Page 183 of 692 FirstFirst ... 83133173181182183184185193233283683 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,830 of 6914

Thread: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Re: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

I'm late today posting because I overslept!
    9 hours sleep I got last night and what a difference to the way I feel.
    I'm quite convinced that sleep deprivation and bad quality sleep has a huge affect on our anxiety and depression.
    I've always suffered with poor sleep and quantity of sleep.
    It doesn't take Einstein to work out that lack of sleep is going to impact our abilities and performance including our emotions.
    I've actually done quite a lot today including going out to a shop sale that was closing down and it was heaving with people and it didn't faze me one little bit.
    I'm still trying to work out why I had a better night's sleep because I didn't do anything different in my day.
    It could be just pure exhaustion that gave in.

Sue, I am becoming in awe of your stamina and courage. you amaze me you carry on and push through.
    Although I hate the thought of anyone else suffering as I do, it's aka a comfort that someone else feels exactly the same way.
    Most people would be rushing to their doctor with tingling hands or quivering face. Oh my, I'd be there everyday for the last ten years! You actually poo poo it after so many times. And I certain know that hit by a truck feeling.
    I'm hoping you are feeling a bit better today Sue.
    I refer to my condition as different degrees of anxiety, hoping for the lesser serving.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    I'm late today posting because I overslept!
    9 hours sleep I got last night and what a difference to the way I feel.
    I'm quite convinced that sleep deprivation and bad quality sleep has a huge affect on our anxiety and depression.
    I've always suffered with poor sleep and quantity of sleep.
    It doesn't take Einstein to work out that lack of sleep is going to impact our abilities and performance including our emotions.
    I've actually done quite a lot today including going out to a shop sale that was closing down and it was heaving with people and it didn't faze me one little bit.
    I'm still trying to work out why I had a better night's sleep because I didn't do anything different in my day.
    It could be just pure exhaustion that gave in.

Sue, I am becoming in awe of your stamina and courage. you amaze me you carry on and push through.
    Although I hate the thought of anyone else suffering as I do, it's aka a comfort that someone else feels exactly the same way.
    Most people would be rushing to their doctor with tingling hands or quivering face. Oh my, I'd be there everyday for the last ten years! You actually poo poo it after so many times. And I certain know that hit by a truck feeling.
    I'm hoping you are feeling a bit better today Sue.
    I refer to my condition as different degrees of anxiety, hoping for the lesser serving.
    Hi Carnation,

just a quick message to say how pleased I am that you had a better sleep yesterday night. Looking forward to seeing how your day went xxxx

Thank you Mrs M, so am I

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY CARNATION
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU.....

Hope your having the special day you deserve.....lots of love....

Oh Happy Birthday to an amazing person xxxx

Aw, thank you, You'llNeverWalkAlone and Mrs M xx

Mrs. C.... you did it again, giving me the reminder I need at exactly the time I need it. SLEEP! I marveled a few months ago about what a remarkable, noticeable difference it makes in the way we feel the next day. It's as clear as a light switch: when we have an insufficient nights' sleep, the next day we suffer in some way, and it doesn't necessarily show itself as fatigue or weariness, but we definitely don't ever seem to have a good day when we didn't sleep well. But on the rare occasions where we DO get sound, solid, quality sleep, the next day feels amazingly different than our usual days. So it seems like a simple solution, right? But of course it's not, because getting a lot of quality sleep isn't always an easy thing to do.

Lately I have been falling back into the habit of staying up too late, and then sleeping later than I should which causes me to get up in a fog and rush around to get ready and get to where I need to be. That's never a good way to start a day - I prefer to wake up slowly over a slow cup of coffee and let the cobwebs clear. So thanks to your reminder I am going to try to get to bed a little earlier than usual, and make myself GET UP even if I don't have to be somewhere, because if I stay in bed too long in the morning, I won't be able to fall asleep at night. Patterns and consistency - that's what I need more of.

My stamina/energy comes in waves, and then I seem to pay for them by feeling totally depleted or ill for a few days. I wish I could learn to pace myself and even out my highs and lows, but I've always seemed to have this pattern. I didn't get much sleep last night but got up early because I wanted to go to the animal shelter (on my day off) to accompany my husband to his "orientation".... he signed up to volunteer there. And of course as soon as I walked in the door I got hit with "Thank God you're here - two volunteers never showed up today and the staff person called in sick!" I dove into action and forgot how tired I was. BUT.... be proud of me, I only stayed 2 hours, did the critical medications and tasks, and then left since I was not on the payroll today. I know how easily this job could suck me in and I'm trying to control it, but I do love being there, feeling accomplished, needed, appreciated, and knowing I'm helping helpless animals.

Now that I'm home I'm sitting in the recliner with a cup of coffee and some breakfast (finally) and noticing how yucky I feel. And thanks to your reminder, I'm recognizing it as a sign that I'm not well rested. I used to think that "relaxation" was just as important as actual sleep but I don't believe that anymore. Solid sleep seems to be integral to feeling well. I'm going to relax for an hour or two and then I hope to be motivated to start putting together my tank.... today is the day I had planned to do it, but I'm only going to if I'm in the mood! Now that I'm semi-retired, I don't have to cram everything into weekends anymore.

I totally understand what you're saying about feeling sorry that others suffer as you do but also finding some comfort (and relief) in the fact that others do experience the struggles, physical symptoms, mental symptoms, and phobias that you do. Misery loves company, and it makes us feel a little more "normal" to know someone else has the same reactions to stress, anxiety and fatigue. It still amazes me how many physical symptoms of anxiety I experience, and as some fade away, new ones seem to take their place, so I'm forever trying to figure out what's caused by anxiety and what's not. Otherwise, as you said, we'd have to take up occupancy at the doctor's office! Coming onto this forum and hearing about what others experience is very comforting so I'm grateful for this thread especially.

Happy thoughts, everyone!
    Sue

Wow - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! Here's hoping the Universe gifts you with a relaxed, happy and all-around pleasant day!

Thank you too Sue x

I didn't have a normal birthday, how can you with anxiety? Adrenalin was apparent most of the day and felt especially so in my knees. It felt like someone had whacked my knees with a cricket bat and they just wouldn't stop tingling.
    I spent the morning feeling sorry for myself, then found the strength to get up and make an effort.
    I had a wardrobe malfunction because I felt the need to wear something nice and not the normal throw it on / grab what you can attire.
    So after about twenty minutes and the room looking like a jumble sale, I resulted in wearing my normal clobber.
    Comfort comes first in my book these days.
    I made lunch and then I reluctantly went out with Mr C.
    I gave him strict instructions not to mention to anyone that it was birthday because I hate that people have to wish you best wishes when they hardly know you.
    We went for a drive to a nearby village and spent a couple of hours there. Took the coast route back home and stopped for a while looking at the sea with a moonlight shadow. We take what we can see for granted as we are so wrapped up in nothingness and farcical stuff.
    I spent the rest of my time looking for my lost glasses, which I eventually found under the mountain of clothes I'd turned out of the wardrobe.
    Made some dinner which I burnt, and that's rare for me. Then settled down to watch sexy Kelvin on Strictly Come Dancing. Finished by making myself an Irish Coffee and sat in the garden wrapped in a blanket looking at the night sky and listening to the owl twit - ta - wooing. Which was the best bit. Well that and fact that it's over.

Back to normality, whatever that is?
    Ah yes sleep! The bane of our lives.
    Most people have a routine with that, not me. If I can find something more interesting to do, then I'll choose that over sleep any day. It's been rooted in me from years and years of practice. But I also know how important it is and finding the doing things harder without good sleep.
    Our bodies need this time to repair, rejuvenate.
    There's a saying, 'one hour before midnight is worth two after midnight'. I think there is some truth in that, but for someone who has been a night owl for a very long time. Well it's going to be difficult to turn in to the morning lark.
    So compromise is the answer. If I'm feeling tired in the evening I head for bed. I might do a bit of reading, but my body is relaxing. I know once I have my Jim jams on I won't be tempted to clear out a cupboard at 1am in the morning or start the brain kicking in some project.
    If I feel asleep and then wake up, well at least I'm in the right zone.

Sue, your workplace sounds incredibly short-staffed and I note no news of another member added to the crew.
    Are they actually trying or are they just 'trying'.
    How on earth did they manage before you came along?
    Good grief, I had twenty or so volunteers just in a charity shop. I really don't want to see you becoming put upon or made to feel guilty about the animals, these people are very clever at doing both.
    Keep asking of their progress in this department.
    Mind you, if you are happy with the situation, then ignore everything I have said.

So Christmas the next thing on the agenda. This consumes a good 6 weeks of festivities and events.
    Will I be up to it? Who knows. If I'm not, then I'll just carry on looking at the moon and listening to the night owl.

Oh wow you live by the coast and at night you can hear the owls. Where abouts do you live- I want to live there. Don’t worry- you don’t have to give too much information - just the general area x

Page 183 of 692 FirstFirst ... 83133173181182183184185193233283683 ... LastLast

Thread Information