Page 199 of 691 FirstFirst ... 99149189197198199200201209249299 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,990 of 6901

Thread: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Re: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

How nice of Mr.C. Can he nip over and give Mr.D some impulsive buying lessons....particularly aimed at his other half.

He treated himself to a cctv system the other week. It's now his new toy. He can sit for ages just looking at what the camera is seeing. Oh look, I went out to the bin! Ooooh the dogs out, remember to get the poo bags out and pick that up!
    Thrilling stuff.
    But we have been watching a fox who seems to use our garden as a short cut up the lane every night.

Hope everyone had a good day, my stomach has been having one of it's tense days

Ghost…Spillways

Hi Darksky

Yes, Mr C treats me well, but I look after him too!
    He also went through a phase of setting up cameras, although he had many glitches and he every gave up.
    Will you be featuring on Springwatch next year?

Sorry to hear you have a tense tummy, I had something similar and have had to watch what I eat so as to not make it worse.

We stayed in today, weather was rotten, so cached up on more chores. Oh, I am so organised

I had one of those, 'can't get to sleep' nights last night.
    I knew I needed a wee, but I'd already been to the loo twice in the last hour and thought the urge would die down, but it didn't. So three visits in one hour, "where does it all come from?"
    I also thought I had a heart flutter lying in bed last night, but couldn't be sure, but my left arm felt weird for a second so my mind went into overdrive.
    Then for some reason I couldn't swallow. Why was I doing that anyway, I wasn't eating or drinking?
    So I was just making things worse for myself.
    This morning I could feel my heart pounding as I laid on the bed this morning. I swear I could feel the bed moving, then I thought I couldn't breathe through my nose
    So with one hand listening to calming affirmations and the other over my heart waiting for normality to occur, I thought to myself, "what's happening?"
    Well, I've had a trio of events happen.
    Mr C was not feeling well yesterday
    A friend was rushed to hospital with heart issues
    And the cat has to go to the vet for his jabs and he really doesn't like it and I feel like the wicked mummy.
    So I presume I have been panicking.
    I had a lie in and feel better now, but oh my, it is scary when you have no control over your organs, or do we?
    I stayed calm and got through it.

Don't overthink it. You ve got stuff on your mind and yes you were panicking. Nothing was happening except a flow of adrenaline. But you got through it, that's absolutely the main point. Do you drink a lot of fluid before bed? That will get you up.
    Its funny you've got to take your cat for his boosters. I'm going tomorrow night for my elderly dogs annual jabs. I've got to talk about her peeing everywhere too. She doesn't seem to know she's doing it anymore. I hate it when they get old and you have to face the prospect of life without them. Still there's life in the old dog yet and I expect there will be some (expensive) medication that will sort it.

Ghost…Spillways

Hi Carnation

I get those flutters and missed beats quite a lot, don’t worry about it, it is nothing, that’s what a cardiologist told me, even fit athletes can get them, but I do understand how your mind goes into overdrive....like Darksky said the palps after is only the adrenaline. You did really well at keeping calm and letting it pass, that’s a big achievement. I had 3 wee’s last night but I do drink in the night so my own fault really.
    Glad your feeling better now and well done you...xxx

Thank you for the 'pep' talk Darksky. x That's 'pep' and not 'pet'. Although we were talking about our pets. Gee, you know what I mean.
    Yes, I drink loads in the evening, I will have to have a cut off point.
    I think I dread going to the vets just as much for fear of you know what. They rely on us so much for their care. Must be brave.

Hi You'llNeverWalkAlone,
    I hope you are feeling better with your injuries.
    I always find the anxiety pumps up, especially after the aftermath. x
    We can't win with the fluids, can we?
    We are being told to drink more fluids then we spend our time running to the loo.
    Thank you for reassuring me about my heart.

Hi Gang.... just checking in. I'm shocked at how far behind I was in these posts! Honestly, if I don't have an e-mail prompting me that there are new comments in this thread I don't seem to get on here...... my mind and body are always going in so many different directions at once, especially at this time of year, that if my alerts or reminders don't go off, I'm doomed.

Been busy and have had some good days, some bad days. Been going into the shelter, went and had my follow-up eye appointment, picked up new glasses (that I'm trying to get used to) and also got a different type of contact lenses so a brain-retraining curve on those, too. I have just about all of my Christmas shopping done (all online) so soon I will set up a wrapping station and start getting them ready and stacked for distribution. I've had a few high anxiety days in a row (3 or 4) and it's the "too much adrenaline/cortisol/hormones type of anxiety. Mostly all physical symptoms with a lot of agitation and frustration thrown into the mix. Today was finally a little bit better so I'm hoping the worst is over and I'm on my way out of this spell.

Nothing too exciting to report here. Working some days, tending to my seahorse tanks the other days, and of course the daily joys and trials of owning dogs. I've been forcing myself to meditate and do some EFT tapping at least once a day, even if it's only 5 minutes. It can't hurt and it might just help, so why not, right?

Be well everyone!
    Sue

Hi Sue,

Always nice to hear from you. x
    Don't the days just fly by when you are busy and less time to pay attend to those symptoms.
    When you have blips I think it's good to break it down into bad days, good days, fair days, accomplished days, restful days, busy days and if you are lucky, an absolutely brilliant day. The symptoms arrive to let you know of past patterns that have affected you in the past added with a little stress and a tired mind.
    The body is always ready to go, which proves why some people go to the gym or yoga classes after a day at work and feel more energised.
    I've always thought that doing nothing is more exhausting.

Good to hear you are organised, but then that is your forte.
    And don't forget to chant the words of positivity when doing EFT otherwise it won't work! You also have to give the tapping a firm approach, a light tap won't have any affect either.
    Keep up the good work. x

I had a very stressful day yesterday. It wasn't just my peculiar heart effects, I had my hat trick of upsets when it comes to anxiety.
    I received a letter that was very stressing which I can't go in to which caused a few tears which later turned into anger. Then the vets were closed after the big ordeal of stressing my cat in its cat carrier which he hates with a vengeance, then arriving to find the receptionist booked me in the wrong practice. So I've got a repeat performance later in the week.
    As a result I overslept today, which I don't mind at all really.
    But I noticed that when I became angry I had a surge of confidence and Wilko got pushed right out of the equation.
    I'm not suggesting we all go around like the 'Incredible Hulk', but the energy that comes with anger if it could be managed and adapted could be a handy tool for times that are difficult. Although that's why I probably overslept today.
    I think when we have a bad day or days, we result in doing the opposite and anxiety retracts our body and we become sloth like and upset and feeble.
    So if we can turn anger into power and determination, a bit like an exercise regime, it could be helpful at times.
    For people that have anger issues already, then obviously I wouldn't recommend it, I'm talking about us folk that retreat into a shell.
    Opposites can switch very quickly. Like love and hate, happy / sad, strong /weak.......
    And emotions can be powerful in our lives, so it's worth looking at how to use them when needed.
    But most of all, we should be kind to ourselves.
    All those years of pressure, torment, work, stress, trauma, pain. If we were a pet would have a treat, a good meal and plenty of tlc

I have a very short temper. I can go up like a rocket but come down just as quick. But I tend to curb it because for me, once the anger has gone, I get the anxiety. It must be the adrenaline surge anger brings with it.

poor cat, having to do it all again. I have never known a cat who likes those carriers. I think they associate them with vets and jabs. I turned up at the wrong practice oncetotally my fault. The receptionist said, what are you doing here, you should be elsewhere. There wasn't a vet on site, so the nurse, gave the required jabs and off I went with a red face.

Bought my Christmas tree today. It's now outside in a bucket of water having a drink

Ghost…Spillways

Page 199 of 691 FirstFirst ... 99149189197198199200201209249299 ... LastLast

Thread Information