Page 173 of 692 FirstFirst ... 73123163171172173174175183223273673 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,730 of 6914

Thread: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Re: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Hi carnation so glad you are feeling better, you sound a lot more positive and cheerful, isn’t it good when we have a good day and our confidence and mood is lifted, I feel like I can conquer the world on a good day. Long may it last carnation...sending you love and hugs...

First things first........

Ten shops I went in to yesterday, yes 10 shops!
    Some of them I just stood in and did absolutely nothing but be there as an exposure thing. Some I made a purchase and some I made conversation with the staff.
    By the time I got home I was exhausted and Mr C and I picked up fish and chips because I couldn't be asked to cook, so in fact it's 11 shops!

Yeah, I was nervous, but using the CBT skills of repeating, "It's just anxiety", "no harm will come to me", "It's just an uncomfortable feeling, nothing more", "Any symptom I feel is just anxiety", "And if something happens, it will pass and each time it will get easier".
    And it does!

At first, I wasn't keen on going out at all yesterday, because I managed to hurt my back weeding in the garden. It was my stupid fault, I was bend and twisting round and I felt something pull in my lower back.
    But after going out, even that felt better.
    We are even parking the car further afield so I have a bit of a walk. Another safety measure. Parking the car as close to where you want to go incase of feeling iffy.
    I never realised I had so many safety measures.

Keeping all doors in rooms open, even the bathroom.
    Lights on all over the house.

Having the tv on all day, even if nothing worth watching.
    So many, including the carrying the phone and bottle of water, good luck charms. Rushing to open a window if hot. Having the car window open all the time, even if freezing.
    I'm even calm in a hot flush, I just let it be, because what goes up, has to come down.

It may sound that I'm cured, but it's a work in progress and boy, have I put the work in.
    And I notice that any type of illness can trigger anxiety off again. Just my back incident set it off straight away.
    But it's learning to understand it and deal with it in the right way. It's not easy, but each day can be an improvement. We can't get rid of anxiety altogether, but we can control it and calm it down.
    It's fear, not a disease. It's an emotion that becomes out of sorts. Like depression.
    We are sensitive and our emotions run high.
    I've a long way to go yet, and I know nothing is plain sailing, but we can improve and we can live a reasonable life. And at the end of the day, that's why we come here, because we want to do just that.

Yes it is hard work Carnation,you WILL conquer your fears and live the life you truly deserve,the Therapy takes time,but never give in.A lot of people say it’s not for them on here,but I think they find it to hard so they quit and keep living in misery.
    You are sounding very positive,and I do not think that you are a quitter.
    I had fish and chips tonight,lol.xx

Hi Quinn

No, I'm not a quitter, far from it.
    If there is a rainbow at the end of a dark tunnel, then it's worth it to keep going.

Wow Carnation - you are doing so well and making progress every day! It’s lovely to see you making those steps forward and you do sound so positive when you describe your day.

The only thing I would say is that you are so hard on yourself. You say your back is your fault but you were doing some really hard work in the garden which I have to really push myself to do.

I hope your back is better and you keep making progress xxxx

Awww, thanks Mrs M x

There is a Rainbow,Carnation you are under it everyday and it is in your garden.Xx.

You'llNeverWalkAlone, I nearly missed your post as I was writing as you were posting.

Thank you for your kind words

Sending love and hugs right back to yer

I like that Quinn and strangely we have been getting quite a few rainbows lately, so miracles can happen

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    I like that Quinn and strangely we have been getting quite a few rainbows lately, so miracles can happen
    miracles can definitely happen!

what you could do as well is instead of measuring whether anxiety is there- instead measuring your response to it- then you’ll see just how great you are doing xxxx

Page 173 of 692 FirstFirst ... 73123163171172173174175183223273673 ... LastLast

Thread Information