Page 196 of 693 FirstFirst ... 96146186194195196197198206246296 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,960 of 6929

Thread: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Re: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Excellent suggestion, Mrs. C...... then we can all go to the separate threads and reply more appropriately because I am starting to get confused in this one as to who I'm replying to about what.

What kind of day are you having, Ladies? I saw my hypnotherapist yesterday and, as always, it was a wonderful 2 hours. We talk about all kinds of interesting and fascinating things, and then he spends about 45 minutes with me in a meditative state feeding my sub-conscious with positive images and coping skills, and tries to heal my inner child. I'm not sure it works for everyone, but apparently I must be a good candidate because I truly get a lot out of it. He also taught me how to do EFT, which I had read about slightly in the past, but he's a big believer in it so I now have an instruction sheet to use so I can do it a few times a day. There are so many tools we can use to re-train our brain, and the mind is so powerful - we might as well use all the tools we can, right? I'm going to go tap on my body for a few minutes, and hope we all have a good day.
    Sue

Hi Sue,

Two hours is a long time so you must feel calm and safe.
    I've done EFT. Yes it does help. I'd actually put it on the shelf and forgotten about it. Thanks for reminding me. x

Hi carnation and everyone

How is everyone doing? Hope you have had a better day, I’ve had a chilled out day, even managed a nap this afternoon, usually I fight it, but this time I gave in.

Carnation and Sue what is EFT...

love and and hugs to all xxx

Hi You'llNeverWalkAlone

EFT is tapping.
    You tap the pressure points to change the thought pattern, often used in panic situations or high anxiety.. The points mainly lie in the face area, chest and wrists.
    As you tap you say things to change your negative thoughts.
    Look it up on YouTube and you'll get a demonstration. x

Hi Carnation

I’ve heard of tapping before, I saw a few years ago on I’m a celebrity Sinnetta used to do it, she Crossed her arms and tapped just below her shoulders just above the breasts, she suffered anxiety and panic attacks.

will have a look on you tube... thank you...xxx

Hows your day been, better I hope xxx

Thanks for asking You'llNeverWalkAlone x

I had a fair day with regards to anxiety.
    I managed to pop out but I'm still incredibly nervous, even walking. When I'm walking it feels like I'm on a treadmill. I'm taking the steps but feel like I'm not really moving. I am, it's just my perception.

I never realised Sinatta had anxiety, she hides it well.
    Mind you, people say that about me.
    I still have this thing where I think people are staring at me. I'm so self conscious and I try my best to hide from anything human.

But I did meet a lady yesterday that told me something interesting. Her doctor has told her that the waves from mobile phones cause her to have panic attacks and she can't be near them at all.
    I know the effects are not exactly good for us, but both Mr C and myself were standing right next to her for a good ten minutes in a shop and she didn't react to that or the several other people passing her by.
    I mean, how do you avoid mobile phones in today's society?
    Another thing she mentioned was fluorescent lighting. I get that. It makes me feel weird, always has done. But so does a dozen other things.
    The transition of light to dark.
    Looking up at the sky
    A full moon
    Glass table tops
    Corridors
    Rooms without windows
    Closed doors in rooms
    Rooms that have completely bare walls
    Having the sun directly on my face
    Rooms with central heating too high
    Loud people
    And floorboards that are bouncy.
    But I didn't tell her any of that.
    Interesting diagnosis of her doctor though.

Hi Carnation

Glad you had a better day yesterday, I understand that treadmill feeling but my head feels wobbly at the same time, like my brain is wobbling about in my head and my eyes and brain won’t coordinate...

oh I wonder if it’s just mobile phones or whether your cordless landline can do same, although don’t think it causes mine as I’ve had it that long now well before mobile phones and my landline was a corded put your finger in the hole to dial phone...(bloody hell im showing my age now

yeah I remember Sinette doing it, but your right we do hide a lot, don’t know whether that’s a good thing or not, but I get fed up of moaning so others must be sick of hearing it....

I don’t like the lights in NewLook, they are so white and bright....I tend to wear sunglasses a lot regardless of the weather, people probably think I’m daft or got a hangover

Anyway hope today is another better day for you, I’m off to hospital later for another X-ray, so feeling a bit jittery..

speak soon, lots of love

Yes YNWA, I get that wobbly head feeling too.
    I actually feel like one of those wooden puppets with their joints all floppy and their head flopping about all over the place.
    I loved those finger in the hole phones. They took forever to phone number though. I loved the sound too.
    Came back in fashion after everyone chucked them out, selling for £50 a piece.
    But you can't use them these days with today's system....
    Press 1 for service, 2 for sales and 3 if you want to hold on the line for an hour.

Hope all good news today YNWA.
    Take a mag or book with you to distract your jitters and imagine you are going to get a full bill of health. x

Hope your X-ray went ok?
    i just hate anything medical...or maybe it's just appointments, I really do hate appointments, talk about pressure

Our first phone, when we got married was a two tone green trim phone. Remember them. You can still get them with buttons instead of a dial but it's not quite the same. Today's phones are complicated too. I got a new one for my mother and she just hadn't a clue...it had to go back.

How are you getting along Windywel?

Ghost…Spillways

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    I actually feel like one of those wooden puppets with their joints all floppy and their head flopping about all over the place.
    x
    In the name of the Pelham Puppets, pull yourself together, Mrs C!

Glad all appears to be ticking along nicely for you

Never Surrender, Comrade

Page 196 of 693 FirstFirst ... 96146186194195196197198206246296 ... LastLast

Thread Information