation? Keep things simple and stay as cool as you can in this heat?x

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Seahorse therapy sounds as if it's spot on for you, Sue!

I think you need some Feline therapy, Carnation? Keep things simple and stay as cool as you can in this heat?x
    OMG, yes! Carnation needs a pet!!!!! Even if it's just a parakeet, it would make a world of difference! I do dog rescue so never have less than 3 in the house at a time. I could never, EVER imagine living without animals in the house. Nor would I want to!
    Sue

I have indoor guinea pigs!

Carnation already has a beautiful cat, Sue! In my book pets/animals are far more therapeutic than all the meditation/mindfulness sessions under the sun!

Yes, I do Pulisa a Siberian Forest Cat.
    I've worked with animals a lot in the past including rescuing and its still in my blood.
    I think it's amazing you have seahorses Sue, absolutely amazing!
    And one of the first things you did Pulisa post your Op was tend to your guinea pigs.
    Five years ago the advice from 111 after confirming me with a panic attack and not a HA was to get a pet.
    Imo, putting your attention to animals and plants is the best therapy by a mile!

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    a Siberian Forest Cat.
    Really? How cool! They're like Maine Coons. I love exotic breeds! We have a Pixie Bob and he is by far the coolest animal I've ever shared my life with. Animals are therapeutic and I know for a fact, our boy helped me heal from cancer both physically and mentally.

I guess you can say my safe place is anywhere he's cuddled up with me and purring I could be having the worst day and he'll make it better.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Yes, that's it fishmanpa, the safe place is with your pet/pets!

Page 132 of 693 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132133134142182232632 ... LastLast

Thread Information