Page 143 of 693 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145153193243643 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 6929

Thread: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Re: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

I think we are introverts (meaning being around people drains us of our energy, and we then need to retreat to alone time to recharge our batteries) and most others are extroverts (meaning they GET their energy from other people and need other people to recharge their batteries). I know I am an introvert, and sounds like your husband is an extrovert. Yes, it would solve a lot of problems if he would start doing things without you!

My anxiety is still rising, not sure why, but suspecting it's the upcoming travel in 2 weeks. If I recall, I always start getting anxious, sick, and tired a week or two before my trips. I just contacted my hypnotherapist and asked if he could see me next week. He did such amazing work with my fear of driving on highways - if he can give me that kind of relief about flying and traveling, I would be a happy camper!

And yes, you and I may very well become those strange old ladies .... but I'm not sure I care anymore.
    Sue

Yes, I'm definitely an introvert. And Mr C certainly seems to get his energy from others. He likes to be centre of attention and his career proved that, while I'm happy to be in the background. I've often wondered what attracted Mr C to me as I won't give him that feed he so desires.
    But they do say opposites attract.

I have no doubts Sue, it is the looming trip topping up your anxiety. Remember the last time when you were going to pull out and ended up going last minute?
    Deep down you know you are more than capable and you want to go, but doubts arise and you over obsess on the thoughts of capabilities and what could happen.
    It's expected that you get cold feet and it's expected you will have pre nerves. That's what you need to tell yourself. x

Thanks, Mrs. C. I'm sure you're right about the anxiety being due to the upcoming trip. I guess even people without anxiety issues/panic attacks probably stress a little before travel so I should stop trying to deny it and just accept it. Of course knowing the cause doesn't get rid of it, but I'll just try to chalk it up to something I have to deal with until I'm back home again.

But how's THIS for new anxiety? I have been trying to clear up my blocked ears and sinuses for weeks, broke down and took an antibiotic a few weeks ago because I refused to try Prednisone. It didn't work and it's been getting worse so I went to a walk-in clinic last night and the physician confirmed that I have a lot of fluid in both of my ears. He urged I take a dose of Prednisone for it and I expressed my fear of that stuff since I know it causes people anxiety, hyper-activity, and insomnia, but he assured me he'd give me a short course of a low dose. Since I have to get on a plane in 2 weeks, I agreed. I took my first dose a few hours ago so we'll see!

I do very well out in public and in social settings - I'm usually the life of the party! But what no one sees is that it is a serious struggle to be there and I am anxiously and eagerly counting the minutes until I can leave, breathe a sigh of relief, and not see anyone for a few days so I can recover. So once an introvert, always an introvert, and I just now know that whenever possible I have to plan for my downtime after any event.

We need to get Mr. C enrolled in a group or club or classes or somewhere he can go to socialize and be an extrovert and leave you out of it.
    Sue

Sorry to hear you are suffering Sue, and I'm sure you are eager to get this sorted before you fly. It's also possible that your ear problem is causing you the anxiety increase as well. Stresses normally come in clusters, it's never normally one thing at a time. You have time to recover. x

Thanks, I guess that's why I posted a separate thread not too long ago on here about whether or not physical illness can cause anxiety to increase. I guess it's all connected...... lots of cross-overs and functions all intertwined in these complex machines of ours.
    Sue

I'm late posting today because I had a day out.
    I've been walking, down at the beach and dare I say it communicating with other beings.
    Yes, I was a bit shaky, but so mild that eventually I'd forgotten I was.
    I find if I keep moving, keep occupied, I'm better.
    I also had a really good night's sleep last night. Only woke up once during a massive 8 hours sleep.
    We have car trouble at the moment, so looking at maybe changing the car. This may be a good thing for me as the car model we have at the moment is the same model as when I had that nasty accident.
    I'm also feeling a little more settled in my new abode which causes me to worry, how long will it last?
    I just must have something to worry about.
    I even worry about running out of milk and bread and as a result have to stock up with an unrealistic amount.
    But that's nothing compared to the anxiety that can cripple you beyond belief.
    And why is it my legs want to go 4 X my body? I literally have to rein them in as I did today. "whoa" I silently say to myself. "Concentrate" is another. I'm muttering stuff to myself all day long.
    What I've realised is there are five main factors that fuel the anxiety.
    1. Illness
    2. Stress
    3. Lack of sleep
    4. Hunger
    5. Worry
    And if I can curb all of those, I get myself a reasonably calm day. Yeah, hard task on a permanent basis which is probably why I only manage about one or two days per week of feeling ok.
    So what I need to do is manage the other days.
    Hard task again, but not impossible.
    As I've been trying to do this for 5 years, it worries me, (here I go again) that time will beat me.
    But as long as I have time I will battle and hopefully conquer.

That list of 5 thing to keep in check to reduce your anxiety:
    1. Illness
    2. Stress
    3. Lack of sleep
    4. Hunger
    5. Worry

. . . seems like an almost impossible thing to accomplish in a day, let alone on a regular basis. I don't know about you, but I can't think of a day where I've been able to check off all those boxes. And trying to strive for that might set you up for more anxiety, trying to accomplish something that is pretty challenging.

Maybe instead focus on dealing with the days when you DON'T meet all those criteria? That's apt to be the situation on most days and learning to cope with the anxiety and stress on a typical day is probably going to be more beneficial to you.
    Sue

Yep. And that doesn't include the Triggers or OCD, Phobias, depression and low self esteem. Probably many more I haven't mentioned.

The car died on us yesterday and there were a few tears.
    Bless her, she got us home to safety, then made a terrible noise which we knew was the last ever journey in her. :(
    I get quite attached to cars, I believe they have a soul, even if they don't, I could still feel her moods.
    Surprisingly I am not panicking over not having a car, but we do need one. So we are being picked up today to look at some cars at a local garage.
    I'm not a fan of being driven by strangers, buy its only a mile.
    I think I spent most of yesterday looking at cars online and felt a bit of a traitor that I was replacing our car so quickly, but needs, musts.
    Not sure yet whether the new car will be an encouraging to my present lack of driving, but as we haven't chosen one yet, I'm doing my usual 'jumping the gun'.

Mr C had his introductory appointment with our new GP yesterday that he waited two weeks for and all they did was chat. No tests or check over.
    Apparently you now have to book the necessaries with a nurse.

As for my anxiety? Well it's been a bit up and down. Obviously the car situation hasn't helped, but I learning to accept that as a normal part of life. As is the dog barking in the neighbour's garden at 8am in the morning.
    I've got to learn to shut out surrounding annoyances and that's where meditation can help.
    I was sitting in the garden yesterday thinking about meditation and suddenly realised that I was already part doing it. You don't have to sit cross-legged or lie on a bed, you can just take yourself outside find a comfortable spot and zoom in on an area that you find peaceful.
    I like to focus on a butterfly or bird, even a bee.
    I listen to the sounds of nature and not to the cars in the background or the barking dog.
    And sometimes I'll stand in the garden and stretch my arms out high to the sky and release a long breath being thankful that I am safe and well. (That's physically, not mentally).

My new book is going well. I'm a slow reader and sometimes reread a paragraph several times if it strikes a chord with me.
    I'm learning the difference between anxiety and phobias and that phobias can be born out of anxiety. They are two separate issues, but a phobia can be mistaken for anxiety.
    The good news is a phobia can be treated and cured.
    I know this is true because I've managed to deal with my phobia of spiders. And that was from understanding them, persevering with not running away screaming, staying calm and dealing with them. It's taken a long time to even do that.
    I'm particularly interested in my driving phobia as it's something I'd like to get back in to without feeling like I'm going to die all the time.
    And the other bain of my life is thunderstorms.
    But one thing at a time and the first thing is to get another car. That in itself is scary enough for me because it will be unfamiliar, but the relearning where everything is could turn out to be exactly what I need.
    Only time will tell.

Oh my, I was so anxious yesterday morning waiting for the guy to pick us up and take us to the Garage.
    All my fears.....
    Not in control of the situation.
    Being with a stranger in their car
    Having to drive a strange car
    Being trapped in a situation I can't flee from
    Going out with a potential storm rising
    Being somewhere not familiar to me......
    So, I spent most of the morning like a cat on a hot tin roof, very jumpy and fight or flight mode on the ready.
    The guy turned up early which was probably a good thing as it saved me some minutes of worrying.
    I was surprisingly not too bad when I got in the car, but the test drive was a bit nerve wrecking. Even mentioned that I was nervous a couple of times. I just wanted the ordeal over with as quick as possible. And it was. Within an hour I was back home safe and sound and wondering why I'd got myself in to such a state.
    And if you are wondering, picking the new car up today.

Anticipatory Anxiety! Overthinking, imagining the worst scenario, doubting your capabilities and fearing something that hasn't even happened.
    We are far more capable than we realise, if only our brain would stop telling us otherwise.

And I slept well last night only waking once and waking before the alarm, which is a good sign.
    I actually can't wait to get the new car, it may be what I need to get back on the road again.

Page 143 of 693 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145153193243643 ... LastLast

Thread Information