Page 195 of 691 FirstFirst ... 95145185193194195196197205245295 ... LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,950 of 6905

Thread: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Re: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

I wouldn't be so sure..... just because your numbers fall into the "normal" range doesn't mean it's the right range for YOU. My doctor explained that to me years ago. He told me that we should find at what level "I" feel the best at, and try to stay there, rather than keep me in the range the labs consider "normal". And I can tell you from years of experience that every time my numbers fluctuate, I go through about 6 weeks of side effects, the biggest of which are anxiety-related. Such a fun auto-immune disease!

Do you have Graves then? I had TSH checked when I first went to the doctor about my anxiety and it was 0.87. Notmsl range is 0.5 to 5 so it is pretty low but they just said it was normal. Should I ask to see an endocrinologist? The surgeon did a needle biopsy of the goitre today to check it’s not cancerous but also given me I go on having the right side removed as it’s so big. He explained that there would be a 15% chance that I would need to take thyroxin for life. I’m to think about and go back in the new year to discuss. Did you think about yours removed?

Yes, I have Graves Disease, and .5 through 5.0 is a HUGE range! If I'm under .80 I am wired, hot and anxious, and if I'm over 2.0 I am cold and exhausted. My ideal range seems to be about 1.25.

After a few years of changing my thyroxin dosage every few months because my thyroid would ramp and down constantly, I told my endocrinologist that I wanted to have it removed. He told me my case wasn't bad enough yet to warrant surgery, but he said I could consult with a surgeon for a second opinion. The surgeon said I was the perfect candidate since my body was not maintaining a level state of TSH and that since I was constantly on a roller coaster of symptoms and emotions, he agreed I would benefit from surgery. I have trouble with the fluctuating levels. I could learn to live with one extreme or the other if I had to, but the constant changing drove me crazy.
    Sue

So did you have the surgery?

Quote Originally Posted by Windywel View Post
    So did you have the surgery?
    Yes. In 2013. And I replied to your PM.
    Sue

Windywel,

As we were talking about diaries a little while ago, have you thought about starting your own personal n thread on here? You post quite often, so I think you have a need to do that and it would keep everything in one place and make it easier for people to reply to you.
    Especially if you are talking about general illnesses as opposed to anxiety.
    It also becomes confusing as I think you were quite constant on Mrs Mitchell's thread talking about your issues. It would be better for you and others to keep all your issues together. x

Ok sorry Carnation I can do that - I know i barged in on your thread, apologies, I will bow out. Just needed a bit of support lately.

Windywel, I thought it would be a good idea for you!
    I'm always here for support, but I personally think you need a thread of your own to help you! x

You weren't barging in Windywel.

But I can see what Mrs.C means, this thread can get quite chatty, which is great but things can get 'lost' in it. So I think your own thread is a great idea. I'll come on and lend a helping hand

Ghost…Spillways

Me too x
    At the moment all your posting is dotted all over and losing consistency and followers.
    You are welcome on board, but maybe time for your own regular ship as well as cruising this one.

Page 195 of 691 FirstFirst ... 95145185193194195196197205245295 ... LastLast

Thread Information