Page 203 of 693 FirstFirst ... 103153193201202203204205213253303 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,030 of 6929

Thread: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Re: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Oh I know.... my hairdresser said the other day...you ready for Christmas? Immediately i felt down. Stop talking about Christmas, I hate it! Yet I never used to

im ready anyway, just got to get the spouts It will just be me and Mr.D again and the dogs. And a jigsaw, got one ready to do. We are like an old couple but we do love doing them. Oh and a nice fire going in the burner. That will do us.

have you got one of those posh bubbly foot spas? Or are we talking washing up bowl with a towel under it?

Ghost…Spillways

I'm an old fashioned girl Darksy so it's a bowl, but not the one we do our washing-up in.
    Tried the foot spa thingy, but prefer to just sit and soak with a glass of something in one hand and the tv remote in the other.

I like a jigsaw myself, but just for Christmas.

You're allowed the TV remote!!! You must be the only woman in the country to have it. Mr.D had ours surgically attached to his hand years ago.

Ghost…Spillways

Yes Darksky I get it on the understanding he can watch football.

Oh, I loved that line: "Countdown to catastrophe"! It made me laugh out loud and I will be using that today if anyone asks me if I'm ready for Christmas!

All the schools and a lot of businesses are closed today due to a horrendous ice storm. It's still going on, but luckily I didn't have to work at the shelter today, although I may go in to help out later. I have to be at a dental appointment anyway and it's right down the street. The dentist insists I start wearing a night guard because she insists I grind my teeth while sleeping. I may or may not do it every night, but I will go pick up the guard today to appease my dentist.

I had to fire my primary care physician yesterday since she is not being cooperative with me getting a preventative rabies vaccine. The place I found that will give me one says I have to be a patient of theirs first (understandable) and I can't have two primary care physicians, so I had to dismiss the original doctor. I was always on the fence about whether I liked her or not anyway - sometimes I left there liking her, but most times I left there thinking I'd like another doctor. I had a doctor for over 40 years that took care of me, my kids, my husband, etc. and I loved him to death. I sobbed and cried like a baby during our last visit when he retired and no one will ever replace him in my book. But.... life goes on!

I had a strange dream last night that I'm trying to shake off but it keeps popping back up in my memory. In it I was diagnosed with a disease that was terminal, and the doctor kept saying that by the time it can be noticed and diagnosed, it's too late - there's nothing we can do. And in my dream I kept stressing that I was supposed to live til age 88 and this can't be happening - it's too early for me to die!"

Sure hope it was just a dream and not a premonition.

Stay well, ladies. I'm trying to stay serene by sitting on the couch staring at my window birdfeeder - so many lovely birds are visiting today, bluejays and cardinals..... just beautiful. I think the cardinals are telling me to forget about my dream and realize it was JUST a dream. That's my story anyway.
    Sue

Just a dream Sue aren't we supposed to reverse our dreams? Which means you are ridiculously healthy and will pass 88 at a jog.

I had one the other night about being chased by a bull and beating it off with a full dog poo bag. That's how daft they are.

Anyway...are you ready for Christmas
    Last edited by Darksky; 18-12-19 at 13:48. Reason: spelling

Ghost…Spillways

It must be dream time for all of us.
    I dreamed I fainted which actually woke me up and I've been on tender hooks all day!
    I was told that if you tell someone of your dream, it won't happen, so therefore you going to be ok Sue.
    As for Darksky's poo bag dream, well that can't possibly come true.
    I'm good at remembering my dreams and they seem to be a culmination of something you've watched on tv, something you did that day, something you've heard and something you've been thinking about.
    But they certainly feel lifelike and frightening.

Thanks, Ladies..... those posts made me laugh, and I guess I will be sharing all my negative dreams with you to cancel them out. I wouldn't be so sure about Darsky's dream not being possible..... have you seen how heavy the poo from a 160 pound dog walk can get???? I have, and I think getting smashed in the face with it would ward off any offender, especially as they try to clean it off their face. Hey, maybe we should all carry around animal poo for protection???? If people didn't already think we were strange, that would certainly confirm it with them.

Dreaming of fainting: can't say I've had that one but I know it would shake me up a bit if I did. Just like dreaming of having an anxiety attack can leave you waiting for it all day. These brains are such complicated machines!

YES, I AM FRIGGIN' "READY" FOR CHRISTMAS! LOL Well, maybe not... I'm done shopping but have not done any wrapping. But with the convenience of gift bags and tissue paper, that's not half the chore it used to be.
    Sue

Hey love reading about these dreams and thinking of carrying a poo bag around to ward off scary people!! I don’t have a dog- but sadly the silly people with dogs around here don’t clear up their mess- so there are lots of kind donations around

I suppose because I worked in the Leisure Industry which involved cooking up to 100 meals a day and catering for functions of 200 +, Christmas seems miniscule to me with preparations. It's also probably the reason I refuse to flap.
    If we ain't got it, it's no hardship.
    The important thing is the real spirit of Christmas which is nothing to do with presents, crackers or cranberry sauce. I can hear someone shouting, "Oh God, I forgot about the cranberry sauce".

I had one of those dreams, bordering on nightmares again.
    Mr C and myself were waiting in a coach car park after being away for the weekend and my mum and dad came to meet us. My dad went missing, my mum had a nasty fall and then found out the coach was going to Glasgow instead of Heathrow. I went off searching for my dad and ended up in a wood where for some reason I hid my suitcase. At the other side was a Norwegian Christmas Market with stalls run by creepy elves. One of the stalls was vividly that yucky candyfloss stuff on a stick. And the elves had the biggest ears I have ever seen.
    I approached a policeman who couldn't speak English to ask about my dad. He was like the policeman from 'Allo, Allo'. The elves were all laughing at me.
    Suddenly it got very dark so I starting running back through the woods and back to the coaching bay like Usain Bolt.
    When I arrived everyone had gone!
    It felt like about 8 hours and I woke up very exhausted. I actually feel more tired than when I went to bed.

The other thing is my tongue. I've obviously been biting into it during the night, because it is so sore this morning.

Why does the 'Woods' appear so much in dreams?
    Last edited by Carnation; 18-12-19 at 10:53.

Page 203 of 693 FirstFirst ... 103153193201202203204205213253303 ... LastLast

Thread Information