Page 174 of 695 FirstFirst ... 74124164172173174175176184224274674 ... LastLast
Results 1,731 to 1,740 of 6941

Thread: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Re: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Wow, wow, wow! Just popped on here to see what I've missed and am so excited that you are having good days, Mrs. C!!!!!

Of course no one knows if and when a setback will occur, but as long as we accept that they can and do happen and that they WILL PASS, even the setbacks won't be as bad as they used to be.

You have truly put in the hard work and it's high time you reap some of the benefits - kudos to you!!!!

10 shops!?!?!? Have you also become the Energizer Bunny?!?!?!

And did you say when you were home you actually WANTED to go out???? Who are you and what have you done with Mrs. C????

Enjoy the journey, Sweet Lady.....life is so precious and doing the best we can with what we've been dealt is the best we can strive for. You're on your way!
    Sue

I do think, when you get that urge to do something, you have to really work with it. Sometimes you can feel like you are climbing the walls and suffocating and the urge comes to escape. I've been there myself. You really did work with it and totally nailed it. Youve climbed out of the relapse and yes, maybe your old 'friend' may decide to sit on your shoulder tomorrow but I don't think you'll slip down as far again.

Me, I had the joy of a dentist trip this morning. Came out very happy because I got the all clear. Fortunately as soon as I sat down she called me in, so I had none of the dreaded waiting around.

Ghost…Spillways

Hi Sue x

Just after the wonderful words in your post, anxiety is up again, but it's due to my bad back and something else I've managed to obtain.... Burning Tongue Syndrome.
    I've had it before and it's not pleasant. Keeps you awake at night , very uncomfortable and painful and makes you feel generally rotten.
    So anxiety is a happy bunny. It's been waiting for an opportunity to get me to me.
    But, I'm dealing with it and hopefully controlling it.
    I still managed to drop off a birthday card yesterday to a friend, but with this storm we have at the moment, staying in sounds like the best option today.

Hi Darksky x

Yes, it's sitting on my shoulder today, but I do have a different mindset towards it. Things happen in life and its all about how to deal with them. It's not the end of the world and one bad day can be a brilliant one tomorrow.
    We all know how catastrophes come in clusters and how we look back at them in the future as another hurdle passed and admire how well we coped.

Brilliant news on the report of your dentist
    That surely warrants a celebration of a cider and a takeaway for your Saturday night viewing

Mrs M x,

What I'm learning as I grow older with hopefully wisdom, is you just have to keep going no matter what life throws at you. It's no bed of roses most of the time, but there are times of fun, love, compassion, comfort and miracles.

That's the crux of the matter. Learning to accept the bad days with the good. Remembering the sun always comes back up.

I will need cider to get me through Saturday viewing. Strictly or X factor. God help us. Time to root through the dvds I reckon.

Ghost…Spillways

Burning tongue? Geez, these amazing, complicated machines that we call bodies certainly can throw a lot of stuff at us! There are so many things that can (and sometimes do) go wrong, but then when you look at the big picture, it's amazing that we don't have MORE issues than we do! There are so many complex, intricate things happening at all times that I'm sometimes shocked there are so many human beings on this earth! So many things can go wrong!

Unfortunately, we were all "blessed" with faulty brain chemistry and some mis-wirings and mis-firings, but being aware of that fact and accepting it is, I guess, the key. I was starting to feel anxious and panicky yesterday but as soon as I reminded myself that that is a part of me that has always been there and always will be, I felt much calmer immediately. I was no longer afraid of it but instead acknowledged that that part of me was still alive and well, and was a part of my life I needed to stop fighting. Yup, it comes and goes, it shows up for apparently no reason sometimes, and we can just hope it leaves just as quickly. I was extremely tired yesterday evening, a lot more so than normal, and then of course was wide awake at the crack of dawn after having many strange dreams. I'm chalking this up to the fact that I was forced to switch my thyroid medication from brand name to the generic, as it has brought quite a few unpleasant symptoms. My husband and I decided that we are going to bite the bullet and pay for the brand name out of pocket as no money is worth this rollercoaster. So hopefully in about 6 weeks my levels will be stabilized again and I can start to feel "normal" again.

Yes, our afflictions can be pretty miserable at times, but that's when I try to remind myself that it could be SO much worse, and if you look around you, I'm sure you will see others who do have much bigger challenges. And the old standby that always makes me feel better is to remind myself that at least I have a roof over my head and food on my table. I'm trying to be grateful for all the positives today.... wish me luck!
    Sue

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    Hi Sue x

Just after the wonderful words in your post, anxiety is up again, but it's due to my bad back and something else I've managed to obtain.... Burning Tongue Syndrome.
    I've had it before and it's not pleasant. Keeps you awake at night , very uncomfortable and painful and makes you feel generally rotten.
    So anxiety is a happy bunny. It's been waiting for an opportunity to get me to me.
    But, I'm dealing with it and hopefully controlling it.
    I still managed to drop off a birthday card yesterday to a friend, but with this storm we have at the moment, staying in sounds like the best option today.

Hi Darksky x

Yes, it's sitting on my shoulder today, but I do have a different mindset towards it. Things happen in life and its all about how to deal with them. It's not the end of the world and one bad day can be a brilliant one tomorrow.
    We all know how catastrophes come in clusters and how we look back at them in the future as another hurdle passed and admire how well we coped.

Brilliant news on the report of your dentist
    That surely warrants a celebration of a cider and a takeaway for your Saturday night viewing

Mrs M x,

What I'm learning as I grow older with hopefully wisdom, is you just have to keep going no matter what life throws at you. It's no bed of roses most of the time, but there are times of fun, love, compassion, comfort and miracles.

That’s very true Carnation. I think the problem is I was raised with Disney films which have happily ever after and we are constantly bombarded with people that are happy in the media - showing us what we don’t have almost. Life was tough in the past and people accepted it- and now we almost expect better.

Anxiety reared is ugly head today for me too. It can make you feel demoralised when you come so far but i was at a kids party - and I could feel an uneasy feeling in my chest. If I would have checked I probably would have had a fast heart beat too- but I didn’t - I just carried on and it was gone. We take back control. But I still feel bad when I have it. It’s going to take a lot of getting used to- to make it my friend rather than my enemy.

I hope you had a good day today xxxxx

Sue,

Did you know 'Burning Tongue Syndrome' can be yet another anxiety symptom?
    Think it's symptom no.86
    I know, let's blame everything on anxiety, it deserves everything it gets!
    But in my case, I seem to be allergic to the new toothpaste I'm using, something to do with the fluoride ingredient. Probably got that wrong, but it's what makes the toothpaste all foaming and soapy.
    I think in this decade, we use too many man-made creations that can interfere with the natural bodies healing process. It's taken the medical profession about 50 years to realise antibiotics are not ideal most of the time and they certainly don't help with viruses.
    Anyway, I'll leave it there incase I turn in to soapbox Mrs C.
    Last edited by Carnation; 03-11-19 at 11:29.

Oops, pressed the button before finishing, story of my life

Sue, I wanted to say that your med change seems a good idea to me. It's obviously plaguing you and if it turns out not to be the culprit then you only have the price jack for a short period rather than forever.
    Like me, you won't know it's that until you can eliminate that as the cause. Health comes first no matter what the cost. If only all meds were free. Its like sanitary towels, why should we have to pay for an aid that we have been naturally born with. That's always riled me.
    I'm going off track again.
    So, knowing you Sue, you'll do that anyway. x

Darksky, the sun does come back up
    It was gloomy wet and windy yesterday and today is dry, still and sunny.
    We could easily compare anxiety to the weather and when we do get a sunny day, it kicks the other shit into oblivion.
    Hope you found a good film to watch Darksky, I ended up watching Anton du Beck rucking with Shirley Ballas. x

Mrs M, don't get too despondent that you didn't have such a good day yesterday. I'm not surprised at all when you told me what you did with your day.
    And I have to say that would be quite normal under circumstances like that.

I myself have not been as good since my back injury and tongue issues and during the night woke with acid reflux which always scares the hell out of me.
    I suppose in an ideal world we'd all want to be in perfect health all of the time.

I'm currently on workbook 3 of CBT Mrs M and its generally about exposure. This could take some time and I find the gradual approach as opposed to bulldozing myself in to a situation. But it does work.

No one said it would be easy, we know that a hundred times over, but remember it is doable. x

Page 174 of 695 FirstFirst ... 74124164172173174175176184224274674 ... LastLast

Thread Information