Page 207 of 685 FirstFirst ... 107157197205206207208209217257307 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,070 of 6850

Thread: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Re: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Thanks Darksky, it's going to be a cold evening by my testing.
    Yes, I'll try to tame my legs, don't want the vicar thinking I'm doing a 'Basic Instinct' either.
    My motto is "I can always leave if it gets too much", but I'll do my best to feel the fear.
    Watery eyes today, hate that, but then again I hate all things that disable my comfort. x

Carnation that is me down to a t! Anything that disables my comfort bothers me- a bit of cold, too hot, a pain in my knee- and when you are sensitised it is much worse as everything is felt more xxx

I made it!
    You were right Darksky it was much better than last week. x
    Although I was anxious all day about going.
    When I arrived was a bit shaky, you know that cat in the headlights affect.
    Got there early, had a pick of the seats.
    Waited patiently for the place to fill up. Got chatting to a couple behind us who were really nice people.
    Sang several carols, managed not to fidget.
    Has a moment when I thought my leg had gone funny, but said to myself, "stop imagining stuff and focus on what's happening".
    Strange thing was Mr C was the anxious one, just wouldn't sit still, but managed to calm him down, that's a first.
    The woman behind me I was chatting too had a voice like an angel and I told her so.
    All in all nearly 2 hours and by the time I left I was floating out of the church.
    Finished the evening with fish and chips.

Woooooow! You were chatting to people and saying they were nice, you had to calm Mr C down, you floated out of the Church! Incredible- well done you

Thanks Mrs M x
    It was like I went in one person and came out another

Whoohooo - congrats on the successful outing, Mrs. C! I can't help but wonder if part of your success was due to Mr. C being the antsy one this time. It sucks to always feel like the one with the issues, and when I'm with someone or a bunch of people and someone ELSE is struggling, either physically or mentally, then it seems to take all the pressure off of me and while I rise to helping the other person, and my anxiety disappears.

Working at the shelter is so very good for me. Even if I wake up tired and wishing I could stay home that day, I get a text from someone at the shelter and instantly I am motivated to get dressed and get in there, and as soon as I enter the building, I am in a different state of mind. I love being there, I love feeling useful, I love all the people that are there, and the time flies by. I never think about how I'm feeling mentally or physically - I'm so focused on the dozens of things I want to do to treat the sick animals. So now I know that If I ever start to feel badly while I'm there I'm probably legitimately coming down with something, because most of the time that I'm there I don't even THINK about my health or my anxiety. People were stating that I must be exhausted because of all the time I've put in lately and the frantic pace I keep, but my reply has been "it's not work - this is my happy place."

I'm becoming very good friends with one of the members of the Board of Directors, and what's the common thread that lead to us becoming close? She revealed to me that she suffers from terrible anxiety, and this woman who at first intimidated me and who I tried to avoid is now becoming someone I can't wait to spend time with because she's not at all the person she tries to pretend to be. She's just a scared little girl on the inside, trying to project a confident, secure adult. Funny how those of us who are dying on the inside seem to have the biggest personalities and confidence.... we all deserve Academy Awards!
    Sue

I'm so happy for you Sue x
    You chose wisely with your new work.
    And no backchat from the animals. Well, the occasional meow or woof.
    And you are doing something worthwhile.
    Really good news you got to know this lady better and I'm sure you'll become very close.
    I wonder if she started the practice because of her anxiety.
    Funny you mentioned that you were not to impressed by her manner on first meeting. I've had a few people say to me once they got to know me that I sometimes appeared a bit off, but they've not known about my struggling or fleeing from panic. I rarely flee anymore, so now they can see my full on character and to be honest, I've got to a point where I don't care. Well I do deep inside, but you know what I mean.
    Yes Sue, I'm a bit of Superwoman to the rescue.
    I'm first one there if someone has had an accident, needs help or an animal is lost or in distress.
    All focus on me disappears.
    But last night it wasn't until half way through the service that I felt the pew moving and my first thought was it was due to my muscle twitching.
    I glanced over at Mr C and noticed the he was rubbing his belly and had that look on his face like the cat in headlights and it was then he told me he was anxious.
    Do you know what caused it?
    He forgot to take his glasses and couldn't see the carols to sing. It made him agitated. But he sung the ones he knew. I also warned the people behind me that I may get a bit emotional and start grabbing for the tissues, but I was actually ok. My eyes welled up a couple of times, but no crying scene.

Oh my, it was a wonderful feeling to walk out of that church feeling a normal person. No wobbling, no blurry eyesight, no rushing to get out. I literally wanted to to raise both arms to the sky and say, "Hallelujah".

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    I'm so happy for you Sue x
    You chose wisely with your new work.
    And no backchat from the animals. Well, the occasional meow or woof.
    And you are doing something worthwhile.
    Really good news you got to know this lady better and I'm sure you'll become very close.
    I wonder if she started the practice because of her anxiety.
    Funny you mentioned that you were not to impressed by her manner on first meeting. I've had a few people say to me once they got to know me that I sometimes appeared a bit off, but they've not known about my struggling or fleeing from panic. I rarely flee anymore, so now they can see my full on character and to be honest, I've got to a point where I don't care. Well I do deep inside, but you know what I mean.
    Yes Sue, I'm a bit of Superwoman to the rescue.
    I'm first one there if someone has had an accident, needs help or an animal is lost or in distress.
    All focus on me disappears.
    But last night it wasn't until half way through the service that I felt the pew moving and my first thought was it was due to my muscle twitching.
    I glanced over at Mr C and noticed the he was rubbing his belly and had that look on his face like the cat in headlights and it was then he told me he was anxious.
    Do you know what caused it?
    He forgot to take his glasses and couldn't see the carols to sing. It made him agitated. But he sung the ones he knew. I also warned the people behind me that I may get a bit emotional and start grabbing for the tissues, but I was actually ok. My eyes welled up a couple of times, but no crying scene.

Oh my, it was a wonderful feeling to walk out of that church feeling a normal person. No wobbling, no blurry eyesight, no rushing to get out. I literally wanted to to raise both arms to the sky and say, "Hallelujah".
    That’s amazing Mrs C! I am really proud of you. You have not had it easy and you have persevered and never given up hope!

and even if someone isn’t religious- it just goes to show how faith can help xxxx

Was constant nausea something that you ever had and if so, how did you deal with it - sorry to be selfish at your time of success and remind you of possibly a bad time x

Thank you for kind words Mrs M x

Oh yes, nauseous big time and would set off my anxiety.
    I've started having porridge for breakfast, what a difference it has made. Helped with the GERD, Acid Reflux, Indigestion and uncontrollable wind.

Page 207 of 685 FirstFirst ... 107157197205206207208209217257307 ... LastLast

Thread Information