Page 161 of 695 FirstFirst ... 61111151159160161162163171211261661 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,610 of 6941

Thread: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Re: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Well we've worked out it's definately food related. It comes on about an hour or so after eating. So I bought him back some Wind Relief tablets and some simple Rennies. Evening meal is the worst and he's having no supper. So it's probably wind or acid (no heartburn though) 2 days now and driving me mad, it may even be the spare room tonight. Fingers crossed tomorrow is better. Severe pain is always worrying isn't it.

Ghost…Spillways

Darksky, I forgot one other thing, constipation.
    Think you might be right about the food link.
    Our food travels down the body and sits on the left hand side. Your other half might be right about not eating.
    Whatever culprit it is, it's more likely to clear without another meal to add to the problem. But plenty of fluids, the non-alchoholic type. But in your case Darksky, a drink may suffice some calm.
    Obviously if still bad tomorrow a trip to the GP might be wise with the weekend coming up.

Well he's gone to bed early to catch up on his missed sleep from last night. He was awake hours with the pain. He said he heard a mousetrap go off in the attic around 3 am

hes not quite right but dare I say, not quite as bad as last night. So we will see what tomorrow brings. Last night after his tea, he had an energetic dog walk and a supper of a glass of beer and cheese and crackers. No problem normally, but I think he paid a price. Tonight he's just rested and ate nothing after his tea. Hopefully a couple of days being food sensible will clear it. It better had because his mournful silence is ramping up the worry. Although he is a terror with pain and illness, just can't do it at all. Man flu syndrome.

Ghost…Spillways

I hope you get some sleep too Darksky
    Get on the phone to the GP If he's still bad tomorrow. x

I can't start my post without first asking Darksky how Mr Darksky is? Oh, how I do worry about everything.

I do feel like I'm stuck in 'Groundhog Day', I awake and go through the same rituals every day with the same thoughts, the same worries and the same feelings.
    What really makes us tick, feel alive?
    I just feel like I'm surviving and not living.
    Anxiety is so exhausting I feel like I'm nursing myself all the time like a child and as people keep saying to me, "take care of myself". What does that actually mean? Wrapping yourself in cotton wool affect, not doing anything that can be seen as remotely dangerous?
    It's a phrase that's always bothered me and my late dad used to say it to me all the time! It's like already putting the fear in to my head before I take my next breath.
    Why can't people say, "have a nice time", "enjoy yourself", "be happy", "you are amazing". But, "take care" what do they mean?" That you look and sound so awful, you shouldn't do anything at all?
    Words are powerful, can be more powerful than thoughts. Yes, they are, according to my many readings, it's words that can change our thoughts.
    My two hour daily affirmations are apparently drumming in to my brain to change my thought pattern. I await with anticipation.
    How many times can I tell myself I am worthy, loved, free, safe, well and have a good future. And is it only, "If I take care of myself?" Urgh, it's so frustrating.
    What's too much, too little? It becomes a day of thinking through everything you do and I really don't want to do anymore thinking on top of the mound I already have.
    Isn't it just that, that got us into this mess in the first place?
    We can say all those affirmations of feeling worthy and safe, but do we believe what we are saying. It's like there's two of us. One saying, "no you don't, you can't" and another saying, "yes, you do, you can".
    It's so hard to listen and believe in the one voice.
    But I'll continue in hope that the one voice of positively will push through.
    Last edited by Carnation; 04-10-19 at 12:03.

Thank you for asking Mrs.C. But I don't want you adding more worry to your list. He had a full 12 hours sleep and has woken up with a thick head. Too much sleep. Treading on eggshells a bit so far, I think he's afraid of waking the Kraken. Breakfast was ok, lunch we shall see but tea tonight will be the tester. But so far so good. It's definately gas related though I reckon.

i don't think people mean anything when they say, take care. I use it all the time , don't mean a thing by it. It's just like, have a nice day. It's a way of ending a conversation. Of course if people who love you use it, it means more. It really does mean take care of yourself. Not necessarily wrapping up in cotton wool, that's taking too much care. Did you see that thing Buster wrote. Comfort zones are where dreams go to die. He jokes and makes us laugh but gems of wisdom come through too. When you really think of that, it's so damn true and really sad that all our dreams and hopes will wither away because we won't step out of what we perceive as safe zones. Recovery is outside those places, never inside. Claire Weeks and all her follow on authors are adamant on that. Just thinking of that cotton wool. Sometimes we do need time out to lick our wounds and recharge ourselves but we can't do it forever. That's when our comfort zone becomes quicksand.

carry on with those affirmations. I think stuff like that takes time. It takes a while for seeds to germinate. Nothing good comes easy so even if it seems nothing is happening, maybe in your subconscious, the seeds are taking root. Maybe add some new ones....I am stronger than anxiety....I can beat anxiety.....I will feel peace...that sort of stuff. You don't have to believe them at first, chances are you won't but you never know one day you might see results.

Anyway, "be happy"...and "enjoy yourself"

Ghost…Spillways

So it could be trapped wind Darksky. Wind can be painful and go on for days, but sleeping for 12 hours? That's a bit excessive. Lemonade, especially flat can shift it or boiled warm water. x

He likes his sleep he's lost quite a bit lately with toothache as well, so he had a deficit to make up. Anyhoo, so far so good today. He's just had sweet and sour chicken for tea, don't know what happened to bland, but ok so far. Pain still in background but loads better than yesterday. I've just told him off for sitting slouched on the sofa. No good for digestion.

just waiting on son to arrive for a visit. How's your day been?

Ghost…Spillways

Hi Everyone.
    Writing from the opposite coast of the U.S. as I am babysitting my two young grandchildren while my daughter is on a trip. Talk about distractions helping anxiety.... I couldn't have a panic attack right now if I wanted to! Yes, I will be exhausted and probably have a melt down once I get home, but as long as I get get through the next 4 days and fly back home safely, I'll try to recover when I get there. Except for the part-time job I just started, but I am going to try very hard not to set too many high standards so that I won't exhaust myself in the future trying to maintain those. I will try to remind myself that I do NOT need to excel at everything and be the best at everything. Remind me if I forget, OK?

Mrs. C, I feel your pain. Those simple, mindless, innocent words that people utter to you as a social formality can cut like a knife and play over and over in your head. Yes, even "take care of yourself" can set me off. And if we knew exactly how to take care of ourselves, we'd gladly be doing it!

I don't know about the positive affirmations.... I guess they work for some people but I tried them several times in the past and didn't notice much benefit, if any. But they can't hurt, so if it's not a chore to do them, I guess give it more time? Or if it just seems like another chore or a task on your "To Do" list, cut yourself a break and skip it. You are in charge of your brain and your thoughts, and your higher self will determine what it needs to heal and find peace. Maybe have talks with yourself (your higher self) and TELL IT you are going to start being more relaxed. I can't believe that worked for falling asleep, but it did and does! My hypnotherapist told me to do it and I'll be darned if it doesn't work. I lay in bed and tell myself I will give my brain 5 minutes to spin and think and then I will fall asleep. And 99% of the time, it works! Thoughts = SO powerful!

You'll find the answer, Mrs. C. It's out there, and you're determined, so it will happen for you. Apparently life still has a few lessons it's trying to teach you, but you're almost there - I can feel it.
    Sue

If only I had the confidence that you both seem to portray.
    Today I braved going to my first shop since a week ago and my awful funny turn.
    We've been out in the car but I've stayed in it too scared to get out! A month ago I was driving the car, can't believe how far back I've fallen.
    So, this shop is in a quiet village about 3 miles. Mr C pulled up right outside to make me feel even more like an invalid. I got out and braced myself for what ever might happen. Clutching my shopping list I grabbed a basket and headed for the fridges. So far so good. Then went to the freezers and then on to the bakery section. Next was the magazine rack where I stopped to browse.
    Then I heard Mr C greet someone that had come in the shop. "Oh no", I thought, knowing Mr C could talk the hind legs off a donkey. Luckily the guy was in a hurry. I muttered a few words and he left. I was ok and still shelf eyeing. Got a bit anxious when I headed for the checkout and glanced at the exit. But stayed composed and carried on.
    I packed all the shopping myself, paid and made small chat to the cashier. Mr C took the bags and left successfully.
    Once in the car I felt like I'd just run a mile, but job done and very pleased.
    On the way back I asked Mr C to take me to town to get something. He couldn't park too near so I had a bit of a walk. And there it came. The blurry eyes, lightheadedness, walking on a cloud feeling. I managed to pick up what I wanted, but on the way back to the car I had to grab Mr C's arm because I just felt so afraid. Do you know he didn't even realise it was because I was shaky, he thought I was being affectionate. I know that because we passed a shop where they sell slippers and asked me if I wanted to have a look. And when we got home I just burst in to tears.
    Mr C got annoyed, we had a row about me apparently not trying enough and facing the fears.
    I managed to eventually calm down and so did Mr C.
    Last edited by Carnation; 04-10-19 at 22:09.

Page 161 of 695 FirstFirst ... 61111151159160161162163171211261661 ... LastLast

Thread Information