Page 148 of 692 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150158198248648 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 6918

Thread: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Re: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Thank you Tyke and it's comfort to know that I am not the only one that feels this way.
    I've always thought of myself as a realist and sometimes reality hurts or is disappointing.
    How right you are when people in the real world don't really want to talk about anxiety and you become an avoidance or a pity case. They just don't get it at all. So I end up talking to myself most of the time.
    But you can use anxiety to get out of stuff you don't want to do, so it has its advantages.

The day before yesterday I had a brilliant day free from anxiety and was able to be normal for once.
    Unfortunately the same couldn't be said for yesterday, but the heat had returned and climbed to a 28c when out yesterday. I also neglected my meditation unlike the day before when I spent a whole hour meditating.
    So I must make that a priority.
    Why is it such an ordeal to set aside meditation every day?
    I find myself saying, "I'll do it later" or "I've just eaten or I'm too tired".
    It's so important and reminds us to breathe!

You’re right, it’s so important! I must put it on my to do list!! Have a happy weekend x

Hi Scass
    My to do list outweighs my doing

Thanks for popping in, Tyke. You described what I feel to a tee. I have no desire to sit in a group of people who are one-upping each other with their accomplishments, vacations, children's milestones, what they did over the weekend, etc. Sometimes I think that makes me a cold, uncaring person, but I know that I AM most definitely a caring person and love nothing better than helping others to feel better or helping them when they are in trouble. But I could care less about the trivial, day to day stuff that most people want to chat about. I am one of those that only likes to have discussions about things with substance, that might be helpful or enlightening to others, rather than the latest pub they discovered and what was on the menu. And yes, I have kids and grandkids, but I have NEVER pulled out a photo of any of them nor do I go on and on about their first word or their first tooth. Yes, it's exciting, but it's not unique and we've all heard it or experienced it before. Your child's first step is not unique, sorry.

I love that this forum is always here, and yes, we all leave for a while, usually when we're doing better, but it's so comforting to know that this forum is always here for the times when we start to fall into that dark place again and can always find someone who understands what we're going through. So thanks for the members, and the admins, for this wonderful forum.
    Sue

I'm taking a break from this thread.
    I hope that any readers will understand that sometimes you just need to break away for a while. x

Yup, totally understand, Mrs. C. Thanks for checking in and letting us know so we don't worry. Be well, my friend.
    Sue

I took a break from my thread and can say it's made no difference to my recovery at all. In fact, I feel worse for it.
    Even though I don't really have the support on here that others seem to get and most of the time feel like an outsider to the clicky groups that form on this forum, but hey, that's life isn't it? I've never fitted in to life's social groups and not likely to now.
    For the record, I've been struggling like I've never experienced before. I've been almost a recluse in my home. I'm sensitised beyond belief and lightheaded all day long with such poor vision. I'm crying all day long and depression has now set in. My body is not allowing me to relax, althougth I am finding the simplest of tasks a major struggle. My partner is exasperated with what to do with me as I am too. None of coping methods are working and I'm scared of my own shadow.
    I contemplated phoning the Samaratans, but then decided I just couldn't be bothered. I feel like I'm fading away into oblivion, dramatic I know, but that's the way I feel.

Oh Carnation I was feeling like you last month but I managed too get myself through the darkness, I have read your thread and I reckon you are my sister from another mister.

So comforting to hear from you Quinn and even more of a comfort that you are feeling better. I like your signature piece at the bottom of the page. I strongly believe 'Will' is a key to recovery and here comes a but.....
    Depression fights you for it.
    You have no idea what a comfort it is to know someone is listening to you even if on the other side of the world.
    My tears never seem to stop lately, even now and plays havoc with my mascara.
    I feel like a child when like this looking for something to cuddle and cling on to like that is the answer to my grief. I search for films that make me weep to make me feel worse and make my other half's life a misery. I almost tell him to leave me because I can't bear the guilt of him experiencing it all.
    And a big thank you to you for hearing me.

Mrs.C, looks like I came back at the right moment
    Im sorry I haven't been around for a while, the summer is our busiest time and I've hardly had time to breathe. My online presence has been sadly lacking, sorry.

are you getting any pleasure from anything at the moment? Let's do a Buster, and look for the small stuff. The heats gone...hooray...and we have lovely Autumn days to look forward to. The birds are going to be coming back to the gardens, you need to sort your bird table out, maybe even upgrade. You should see mine, it's massive and the pleasure I get from it is enormous. I counted 19 tits at one time. There's a challenge for you. Buy a load of bulbs and plant your spring displays. Look for pheasants eye narcissi, they have the most beautiful sweet scent.

are you able to read? I have some great books that you would love I'm sure. All about cats that live in a forest.

I think you need to get some fresh air. Get some sea air deep into your lungs. This is a blip, you know it is. Read back and see how far you came. There is no reason on this earth you won't get back there. Setbacks are crap but to have one, you must have made some progress. One can't come without the other.

you can do this...

Ghost…Spillways

Page 148 of 692 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150158198248648 ... LastLast

Thread Information