Page 205 of 685 FirstFirst ... 105155195203204205206207215255305 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,050 of 6850

Thread: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Re: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Well done YNWA
    I know exactly how hard that was for you because I experience that every day!
    I've had to encounter three conversations while I was out and appear interested and relaxed when I was neither.
    It takes all my strength and determination to do what should be such an easy thing as walking and popping into a shop.
    I'm feeling the fear, accepting the fear, not running away or fighting it and meanwhile my body struggles to cope with all that.
    I keep going in hope that one day I will feel at ease and feel normal. It is possible, so I keep trying. If I don't then my life is disabled and limited.
    This condition we all have is beyond any doctors cure. We have to be our own doctor, carer and therapist.
    But it does become so tiring and we become so despondent, but if we help each other, share, comfort and give hope then we are all on the same path to hopefully a happier and better life. x

Sue, you have a right to be angry.
    We do all the things suggested under the sun and still we are looking for more cures.
    How many times do I hear, "I've had this for 20 years, 30 years?" And reoccurring relapses. GPs that shake their head or look at you like you are a hopeless case.
    Why wouldn't we be angry.
    But in the same breath we wait for the moment we notice a glimmer of relief to encourage us to keep going and trying. It's not a disease but a debilitating condition.
    And we cry ourselves into depression so have that to deal with that as well.
    We have no choice but to pick ourselves up and try and try again. The flip side is not a pretty picture.
    We need to help each other, give hope and love and we are lucky to have found that here for each other. x

Darksky, after some heavy writing from me, your lists are a brilliant idea. x

I had another weird dream again last night, not scary, well it could be.
    Here goes....
    For what reason the whole country was in the throws of enjoying a street party that was piling into people's homes. I was watching from my window and decided to let people in to the house.
    In walked William Shatner, (Star Trek) and Heather Small from M People.
    Heather wanted a vodka and a scone with jam and cream.
    I took a tall glass and placed the scone in the base, didn't have any cream so used milk then poured the vodka on top. I made six of these concoctions.
    The William Shatner wanted a Cinzano, but I had to to get a bottle out of the top cupboard in my bedroom where I discovered 5 bottles of advocaat.
    Meanwhile my dad woke, came down the stairs in his dressing gown and said to me, "what's all these people doing in my house and why is William Shatner here?"
    Then I woke up.

So, yesterday I kept thinking we need to get more milk
    Mr C was chatting about Star Trek
    And I couldn't make up my mind about whether to get any advocaat for Christmas
    The rest is a mystery

Isn’t it funny how the brain takes pieces of information and pieces it together in a completely different jigsaw puzzle!

And about your earlier message- yes having anxiety is not good at all- but I am glad it has led me
    to meet some fantastic people on here who understand. xxxx

That is the most disgusting concoction I gave ever heard of. Scone, milk and vodka in a knickerbocker glory glass. Where is that vomiting smilie?

But it have you noticed, well it's true for me, that you are a perfectly 'normal' person in dreams. You don't have anxiety.

Ghost…Spillways

Yes Darksky, I never saw that. That's got to be encouraging. There's hope to for me yet
    I'm taking it that you don't want one of my homemade concoctions Darksky?

Mrs M, I like a good puzzle, but not my own brain

Yes it does feel like that! Banging head against a brick wall x

It certainly does Mrs M. x

How are you today Carnation? X

Hi Mrs M,

I've not been too bad today, thanks for asking.
    It's been the usual crappy weather, but I've kept myself occupied. No funny dreams last night either.
    I'm still applying affirmations, Mindfulness, CBT, meditation and muscle relaxation to my routine.
    Obviously not all the time as I'd be at it all day.
    I'm not saying my life is easy, the symptoms are still there and they get me down and my mind worries like crazy, but I'm learning to go with the flow.
    Accepting something horrible is like asking someone to stick pins in you all day long. And I'm sort of getting used to the pain.
    I know you've been struggling Mrs M so sending you a hug

Aw thank you Carnation. It’s good to see you had a not too bad day. It is tough- but as long as I know I am doing it right then it’s always a step in the right direction xxxx

Page 205 of 685 FirstFirst ... 105155195203204205206207215255305 ... LastLast

Thread Information