Page 185 of 691 FirstFirst ... 85135175183184185186187195235285685 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,850 of 6905

Thread: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Re: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Thank you Mrs M likewise

I hope you are having a good day - well as much as you can despite the news yesterday xxx

I agree: this thread isn't about only posting positive comments - it's about sharing - EVERYTHING, good, bad, and in-between. I think if we came on here and only heard about the good things others are experiencing, it would make us more anxious and more depressed, thinking we are the only ones with struggles and disappointments.

I attended a funeral service Friday evening, but it wasn't a terribly sad one as the woman was 92 and chose to stop treatments and cross over. But it still makes you think about how fragile life is and tomorrow is promised to no one. I tend to take my husband very much for granted and I can't even imagine waking up one day to find him gone, but we know these things do happen in life, so I am making a conscious effort to really appreciate every moment of every day that we have "normalcy" in our lives. We haven't lost our homes to a fire or tornado, our families are intact, and we have heat and food. SO much more than some people.

I woke up today feeling like the adrenaline is ramping down, and I so hope that continues. I also feel like I slept solidly - coincidence? Maybe, maybe not.

Have a great day, fellow warriors - focus on what's RIGHT in our lives and not so much what's wrong. But when we're feeling brought down by the "wrongs", this is the place to vent and share because I think we all can relate.
    Sue

Thank you Mrs M, I am. x

Pleased you had a better day Sue x

I'm feeling like I'm not getting much done with the nights creeping in so early. Once the sun goes down I just want to crawl up in a ball on the sofa and feed myself with comforts, so I do.

I popped out briefly yesterday, so cold, but I want to make a point of going out everyday so I can fight my agoraphobia. Even staying in for one day can effect me.
    So I go out whether windy, raining, foggy or freezing.

My depression has lifted and anxiety is not so bad, but I'm still feeling the symptoms, especially the adrenalin.
    I've got to keep telling myself it's just anxiety and there is no danger.

Christmas is approaching fast and I'm actually looking forward to it. I'm very appreciative that I have someone to share it with, have a roof over my head and food to eat. I'm intending to make a big effort to make it as enjoyable as I can.
    There's a few events going on with the church Carol service, the lights switch on and a Christmas craft fair and I'm going to attempt to go to all three of them.
    I'm not keen on New years Eve and this year it will be the anniversary of Mr C's mum. We had such a dreadful Christmas last year, so I'm all out for keeping the festive spirit. And if anxiety wants to be part of it, then it will have to do what I want to do and that's, sit in the background.

Guess I'm feeling silly this morning because after reading your post I had the idea that when you are decorating the house for Christmas and hanging the stockings, you should also hang one for your pet, "Anxiety". And you can fill it with big lumps of coal for being bad all year!
    Sue

Nice one Sue, I'll hang it outside in the cold

Hey Carnation,

it’s so good to hear you joking about your pet anxiety- and that is how we should be reacting to it. It’s like an annoying person or creature that never leaves our side- well it will eventually but whilst it is there- we can make it a joke.

i am looking forward to Christmas too- and I think that is a good sign that we are better - we are able to plan and get excited about it. You definitely deserve a good Christmas this year xxxx

So do you Mrs M, we all do! More importantly we deserve it 'Not just for Christmas but for Life'.

It must be a coincidence talking about referring to anxiety as a pet because I've just read about a tip from a physiatrist actually advising giving your anxiety a pet name. I really like this idea.
    So instead of referring to my anxiety as anxiety, I'm going to call it 'Wilko' . I didn't want to choose a popular name as to offend anyone by doing that and I didn't want to relate it to anyone I knew. So 'Wilko' it is for me and if people think I'm barmy then so be it.
    "Come on Wilko, it's time to get up and get breakfast".

Glad you're laughing about it and on board with referring to anxiety as your pet.... after I submitted my comment about hanging a stocking for it I had second thoughts, fearing that perhaps you would think I was making light of anxiety issues. I know first hand how serious of an issue it is, but maybe it's only as serious as we make it? I think I'm going to name mine, too. I'm on my way to bring my husband to the hospital for a surgery so will have a few hours of wait time....maybe that's when I will be inspired to think of a name.
    Sue

I’m going to call mine ‘Toad,’

And the black dog I will call ’Ratbag,’

There is a lady that walks past me every day walking her black dog. It’s really strange as she never makes eye contact with me when I look up to say ‘hello,’ and looks stressed out x

Page 185 of 691 FirstFirst ... 85135175183184185186187195235285685 ... LastLast

Thread Information